The JEEP Wave - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > The JEEP Wave

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 07-13-2012, 11:22 AM   #16
ShakaBrahTJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee1997TJ View Post
My wife takes the wave to the extreme she will wave at parked ones now days lol. Best copilot u could ask for

ShakaBrahTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2012, 03:47 PM   #17
paul84043
2012 JK Wrangler 

I usually get waves from other Jeeps that have been modded. If it's stock, it's usually a soccer mom that doesn't care what she's driving.
I feel like a moron when I'm in the camaro and I forget that I'm not driving the jeep and I wave at another Jeep.... duh..
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2012, 04:44 PM   #18
nickmonaco
2012 JK Wrangler 

Added.
[B][/B][I][COLOR="White"][/COLOR][/I]WHITE JEEP CLUB #171

My other Jeep's not a Chrysler.
nickmonaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2012, 04:48 PM   #19
nickmonaco
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul84043 View Post
I usually get waves from other Jeeps that have been modded. If it's stock, it's usually a soccer mom that doesn't care what she's driving.
I feel like a moron when I'm in the camaro and I forget that I'm not driving the jeep and I wave at another Jeep.... duh..
Lol I did that once in my wife's mustang. Jeep waved back
Another time a guy driving a ups truck have me a wave, I returned it and wondered if it was cause he was a jeeper or if it was cause neither of us had doors. But it was the low wave, you know, arm fully out and extended, but not higher than the mirror...

Unread 07-13-2012, 04:56 PM   #20
Heuster
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Added, My wife gets totally excited when people wave at her when she's driving. Took her about 6 months to figure it out. Now she waves at everyone! Great Job making peeps aware of the Wrangler Wave again!!!
Heuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2012, 05:02 PM   #21
nickmonaco
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heuster View Post
Added, My wife gets totally excited when people wave at her when she's driving. Took her about 6 months to figure it out. Now she waves at everyone! Great Job making peeps aware of the Wrangler Wave again!!!

^ you sir, will receive a jeep wave from me in about 11 months when I get back to beautiful calimesa/Yucaipa

Unread 07-14-2012, 03:33 PM   #22
Skuncle
2012 JK Wrangler 

Got my first Wrangler yesterday, driving around, got/gave the wave. It seems that women and older guys (say 60+) don't return the wave.
Skuncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2012, 04:33 PM   #23
JeepWave06
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I started waving to jeeps as soon as I got mine. I wave to all wranglers and other models if they look modded. Around here its easy to see the real jeepers vs the ones who just happen to own one. Oh well.
JeepWave06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2012, 05:14 PM   #24
kade
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuncle View Post
Got my first Wrangler yesterday, driving around, got/gave the wave. It seems that women and older guys (say 60+) don't return the wave.
they can't see you

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/kade-2012-jku-build-1305112/
kade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2012, 07:32 PM   #25
32vld
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGATJ View Post
Don't tell the guys in CJs that.
If it has a soft top, the doors come off, has side curtains, and a rear curtain then it's a Jeep.

It is the only Jeep.

Just as the Jeepsters were not Jeeps they were Jeepsters. Same pickups, Overland Wagons. Same as Cherokees, Wagoners, etc.

Anyway it seems only some of the drivers of the "real" Jeeps wave. The mall crawlers that drive around with the AC on, doors on, windows up, no side curtains because they only go around with a hard top on, almost never wave. To those at the other end doors and side curtains off, tend to almost always wave.

I think most of the mall crawlers think 4H has something to do with that agriculture club. And or to be used when they are on a farm.

Last edited by 32vld; 07-14-2012 at 07:47 PM..
32vld is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2012, 10:22 PM   #26
aftahour
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32vld

I think most of the mall crawlers think 4H has something to do with that agriculture club. And or to be used when they are on a farm.
lol
aftahour is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2012, 06:45 AM   #27
Fellstar
2012 JK Wrangler 

While I wave at every single Wrangler I see, I don't always see them all. Sometimes I miss them... I would gather that this is why most don't wave... Because they aren't looking when you pass.

I was part of the Subaru Impreza community for several years, they never *****ed about the wave, though it was a far more rare occurrence to run into another WRX or STI than to run into another Wrangler which seems to happen every 5 minutes in my area.
2012 Rubicon - ACE Eng. Rock Sliders, Rockhard4x4 Full Front Bumper, SmittyBilt XRC8, Level 8 Strike 5 16x8.5's wrapped in 315/75-16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 3" Teraflex coil lift with shock adapters, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier Hinge, Teraflex Exhaust Spacers. 1/2" coil spacer up front, 3/4" coil spacer in the rear.
Fellstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2012, 07:08 AM   #28
Skuncle
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellstar
While I wave at every single Wrangler I see, I don't always see them all. Sometimes I miss them... I would gather that this is why most don't wave... Because they aren't looking when you pass.

I was part of the Subaru Impreza community for several years, they never *****ed about the wave, though it was a far more rare occurrence to run into another WRX or STI than to run into another Wrangler which seems to happen every 5 minutes in my area.
In my immediate area it averages out to something like every 5th or 6th vehicle is a Jeep of some type. Most are Wranglers or Liberties.
Unread 07-15-2012, 07:37 AM   #29
Fellstar
2012 JK Wrangler 

I want to make it clear, I'm not saying, "omg there are so many now we shouldn't wave!" I'm just saying that I'm not always posing attention to the other lane, but if I actually see you in a Wrangler I'm waving.
2012 Rubicon - ACE Eng. Rock Sliders, Rockhard4x4 Full Front Bumper, SmittyBilt XRC8, Level 8 Strike 5 16x8.5's wrapped in 315/75-16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 3" Teraflex coil lift with shock adapters, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier Hinge, Teraflex Exhaust Spacers. 1/2" coil spacer up front, 3/4" coil spacer in the rear.
Fellstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2012, 07:55 AM   #30
Skuncle
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellstar
I want to make it clear, I'm not saying, "omg there are so many now we shouldn't wave!" I'm just saying that I'm not always posing attention to the other lane, but if I actually see you in a Wrangler I'm waving.
I think that's pretty much the case with everyone. What I have noticed though is that in general (at least based on what I've see so far) is that women and retirees don't wave back. At the end of the day it doesn't make a difference if you get the wave or not, that's not the reason you buy a Jeep. But it is a cool side effect.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.