Jeep Names - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Jeep Names

Ledlight bar light locks @ oconee off road 706 534 99551 Ton Heavy Duty Steering Upgrade Kit. New and Improved dStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 08-31-2013, 05:43 PM   #76
blackjeep05
2008 JK Wrangler 

Black Widow.

16290605_large.jpg

blackjeep05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2013, 03:55 PM   #77
ryanryan03
2010 JK Wrangler 

La Negra
Unread 09-04-2013, 03:10 PM   #78
wilgeno
Bug-Out!

2013 JK Wrangler 

Bug-Out!

I'm naming mine Bug-Out! Just incase I have to, you know, bug out!

Bug-Out! http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/b...build-1568531/

I don't always go topless, but when I do I go Commando!
wilgeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2013, 03:16 PM   #79
itzfreddie
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep Names and the group i wheel with
Me-2000 tj black Sahara-Jennifer- nicknamed Bordergaurd(Drove through a fence )
Friend 1- 2006 lj black Rubicon- Jessica- Nicknamed Traction king(had street tires when we gave him the name)
Friend 2- 81 green Cj- Nicknamed Tikipole- because it has a 3 inch body lift and is so high for no reason
itzfreddie is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2013, 05:01 PM   #80
JeepNowski
2004 WJ 

I've got 2 WJs, my first one I named "Chip" because all the clear coat on the hood began chipping off shortly after I got to the point where there's almost none left....

My second one, I haven't decided on a name for it yet because I've only had it for about 2 weeks now. I'll figure something out because I pretty much always name my vehicles....

My old '74 Dodge Dart with the 318 was the Blue Bomber (Baby blue with a vinyl top),

I had an old full sized chevy van that the guys at work called the mystery machine on account of it being the same basic color (but without all the MYSTERY MACHINE stickers and such).

I also had at one time a Purple Geo Metro hatchback that I called the Grape until I rear ended someone in it and then I called it The Raisin.

My wife's '99 Town Car is "The White Slut"....Because it's white and everybody gets a ride (We've got 2 kids in school she picks up every day along with their friends usually).

I always called my wife's old Toyota sienna minivan "Old Ironsides" because that thing went through HELL after being sideswiped, driven about 400k miles, and generally being worth every dime we spent on it. THEN we sold it and the guy that bought it got 20 miles down the road and the engine threw a rod THROUGH the block. Lucky us I guess.

Our old '00 Ford Excursion was just "The giant gas guzzling POS", because that's pretty much exactly what it was....We only drove that for about a year and now it sits in our driveway because nobody will buy it.
JeepNowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2013, 05:07 PM   #81
JeepNowski
2004 WJ 

I remembered a couple more today....Not jeeps but still in the 'naming your car' theme.

I had a 2000 Impala I originally named the Silver Streak (Loaded silver LS and it was pretty quick) but after 3 years and a little over 100k miles on it I started calling it "That G-D POS Impala" because it just took a giant dump after the warranty ran out. I wound up getting rid of it when I went to change the oil one day and realized that the pudding textured stuff that was coming out of the oil drain was oil mixed with coolant....Found out later that there was a big issue with the intake manifold leaking coolant into the oil....I got rid of it just in time.

Also, at one time I had a VW Jetta TDI that I called "JetDI"(Jedi). No real reason other than I thought it was cool when I was 18 or 19.

Lastly, I had an old 84 Chevy 3/4 ton pickup that had 300k on it when I got it...Red, 2wd long wheel base, 4 barrel carb on a 350. First rattle out of the box I slapped a set of muds on the back and dualled out the exhaust. I called her "Old Bess". Boy I sure do miss that old truck....

As for my new-to me '04 WJ, right now I'm leaning towards calling it "Dusty" or "The Hottie" because it's black with black leather interior....Seriously, this is my first black vehicle and I can see now why people both love and hate black vehicles....They look so badass, but it's ALWAYS dirty, and it's ALWAYS hot when I get in it after a hard days work....Pretty stupid of me to buy a black WJ with black leather in central TX in the middle of the summer but it was love at first sight. Hopefully the A/C keeps working as good as it does for a long time.
Long story short, there ain't nothing wrong with naming your vehicle.
JeepNowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2014, 08:24 PM   #82
ryanryan03
2010 JK Wrangler 

I called mine "La Negra".

2010 Black 2D Mountain JK
Unread 01-04-2014, 11:24 AM   #83
godzirra
1992 YJ Wrangler 

pat, because shes a lady but when you hit the gas shes got some real balls
showpic.jpg

Unread 01-04-2014, 02:01 PM   #84
ncb

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzirra
pat, because shes a lady but when you hit the gas shes got some real balls
That's hilarious. Those skits on SNL were always funny.
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2014, 08:14 PM   #85
deathtrap
1993 YJ Wrangler 

My Kid named mine "the screaming metal deathtrap" when she was like 9 years old.
deathtrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2014, 08:12 AM   #86
pir8dan

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGerbil View Post
1: It is my understanding that most languages assign gender to most nouns. That means in many languages the term 'car' is feminine or masculine.

2: Throughout the history of sailing men braver, and stronger than myself have referred to their vessels by name and gender.

Given those two examples, perhaps you'll come to see that gender and name assignment to objects is actually the norm and not oddball.
At the very least you could expand your understanding of gender beyond "has balls" and "doesn't have balls".
Very well put.
pir8dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2014, 08:20 AM   #87
jjvw
Hipster Jeep

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I would love to see what a discussion of gender identity would look like on JeepForum.
Unread 01-05-2014, 08:27 AM   #88
rebelbowtie
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by psubully
My wife called my 1997 TJ Murphy's law cause over the 11 years I have had it everything that can go wrong has and once I fixed something another part needs to be repaired, replaced or updated!
My wife calls my XJ the same thing, I dubbed it the Harlem Shake because that trend was popular when I bought it and it also had bad DW when I bought it.
For he's just the U.S. Government's hired man.
rebelbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2014, 06:04 PM   #89
MikeStillman215

I named mine "leo" after king leonidas of sparta. if any of you are familiar with the term "molon labe" or "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE" which means "come and take it." king leonidas said this when persia told the spartan army to hand over their guns. (molon labe is carved into his grave) this is modernly used against governments trying to limit gun uses. im a gun enthusiast so this means a lot to me. Leonidas is also my conformation name, believe it or not (-: .... so yeah King Leonidas was known as a giant badass king so i thought, well, jeeps are the king of the road, so Leo it is!
MikeStillman215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2014, 01:31 PM   #90
fillerup
2004 TJ Wrangler 

If you have to ask what to name YOUR Jeep may I suggest:

"I CAN'T THINK FOR MYSELF"

You can replace the Rubicon sticker on the hood with it.
By the way it came with a name, it's called "The Jeep"
fillerup is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.