The JEEP Wave - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > The JEEP Wave

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!

Unread 07-22-2012, 10:29 PM   #76
joeyk803c
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Just a couple months back I was pulling back onto a main from from McDonalds (which a lot of the workers there, always comment on how they like my Jeep). I had the top off, and the doors off. I was heading home, and saw a JK coming off the freeway exit. I waved to it, and the driver (lady) saw me and had the biggest smile on her face. Then she waved back.

Such a nice feeling, it was.

joeyk803c is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2012, 11:57 AM   #77
lloydsmale
2000 TJ Wrangler 

around here its the yuppys that wave.
my off road toys are a 2000 yellow 4 cyl with a 2 inch lift and 31 bfgs. A 2006 silverado club cab 4x4 with a 310 hp, K&N intake, borla exaust, computer reprogramed by westers, 285/17 bfg mud terrains. A yamaha grizzly, A yamaha raptor and a yamaha warrior, honda big red, 2009 polaris rzr
lloydsmale is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2012, 12:01 PM   #78
Dragonflylady
2011 JK Wrangler 

I love the people that just got their first Jeep and they are SO excited and almost hanging out the window to wave....nope, never was one of those people.
Dragonflylady is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2012, 01:42 PM   #79
bdub1285
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonflylady View Post

Btw, hate to admit this but I was also waving at Hummers before my sweet hubby set me straight on that was not a Jeep I just waved too. Needless to say, car makes are not my thing.
Don't feel bad my gf did the same thing. lol
Unread 07-29-2012, 10:30 AM   #80
nickmonaco
2012 JK Wrangler 

Lol my wife hates jeeps I don't know why

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
[B][/B][I][COLOR="White"][/COLOR][/I]WHITE JEEP CLUB #171

My other Jeep's not a Chrysler.
nickmonaco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2012, 10:47 AM   #81
JimWilliamson
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aftahour View Post
I notice when ur out in smaller cities jeeps wave but in big cities forget abt it!
My experience is that it depends upon how common soft top Jeep's are.

In Illinois, where I visited with the Jeep recently (and had a CJ-5 while there years back), pretty much everyone waves. They aren't too common (see maybe one or two a day).

Here in Colorado, the wave is spotty. I think it's due to the commonality of soft top jeeps. You can see one every mile or two such that "you're waving all the time".
JimWilliamson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2012, 10:51 AM   #82
JimWilliamson
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian-Bear View Post
This morning, while I was coming into work, 2 bikers passed each other, and neither one of them initiated a wave. Without doing any research (waste of time), do you think that motorcyclists have "wave threads" complaining about the lack of waves they recieve?
Why yes, yes they do...

http://www.sport-touring.net/forums/...c,13988.0.html

JimWilliamson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2012, 11:05 AM   #83
Skuncle
2012 JK Wrangler 

Two guys from work noticed my new Unlimited this week (funny when I got a new pickup no one said a thing). One of the guys asked if I had people waving at me everywhere now. I said I did. He said that he had to borrow his sisters Jeep one weekend and couldn't figure out why everyone was waving at him, he thought his sites must have a lot of friends and they recognize her Jeep. He told her about it and asked if the people waving were also in Jeeps, he said that once he thought about that they were in Jeeps. She then told him it was a Jeep thing, just like with guys on motorcycles.
On a side, I've only had my Jeep for two weeks, and it has far exceeded my expectations, hands down my favorite vehicle I've ever owned.
Skuncle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2012, 01:16 PM   #84
nickmonaco
2012 JK Wrangler 

Of course! Every one I know who's bought a jeep absolutely loves it. I rode in my dads when I was a kid and have always driven a jeep my whole life. driving anything else just doesn't feel right.

Unread 07-29-2012, 01:23 PM   #85
8pitcher
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmonaco
Of course! Every one I know who's bought a jeep absolutely loves it. I rode in my dads when I was a kid and have always driven a jeep my whole life. driving anything else just doesn't feel right.

I think I will always have a jeep but then I will have a truck for work
[URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #640[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]

1976ish cj5 304 t18 d20 2.5" lift

some year YJ custom frame HP D60 14 bolt 4 linked front rear FI 350 700r4 NP231c

2009 JK 4 door 2.5" lift 35" tires custom bumpers mile marker 9500# winch
8pitcher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2012, 01:49 PM   #86
nickmonaco
2012 JK Wrangler 

Understandable, sometimes you still need a truck... But compared to driving a corolla or a Saturn or my friends dodges or fords, I still hate driving anything but my jeep.

Unread 07-29-2012, 02:01 PM   #87
8pitcher
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Understandable, sometimes you still need a truck... But compared to driving a corolla or a Saturn or my friends dodges or fords, I still hate driving anything but my jeep.

I love my jeep. So much better than my old Buick I will never have a sedan. But I think I will work I. Construction so I will need a truck.
[URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #640[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]

some year YJ custom frame HP D60 14 bolt 4 linked front rear FI 350 700r4 NP231c

Unread 08-06-2012, 03:05 PM   #88
8pitcher
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

My mom bought a jeep but then had to give it to me because she got her moms car. She says that once she can she will be getting another jeep she misses hers (really mine now )

Unread 08-10-2012, 05:14 PM   #89
fillerup
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronDuke666 View Post
You anti american pos! Do you know thats a tradition started by Military service men that fought and died for our country??? Sell your Jeep to someone who is grateful to be an American citizen.
All right I'll wave at you if you really think it's that big of a deal.

Sorry this took so long, I had to go away for a bit if you know what I mean.
fillerup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.