Jeep Values - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Jeep Values

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation Packages

Unread 10-08-2008, 05:46 PM   #1
sliseno
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep Values

Is it just me , or are jeep values going down? I always heard that jeeps hold there value well,but it seems lately thats not the case.I bought a 99 sahara back in may for $8k,now i see 99's and 2000's just like mine for sale for around 3-4k. I know times are tough but is it really that bad? Is my jeep really not worth what i paid for it? whats your opinions?

sliseno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2008, 06:06 PM   #2
Brown Dog
Vendor
1991 YJ Wrangler 

When gas prices are high values drop on vehicles that don't get great gas mileage

The Jeep Forum Discount is ON!!

Motor Mounts, Motor Mount Lifts (MML), and Engine Brackets for Jeep
100% HANDCRAFTED IN AMERICA

91YJ 2.5
Brown Dog Mounts and Engine Brackets (Serial Number 1)
2" BL
4.5" Superlift SL
AA SYE
35" GoodYear Mud Terrains
Conteract Balancing Beads
Bulldog front bumper
Best Top seats
"Family" roll bar
25 foot 1/2" log chain
No Top, No Doors (Best Top Safari)
Brown Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2008, 06:18 PM   #3
Axl Jack
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Its a buyers market too. The buyer has more control over the price when the economy is slumping because there is less competition from other buyers.
You know you drive a YJ when it is no longer getting older, but slowly becoming brand new part by part.
Axl Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2008, 10:19 PM   #4
Lifesgoodhere

wait wait wait! you say you are seeing Jeeps (wranglers i guessing) going for ~$3500 !!! man thats a steal! Im coming down to Florida! Here, Jeeps (tj) with above 100k are sitting around with for sale signs on them, with the tag saying $8,000 FIRM on them. BUT I see Xjs selling like hot cakes for less than $1500 (with under 150k on their 4.0 liters) im looking for a wrangler....if you see any NEAR/in my state selling for under 5k and have less than 150k miles tell me. Oh and I have began to notice a increase of Jeeps on the Dealers lot.
*The Homestretch ---- Finishing the Hammer. It's on!!
Lifesgoodhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2008, 11:20 PM   #5
Alabamaranger
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I notice here in Alabama, YJ's are selling more than TJ's. I guess everyone wants leaf springs and square headlights.
Unread 07-27-2013, 12:52 PM   #6
kyote911

Help with jeep value!!

I was wondering if someone out there could help me with a value for a Jeep I am thinking of purchasing? I have always wanted a jeep but havent, mainly because i cant afford 2 vehicles and its not practical for the type of work i do. I have an opportunity to get a jeep in exchange for some work i did. Its the jeep in my profile, an 88 jeep Sahara with 143k miles, v6. Everything appears stock, the windshield has a good sized crack, the small cigarette window is gone on one of the doors, soft top is completely disintegrated, and really rough interior from being left out in weather with no top. It hadnt been started for over a year and with some starting fluid i was able to get it going and seems to run just fine. Can anyone please help with an opinion on value??have
kyote911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2013, 12:56 PM   #7
Brown Dog
Vendor
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyote911 View Post
I was wondering if someone out there could help me with a value for a Jeep I am thinking of purchasing? I have always wanted a jeep but havent, mainly because i cant afford 2 vehicles and its not practical for the type of work i do. I have an opportunity to get a jeep in exchange for some work i did. Its the jeep in my profile, an 88 jeep Sahara with 143k miles, v6. Everything appears stock, the windshield has a good sized crack, the small cigarette window is gone on one of the doors, soft top is completely disintegrated, and really rough interior from being left out in weather with no top. It hadnt been started for over a year and with some starting fluid i was able to get it going and seems to run just fine. Can anyone please help with an opinion on value??have
Is this a straight 6, or has it been converted to a V6 of some kind?

The Jeep Forum Discount is ON!!

Motor Mounts, Motor Mount Lifts (MML), and Engine Brackets for Jeep
100% HANDCRAFTED IN AMERICA

91YJ 2.5
Brown Dog Mounts and Engine Brackets (Serial Number 1)
2" BL
4.5" Superlift SL
AA SYE
35" GoodYear Mud Terrains
Conteract Balancing Beads
Bulldog front bumper
Best Top seats
"Family" roll bar
25 foot 1/2" log chain
No Top, No Doors (Best Top Safari)
Brown Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2013, 05:19 PM   #8
joe108
2003 TJ Wrangler 

There may be several jeeps out there for a low price but I bet they are trash.
Most Jeeps that are in good condition will hold their value, even with high gas prices, it just may take a little longer for someone to step up to the plate.
joe108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2013, 05:22 PM   #9
Filthy-Beast
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Probably a straight 6. do you have any pictures? Is the body ok? Did you you drive it? did you try to shift into 4hi and 4lo?

For Sale: 2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks

97 TJ: daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
98 TJ: Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
06 LJ Rubicon: mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
13 JKU Rubicon: Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2013, 05:27 PM   #10
cmashark
2014 JK Wrangler 

Try pricing a nice used TJ Rubicon. All of the ones I see here in NWFL have been north of 15k. It made more scence to buy a new one.
Unread 07-27-2013, 06:01 PM   #11
tydp
1993 YJ Wrangler 

NO price drop in Texas. Good ones are EXPESIVE, beat up and worn out ones are expensive, too.
tydp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2013, 07:29 PM   #12
3X4X4
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Excellent condition, low mileage, clear Carfax, no damage, stock Rubicon TJs are very expensive.

J
2006 TJ Rubicon, Custom 4 inch lift with Currie Arms, TF springs, RS9000 shocks, TF High Steer Kit, TF ST Dual rate anti-rock, TF front track bar, Yellow Box speedo correction, Black Rock 15X10 Streetlock wheels with BFG AT 33X15X12.5 tires, Line-X tub, Bed Rug carpet, Tom Woods shaft, Spidershade, Savvy corner and rocker armor, Exogate.
3X4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.