Jeep Harbor Freight Trialer - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Jeep Harbor Freight Trialer

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 04-11-2013, 11:14 AM   #16
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Very cool!
I want one...

Cheers

Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2013, 08:51 AM   #17
JKBender
2012 JK Wrangler 

now that summer is in full swing... get to take out the trailer? How has it been working for you? any regrets/modifications so far?
JKBender is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2013, 12:29 PM   #18
mapmike

Summer in Full Swing

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKBender View Post
now that summer is in full swing... get to take out the trailer? How has it been working for you? any regrets/modifications so far?
Great question. Yes, I'm still loving it, however, you always wish things could be better. For me I'm mainly using it to cart kayaks around so I certainly wish the trailer was a little longer, not to mention it makes it easier to back up if it was longer. I redid the wiring for the lights so that they all ground to the jeep not to the trailer, I also added some wood to use as a bumper when I lift up the trailer to set it down. I wish I had designed a mechanism for removing the box from the bed so I could load just the kayaks but... All and all I'm happy. Tires and paint have held up really well, I was worried about the bumping and banging around on the highway but looks like new still. I did throw some sand bags in the front of the trailer to keep the weight forward more so it would wiggle the hitch too much. I will keep you posted after this 4th weekend where I will hopefully be using it a lot!

happy 4th
img_5985.jpg

mapmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 11:10 AM   #19
JKBender
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapmike View Post
Great question. Yes, I'm still loving it, however, you always wish things could be better. For me I'm mainly using it to cart kayaks around so I certainly wish the trailer was a little longer, not to mention it makes it easier to back up if it was longer. I redid the wiring for the lights so that they all ground to the jeep not to the trailer, I also added some wood to use as a bumper when I lift up the trailer to set it down. I wish I had designed a mechanism for removing the box from the bed so I could load just the kayaks but... All and all I'm happy. Tires and paint have held up really well, I was worried about the bumping and banging around on the highway but looks like new still. I did throw some sand bags in the front of the trailer to keep the weight forward more so it would wiggle the hitch too much. I will keep you posted after this 4th weekend where I will hopefully be using it a lot!

happy 4th
Thanks for the update, the photo looks great! Interesting comment on the ground for the lights. I bought the red trailer and my harness has a ground wire for each of the tail lights that connects through the plug to the Jeep. My side markers are grounded to the frame via the mounting screw but I am not concerned if those go out.
JKBender is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.