Jeep J8 - AKA Storm 3 - plent of pics and off-road test in Israel - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Jeep J8 - AKA Storm 3 - plent of pics and off-road test in Israel

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-25-2009, 06:26 AM   #1
rebel33

Jeep J8 - AKA Storm 3 - plent of pics and off-road test in Israel

I know you guys would like to get your hands on a J8... Well we did - for a few days at least. At Israel's off-road web magazine, Jeepolog.com, we got to try out a pair of production J8's. and we tried them all over the desert.

here's a link to the article

Nimrod
(long time lurker here... I read and learn, and register to post interesting things)

rebel33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2009, 11:17 AM   #2
slow2run
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I sure would like to buy one hear in US, and thank you for posting the picture.
slow2run is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2009, 11:19 AM   #3
peeweeXJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Unread 04-25-2009, 11:28 AM   #4
boardsurfer
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I know it is utilitarian, but the desert tan/black looks awesome. Thanks for the post.
boardsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2009, 03:00 PM   #5
yoda13
Force Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

I like it a lot too....
2007 White Jeep Wrangler X-auto, black freedom top, 15x8 Pro Comp Rock Crawlers, 33x12.5x15 BFG KM2s, Superchips Flashpaq, 2" OME Spring Lift, Bilsteins, Rusty's Adjustable front and rear trac-bar, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Rusty's adjustable lower control arms (front and rear), PolyPerformance adjustable upper control arms (front and rear), OEM Rubicon Rock Rails, Finishlinewest Stonehenge Series rear bumper, Smittybuilt winch, Body Armor Front High Clearance Bumper w/ KC Highlights mounted, Roadmaster towbar, Valley 2" receiver hitch, Skid Row Engine Transmission skid, sPod switching system, KC Highlights windshield mounted lights, Delta replacement non-quadbar xenon headlamps, and Bestop saddlebags-Member of the United Four Wheel Drive Association and Blue Ribbon Coalition, †John 3:16†

RIP Mrs. yoda13... My life is better for having had you in it and you made me a better man...I can't wait to see you again...I love you always and forever, and for all eternity

If you want to help the sport of off-roading, and protect your right to do so, please visit the Envirobeat
forum...

yoda13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2009, 03:19 PM   #6
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

What would be interesting is if JK owners could buy some of the J8 parts (aside from axles) to mod their Jeeps with.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2009, 03:49 PM   #7
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

SICK. But it could use some larger tires.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2009, 04:21 PM   #8
rubibluejay
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'll take the Storm MK2, but make it a 2 door with a sliding rear window.

Thanks for posting the link rebel33.

Jay
rubibluejay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2009, 07:31 PM   #9
RogueSpear2023
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
What would be interesting is if JK owners could buy some of the J8 parts (aside from axles) to mod their Jeeps with.
I agree that grille would be great, maybe they could make a J8 with a HEMI so we could own one here they use the same transmission.

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
4.0L, 42RLE, Dual Tops, Full Doors, JKS Front Disconnects, Cragar Soft 8 Black Wheels, 33x12.5x15 Goodyear Duratracs, .75" Front Coil Spacers, Bushwacker 6" Flat Fender Flares, Skid Row Steering Box Skid, LubeLockers, Rubicon Locker Mod, OBA, Cobra 19 Ultra III CB, 3' Firestik, Rough Country 2.2 Steering Stabilizer, RC 1.25" BL, RC 1" MML, RC Grab Handles, Fog Lamp Bent Pin Mod, 4" Apline S Series Speakers, Kenwood Excelon 6.5" Speakers, 6.5" JL Audio 6W3V3 Subwoofer (in center console) w/MTX Thunder 202 amp, IPF H4 Headlight Housing, Sliverstar H4 bulbs.

TJ Tech Boot Camp
TJ Specs

"Buying a jeep and not taking it off road, is like buying a dragster and never taking it to the track"
RogueSpear2023 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2009, 07:55 AM   #10
N2rock
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow2run View Post
I sure would like to buy one hear in US, and thank you for posting the picture.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueSpear2023 View Post
I agree that grille would be great, maybe they could make a J8 with a HEMI so we could own one here they use the same transmission.
you can buy in the U.S.- even with a hemi if you want. But be prepared to drop some serious cash: http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2009/04...an-buyers.html

His: '07 Unlimited X, Jeep Green, Hardtop, auto, 5.13, 2.5" RC lift and too many mods to list

Hers: '08 X Red Rock, soft top, auto. Bunch of mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlgraham View Post
If you made a snuggy out of a Shamwow, ....would you have to get up off the couch to pee?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepskyy View Post
At this point if Obama tried to move a little to the right, he would trip over Stalin's corpse.
N2rock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2009, 09:07 AM   #11
incredibull
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueSpear2023 View Post

That would be fun but "PUT A V8 IN 'ER" is why the manufacturers still think we want that instead of diesel options.
incredibull is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2009, 08:59 AM   #12
rebel33

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubibluejay View Post
Something like my friends '95 Storm Mk1 (YJL)?

Sorry... they made the Mk2 (TJL) only 4 doors, and the Mk3 (J8) also only 4 door versions, although they may built some of the J8 pickup versions which are the ultimate, in my humble opinion...
Unread 04-29-2009, 08:54 AM   #13
rebel33

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubibluejay View Post
Something like this '95 Mk1 Storm? Great Jeep. a friend of mine runs this jeep for over 10 years. They don't make them like this anymore... the only problem is that it isn't a 4 door - see, most of these jeeps do serve double duty as daily drivers, so with a family a second set of doors is a must. We also Take quite a few multi-day trips into the relatively close desert, so we like the hauling space of the long wheelbase jeeps.

Unread 05-04-2013, 02:01 PM   #14
DeafJeep

Good to see Israel is still running Jeeps around the desert.

DeafJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2013, 02:02 PM   #15
DeafJeep

More history on Jeeps in Israel.

http://www.film.queensu.ca/cj3b/fire/Fire3BWorld.html

http://www.film.queensu.ca/cj3b/World/Israel.html
DeafJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.