Jeep Wrangler last car to have round lights -neat article - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Jeep Wrangler last car to have round lights -neat article

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 06-26-2012, 07:31 AM   #1
scorpionkill
2008 JK Wrangler 

Jeep Wrangler last car to have round lights -neat article

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012/...tcmp=obnetwork

Unread 06-26-2012, 08:39 AM   #2
TheHuntsman
2012 JK Wrangler 

Yikes, thank goodness Jeep got it's act together after putting out all those "Wronglers" with the square headlights.

Let's hope they never make that mistake again!
TheHuntsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2012, 09:04 AM   #3
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

The square headlight is what defines the Wrangler, sets it apart from other Jeeps as something unique, something that makes a Wrangler a Wrangler. Then they f***** up and swapped back to that failure of a round headlight. Round is so incredibly redundant, they already have round wheels, round tires, a round steering wheel.. What else? Round bearings? Round bolts? What about a round set of gauges?

Hurr durr lets put more round on it, durp..
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2012, 09:55 AM   #4
Elwood
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The classic vertical 7-inch round headlamp design is facing extinction, a victim of safety and fuel economy regulations coupled with the march of technology.
Need we say more???
Unread 06-26-2012, 10:44 AM   #5
bogleparsons
2013 JK Wrangler 

Yes Obviously the square headlights on my Wrangler are improving my MPG's.........
Unread 06-26-2012, 11:35 AM   #6
kenskis
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwood View Post
Need we say more???
I had to think about that for a second, then realized that large flat headlights are not exactly aerodynamic or pedestrian friendly. Also, LED's use a lot less energy. Of course there is no reason that LED's couldn't be arranged in a circle, but stylists (like those at Audi) like to be more creative.
()_)-()_)--o-)_)
Red 03 TJ sport l OME lift l ARB's front & rear l 4.11 gears l 32X11.50" MTR's l Nth Degree Tummy Tucker l SYE & CV l Nth Degree Dana 44 slider l Nth Degree Oil Pan Skid l JKS adjustable front track bar l KC slimlights l Rock Rails l IPF H4 headlights l Dynamat
kenskis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2012, 12:17 PM   #7
NonRubicon
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHuntsman View Post
Yikes, thank goodness Jeep got it's act together after putting out all those "Wronglers" with the square headlights.

Let's hope they never make that mistake again!
Oh no you didn't

Coil springs are more of an abomination to the Jeep lineage than square headlights.

NonRubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2012, 01:02 PM   #8
TheHuntsman
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonRubicon View Post
Oh no you didn't

Coil springs are more of an abomination to the Jeep lineage than square headlights.

Not to mention fuel injection, a roll cage, electronic ignition, an automatic tranny, power steering, full doors, ect. ... I would hope you all realize I was kidding.
Unread 06-26-2012, 01:39 PM   #9
bogleparsons
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHuntsman View Post
Not to mention fuel injection, a roll cage, electronic ignition, an automatic tranny, power steering, full doors, ect. ... I would hope you all realize I was kidding.
Oh NO! You can't take it back now Huntsman, your a square hater, we see right through you.
Unread 06-26-2012, 02:59 PM   #10
TheHuntsman
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogleparsons View Post
Oh NO! You can't take it back now Huntsman, your a square hater, we see right through you.
hahahaha, nah. Not me. lol I remember all the hate that was around back when the YJ's were new, though. I was driving a CJ7 during that era. To me I didn't see what the big deal was. I was more concerned with the decision to return to the 6 cyl/4 cyl platform from the early years instead of sticking with the V8/I6 that had been the running standard for awhile at that point. Headlights are just headlights. I personally like the look of the round lights, but the squares don't look any less Jeep-like then a Wagoneer or a Cherokee. Both of which I consider to be perfectly fine examples of the Jeep brand.
Unread 07-26-2013, 01:02 PM   #11
OldGuard

image-973300832.jpg

OldGuard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 01:52 PM   #12
2jhanna
Web Wheeler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I got this from the article: Never new what PAR XX meant.

At the time, the lights were all of the sealed-beam type, and technically known as the Par 56 – engineer-speak for parabolic aluminized reflector, 56/8ths of an inch.
Unread 07-26-2013, 06:27 PM   #13
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I remember in '84 when my older brother was talking about buying his first car, which was a new pickup, and he was talking about how cool the square headlights were. Square was all the rage...

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 06:59 PM   #14
jay-h
1989 YJ Wrangler 

They may be still round, but they're now made of that same crap plastic as everyone else that fogs and yellows.

Who could think that's a good idea?

wife's toys
97 Grand Cherokee (ZJ)
87 MB 560SL roadster
jay-h is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2013, 07:46 AM   #15
tpeters1
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Elwood

OMG I am still rolling over your quote

A quote from my wife: "I don't even want to know how much it cost, I'm not in the mood to be that pissed off today.

Sorry buddy my wife just calls me at work and says another box arrived for your Girlfriend in the Garage!
tpeters1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.