Jeep Wave - TJ vs YJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Jeep Wave - TJ vs YJ

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFG

Unread 07-06-2008, 08:25 PM   #1
Alabamaranger
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Jeep Wave - TJ vs YJ

I have notice that 90% of the folks that drive TJ's do not wave. It's mostly drivers in YJ's or CJ's do most of the jeep wave. TJ owners are stuck up when it comes to the wave. Maybe Rusty and start a poll and lets see if I am right. Maybe something like this.....

People in YJ's that do not wave back = vote
People in TJ's that do not wave back = vote
Others XJ's and CJ's that do not wave back = vote

Today, I passed a total of 5 jeeps, 4 of the TJ's was no wave and the YJ gave a jeep wave.

Alabamaranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2008, 09:08 PM   #2
Hoobly_Goob
1991 YJ Wrangler 

nah, I always get waves from TJ's, it's the JK's that don't wave.

Utah Jeep Crew
Hoobly_Goob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2008, 09:11 PM   #3
MillerTimeTJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

i have a tj and i wave to any CJ, YJ, TJ and JK i see. i will also wave to any jeep with mods. i find anyoine with a jeep that has any kind of work done to it will wave. period. there are a lot of soccer moms and stuck up ******bags that buy our beloved vehicle, and if they are rolling on 29's and stock suspension, they arent in it for the culture or the friendship. they dont wave.
a
Unread 07-06-2008, 09:14 PM   #4
Hoobly_Goob
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTimeTJ View Post
i have a tj and i wave to any CJ, YJ, TJ and JK i see. i will also wave to any jeep with mods. i find anyoine with a jeep that has any kind of work done to it will wave. period. there are a lot of soccer moms and stuck up ******bags that buy our beloved vehicle, and if they are rolling on 29's and stock suspension, they arent in it for the culture or the friendship. they dont wave.
a
hey!
I've got 29's and stock suspension!

Utah Jeep Crew
Hoobly_Goob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2008, 09:26 PM   #5
gatesy00tj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

why not just wave to everyone? i wave to every jeep. whether they wave back or not is up to them. the ones that do wave back are true jeepers, the ones that dont, aren't. it's that simple.

Hey, 'bama: us tj ppl arent soo bad, eh?
[CENTER][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][FONT="System"][COLOR="Green"]NGJC Member #73[/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT][/CENTER]

[FONT="Arial Black"][COLOR="Green"]'00 TJ[/COLOR][/FONT] 4.0 BB 32x1150 BFG A/T's stupid 3 spoke wheels soft top

<><
gatesy00tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2008, 10:22 PM   #6
Alabamaranger
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I am just going by what I have seen here in Alabama. I wave at all jeeps small or large but just stating that I get more waves from YJ's owners than TJ's.

I forgot about JK's, I forgot that they were jeeps . I never had anyone to wave from a JK.
Unread 07-06-2008, 10:25 PM   #7
Alabamaranger
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Hey gatesy00tj

We use to have a 98 TJ with a 4 cyl in the family but traded for a YJ with a six. Got tried of pushing it uphill.
Unread 07-06-2008, 10:33 PM   #8
jericho2068
1997 TJ Wrangler 

TJ driver here, and I wave at every CJ,YJ,TJ,and even the JK's(Although I DO get some strange looks from all the soccer moms that drive JK's around my town ). I have noticed that YJ owners wave most of the time,Tj owners wave about 3/4's of the time, and I have had only ONE JK owner return my wave.
Unread 07-06-2008, 10:42 PM   #9
turtlerace
Best taken in small doses

1979 J-Series Truck 

Y'all ever rode in a YJ? Were not waving, one of our hands lost it's grip on the steering wheel.
Unread 07-06-2008, 11:04 PM   #10
Alabamaranger
1990 YJ Wrangler 

turtlerace, you not suppose to tell them that.
Unread 07-06-2008, 11:54 PM   #11
joe's_yj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

haha tj's dont wave to me even i look down on them
The cheapest way to get a significant power increase over a stock 2.5l, would be to pull it out and put in a 5hp briggs & stratton engine.
joe's_yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2008, 07:36 AM   #12
wTheOnew
2008 JK Wrangler 

I get almost every wave returned by CJs and YJs, about half from JKs, and almost none from TJs. I'm starting to think TJs only wave to other TJs.
. .
wTheOnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2008, 09:36 AM   #13
fogertyb
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I wave to all wranglers, big and small....this weekend i saw a lot of true jeepers out in the nice weather....almost all of them waved to me to...i even got a wave from a built samari that was taller than me and im on 35's!

R.I.P Nathan Fogerty
fogertyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2008, 09:48 AM   #14
legend6009
2006 TJ Wrangler 

hey now im a tj owner and i used to have a zj and i would wave to every jeep the only i dont now are the zjs...unless they're built or xjs...again unless they're built. but ive waved to several JK owners and i even get waves back from them...even the females which is a real shock to me.

so dont think that we dont recognize you guys...we do

wranglers are wranglers in my opinion...

EDIT: the only time i dont wave is either if im really tired and dont see ya...or if im playing with my radio...
06-tj-2.4 4 cyl, 6 speed. red, 2.25 bb on 31s, rear aussie locker, hella 500 series on bumper, mile marker pe8000, rock krawler rear bumper w/ hitch, optilux lights mounted on stainless steel windshield light brackets, in cab winch switch

red jeep club member 479
http://www.myspace.com/legend6009
my myspace^
legend6009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2008, 10:05 AM   #15
ZX14Rider
2008 JK Wrangler 

not everyone knows about the wave......
ZX14Rider is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.