Jeep in Transformers 3 - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Jeep in Transformers 3

Labor Day Sale!Clayton Off Road - last day of the Labor Day special!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 08-09-2010, 09:22 AM   #76
Niceface
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcooklock View Post
so when do the shirts that say "I'm friends with Roll Bar on JeepForum.com" become available?
I wear a large.

Niceface is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2010, 09:46 AM   #77
CrawlingForward
Rookies Happen.

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Alright. I have to admit I was one of the haters when I started reading this thread. To me, a Jeep is a barebones utilitarian vehicle that belongs closer to stock than excess. The modifications should match the needs. That's just how I feel. So originally, I thought that Jeep was ridiculous waste of money and a disappointing movie representation of what a Jeep should be.

Read a bit further though, and completely changed my mind.

If you read his Jeepspace, that is his car from when he was 15 years old. That alone gives credibility. He put his time in with it as a trail rig, same as the rest of us. If he wants to retire it to a show rig and keep his baby, that's awesome! *Especially* when you see pictures of the CJ Renegade looking fully restored and trail capable right next to that....unique, bohemouth.

It appears to me that the guy is the true definition of a Jeeper. He just happens to have a monster truck as well. But at least that monster truck was spawned from 23 years of Jeep love.

95 YJ, Rio Grande - The Wannabe Sleeper Wheeler
2010 JKU, Islander Edition - The Burly Stock Overlander

- North Shore Jeep Club -
Build/Wheel/Break/Educate/Upgrade/Repeat
CrawlingForward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2010, 11:50 AM   #78
rob78
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Anybody heard from the owner???

Below is information stating that this Jeep WILL NOT be in TF3. That this was a publicity stunt to drum up support for it, but that this rollbar will not be in the movie. see below:

Update - Transformers 3: Rollbar Gets The Axe, Confirmations From The Owner
Posted on 08-05-2010 at 08:59 PM by NIBMRatchet

Transformers Fans can cross-out Rollbar from the list of Autobots of Transformers 3 because Nelson; Administrator of MichaelBay.Com, said…

“I've just received official re-confirmation that the Jeep is not in the movie.”

This piece of story began when Nelson simultaneously commented at his site and at ours with..

"It's actually not Rollbar or a TF to being with. This Jeep has nothing to do with the TF3 production as of this moment.

A dedicated fan decided to try his luck at having his Jeep featured in TF3.
It was a publicity stunt on behalf of the owner in which "reportedly" some set people fell for. It never made it into the set. Have you seen images of it being take off the flatbed and getting prepped? No.

Have you notice that most of not all the videos have been mysteriously removed by the studio?”

cypherXR of 2005 Boards, further backed-up Nelson with “Interesting. I do find it a bit odd after speaking to the owner of the Jeep that after he told me "definitively" that it was going to be in the movie, he now says he can't comment on it at this time. Thanks for the clarification on the matter Nelson.”

All we have to say is… Rollbar, Don’t Transform but Roll-Out (Out of the movie, that is).

UPDATE: Following cypherXR's footsteps, many had contacted the owner of the "Rollbar" Jeep. Confirmations are coming in that it is indeed a Publicity Stunt to get the Jeep in the movie and measure Fan Reaction to it. We are saying a special "Thank You" to all of those who contributed to this article with various information by contacting us. Clearly, Rollbar's latest news is not a Misinformation, It seems.

So, Rollbar may not Transform & Roll-Out (as an Autobot) after all.
rob78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2010, 01:04 PM   #79
Pedal93
2006 LJ Wrangler 

here is where the above information came from:

