The JEEP Wave - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > The JEEP Wave

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 07-15-2012, 09:02 AM   #31
NJXJ732

Quote:
Originally Posted by kade
Its not a jeep wave but a Wrangler wave,

all Wranglers should wave but some don't most of the time because they just buy it to use like a car and not as a Jeep
I'm in my 2012 jku and wave all the time
Pssh please I get more waves from XJs then I do from JKs (XJ&TJ owner)

NJXJ732 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2012, 09:07 AM   #32
nickmonaco
2012 JK Wrangler 

Hell yeah I get waves from XJ's a lot too and of course I wave back. I think it's a "jeep" wave not a wrangler wave and that's simply because on the trail I see plenty of Cherokees to and they'd help me out if I was stuck, they sit at home on the toilet for hours and read a quadratec catalog just like I do lol

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
[B][/B][I][COLOR="White"][/COLOR][/I]WHITE JEEP CLUB #171

My other Jeep's not a Chrysler.
nickmonaco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2012, 09:21 AM   #33
NJXJ732

Just finished making my xj doorless this weekend
Unread 07-15-2012, 09:59 AM   #34
Fellstar
2012 JK Wrangler 

The other factor is the fact that the jks are selling more than ever. Many non-enthusiast types are finding the Wrangler as avehicle they want to drive.

These people don't care about or crowd lol.
2012 Rubicon - ACE Eng. Rock Sliders, Rockhard4x4 Full Front Bumper, SmittyBilt XRC8, Level 8 Strike 5 16x8.5's wrapped in 315/75-16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 3" Teraflex coil lift with shock adapters, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier Hinge, Teraflex Exhaust Spacers. 1/2" coil spacer up front, 3/4" coil spacer in the rear.
Fellstar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2012, 11:36 AM   #35
TJEvans
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I've noticed that I get more waves/responses from same modelled Jeepers, than anyone else. If 2 YJs pass and they don't wave to eachother, then one of them must be blind...First things I look at when I see a "Wrangler" on the horizon are the headlights and windshield wipers to see what model it is. If their round, I may or may not get a response. If they are square, I'm assured to get recognition.

That being said, more times than none, a JK will NOT wave, or respond to a wave. It's usually a female driver, with 4 full doors, a hardtop, and no modifications. It's a cool minivan for her, that's it. These people probably do not even look at any of these Jeep forums, have no idea that there is a "community" out there at all, and have no sense of "belonging" to anything. It's a car, simple as that.

I also ride a motorcycle, so I've been used to the "wave" for years. Bikers do it as a sense of respect, concern for safety, and ackowledgement that you are there. BUT, there is also a debate in the biker community, due to the "Harley Mentality." Do "real" bikers wave to crotch rockets? I drive a 1977 Honda Goldwing. The naked kind with no saddlebags, fairings, etc. I get weird looks, because it's a Jap bike that doesn't look like a Jap bike. Most bikers will wave to me simply becuase they realize how dedicated I must be to ride around on a dinosaur. Some look at the bike like it's a playboy playmate when we're stopped at red lights, letting me know that they approve of it's condition after 35 years.
TJEvans is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2012, 06:22 PM   #36
dunst83
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuncle View Post
At the end of the day it doesn't make a difference if you get the wave or not, that's not the reason you buy a Jeep. But it is a cool side effect.
I agree that it's not the reason you buy a Jeep. But. It is one of the few traditions that still exist, and you're right, it is pretty damn cool.
dunst83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2012, 08:08 AM   #37
bdub1285
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJEvans View Post

That being said, more times than none, a JK will NOT wave, or respond to a wave. It's usually a female driver, with 4 full doors, a hardtop, and no modifications. It's a cool minivan for her, that's it. These people probably do not even look at any of these Jeep forums, have no idea that there is a "community" out there at all, and have no sense of "belonging" to anything. It's a car, simple as that.
I notice this a lot around where I live. Although, I did get a wave from a cute chick driving a doorless JK. That was pretty nice.
Unread 07-16-2012, 01:43 PM   #38
YJs4Life
1990 YJ Wrangler 

It's usually the soccer moms who drive a stock 4 door that is spotless and never been off a paved road that don't wave to me, other than that, most other wave.
Unread 07-16-2012, 02:49 PM   #39
psheffern
2008 JK Wrangler 

I was waving so much that I bought one of those plastic hands that rock back and forth when you pull on it...attached to my dash and got a few laughs with it until it broke
to the wave
psheffern is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2012, 07:16 PM   #40
NJXJ732

What makes me the most angry is when I see a lifted jeep of any type and I stop to talk shop and they have no clue as to what went into making there jeep as awesome as it is or how it works
PS work with a guy with a 10000 pound warn winch unused I asked him if it was new and he responds oh that I don't use it I don't know how to
Unread 07-16-2012, 07:59 PM   #41
TJEvans
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJXJ732 View Post
he responds oh that I don't use it I don't know how to
so he probably doesn't know what it's worth, either...offer him $50
TJEvans is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2012, 08:39 PM   #42
NJXJ732

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJEvans

so he probably doesn't know what it's worth, either...offer him $50
I like the way you think
Unread 07-17-2012, 05:07 AM   #43
GrassLakeRon
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YJs4Life View Post
It's usually the soccer moms who drive a stock 4 door that is spotless and never been off a paved road that don't wave to me, other than that, most other wave.
You forgot the 70 year olds that have a JKU as their end of life car. End of life car is like change of life but they have one foot in the grave..... Last weekend it was 5 JKU Saharas with 70+ year old guys in them. I got waves from several soccer moms..... Ok so I know them
GrassLakeRon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2012, 10:02 AM   #44
Canadian-Bear
2011 JK Wrangler 

Over the last couple of weeks, I have initiated some waves. The majority waved back that weren't mesmerized by the 10' of road, in front of them, or who weren't afraid to take one of their white knuckles off of the steering wheel.

This morning, while I was coming into work, 2 bikers passed each other, and neither one of them initiated a wave. Without doing any research (waste of time), do you think that motorcyclists have "wave threads" complaining about the lack of waves they recieve?

/l ,[____],
l----L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)
Canadian-Bear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2012, 10:27 AM   #45
BigMikeOfTO
2011 JK Wrangler 

You can tell if they're a Jeeper or not. I have select wave patterns lol
BigMikeOfTO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.