Update - Transformers 3: Rollbar Gets The Axe, Confirmations From The Owner - Transformers News
Pedal93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2010, 11:08 PM   #80
7urtle
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkaline View Post
Not that I care, but...From what I saw on some tv show, the Transformers movies have a General Motors contract. All the main characters are Chevys, Pontiacs, Hummers, Caddys, GMC, etc... If they were to put a jeep in there, I'm sure it wouldn't get much screen time. And I'm sure it would be a crappy portrayal such as this overly modded show rig.
x2 heck the mustang got to look cool until it got whooped
[URL="[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wanted-xj-875786/#post10031031[/url]"][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wanted-xj-875786/#post10031031[/url][/URL] -[FONT="Arial Black"][B][I][U][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Green"]1UMF[/COLOR][/SIZE][/U][/I][/B][/FONT] a really slow build. bruised and never left the street
[COLOR="SeaGreen"]WTB: rear bumper/tire carrier,31" tires,armor[/COLOR]
7urtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2010, 04:06 PM   #81
ltdanyj
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Autobots, "Rollbar" Out? Fake Autobot Jeep On Transformers 3 Set
"Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945
ltdanyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2010, 05:55 PM   #82
freeskier93
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

It's cool they have a Jeep in the movie, but I think they could better represent Jeeps. There were a LOT cooler show Jeeps at the 4wheel parts offroad show that would have been much better. I think this Jeep is just way over the top, even for a movie. Plus how are they going to realistically film high speed scenes? The thing look like it can only go around a corner at 5 miles an hour!

Hope they have a lot of spare axles/shafts on set....
freeskier93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2010, 09:34 AM   #83
elsapo
2004 LJ Wrangler 

I do not see anything wrong. If it gives him enjoyment and no one is hurt I say all the better.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged." Matthew 7:1
elsapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2010, 11:04 AM   #84
AustinCJer
u mad, bro?

1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsapo View Post
I do not see anything wrong. If it gives him enjoyment and no one is hurt I say all the better.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged." Matthew 7:1
That's a pretty decent crawl ratio, tell Matthew congrats.

Shameless plug: www.davidisabeersnob.com

My CJ7 Build Thread
AustinCJer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2010, 12:54 PM   #85
H3RTCH
Live Free or Die.

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommybuilt View Post
Love it or hate it it draws a crowd and there is more time and effort in one of my wheels then most guys have in there whole rig.
This.

Congratulations Tom. I had the fun experience of getting to see it up close in person. The level of detail and one-off craftsmanship is overwhelming. And yes, those wheels are incredibly bad***.
H3RTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2010, 05:01 PM   #86
aerojeeptj

idk if I would even go see TF3, I heard Megan Fox isn't going to be in it
Unread 09-12-2010, 08:10 PM   #87
jeg57
2002 WJ 

I think its awsome that its going to be in a movie, and that its a yj. the only thing is now we will start seeing alot of other people bying jeeps to do that as well.
jeg57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2010, 09:26 PM   #88
AustinCJer
u mad, bro?

1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeg57 View Post
I think its awsome that its going to be in a movie, and that its a yj. the only thing is now we will start seeing alot of other people bying jeeps to do that as well.
Did you even read the thread? Christ. It's a CJ and it was a rumor, it's not going to be in the movie.

Shameless plug: www.davidisabeersnob.com

My CJ7 Build Thread
AustinCJer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2012, 09:59 AM   #89
predat
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trw View Post
or that's what the rumor says, its that's gay red show YJ...I figure if they used a Jeep at all, it would at least be realistic, not retarded.

Name of Mysterious Transformers 3 Red Jeep Confirmed! Transformers
New Look at Inside of Rollbar in Transformers 3; Additional Promotiomal Shots Transformers
Should have been a rugged YJ,
Unread 09-03-2012, 11:55 AM   #90
brplatz
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Nice 2 year bump

[QUOTE=mrblaine;14089403]That's like saying you wish your boyfriend was a bit less gay.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Blue"]MOΛΩN ΛΑΒΕ[/COLOR]
[URL="http://www.nmoffroad.com"][COLOR="DarkRed"]NMOffroad[/COLOR][/URL]
[URL="http://www.overland-motorsports.com/"][COLOR="Gray"]Overland Motorsports[/COLOR][/URL]
[COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/brplatzs-tj-opv-1240947/#post13888971"]My Build[/URL][/COLOR]
brplatz is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.