iPhone Mount - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > iPhone Mount

Spiderwebshade @ JeepHut.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15”/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 12-30-2009, 09:49 PM   #1
Alang800
2002 TJ Wrangler 

iPhone Mount

Searched forum, looks like I am going to order the Bracketron Bezel Mount for my JK so I can mount I phone. I came across a few pics, wondering if there are any more, or if anyone has comments. For some reason quadratec does not have the Iphone doc..only mount

JEE-203-07 - Jeep Wrangler UnLimited mount for iPod, GPS, XM Sirius or Cellular; years (2007)

IPM-202-BL - Bracketron iPod Docking Kit (Black) works with Apple iPhone, iPod Mini, iPod Nano

Alang800 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2010, 07:55 AM   #2
Ajamant
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I can't remember the brand I have... Whatever they were selling in the apple store at the time. Well worth the money. Makes the GPS feature practical, and not to mention if u have the 3GS you can get some sweet in cab videos of your ripping adventures.
Unread 01-11-2010, 07:56 AM   #3
mickmeister
1997 TJ Wrangler 

This is what you need. I bought the same one for my Jeep and it works great!
mickmeister is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2010, 09:27 AM   #4
aaonms

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Here’s another option:
PanaviseOnline.com: panaviseonline -
Have one of these in my DD and really like it.
aaonms is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2010, 12:59 PM   #5
Green_Monster
2007 JK Wrangler 

I have the brackettron thing from QTec, and I love it. Rock solid. Get a good clamp style mount for the bracket. The one I got I ALSO found on QTec. It'll hold the iphone or ipod vertical or sideways. I've had mine 2 years, still works great. Even with very bumpy trails and roads. If I remember, I'll post some pics of mine mounted...
3.5in RE lift (+ 3/4" spacers in front), Bilstein 5100's, 35in Wrangler Duratracs on TIS 535 Wheels, 5.13 Yukon gears with Solid diff Covers, Warn Front Bumper with 7" Warn HID's and a 8500lb winch, OF Fab Swing Away Tire/Gerry Can Carrier, Line-X'd tub
Green_Monster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2010, 02:13 PM   #6
Green_Monster
2007 JK Wrangler 

here's the clamp style holder I got to go on the bracket:

Bracketron PHV-200 - Bracketron PH-Grip-iT Universal Holder - Quadratec
3.5in RE lift (+ 3/4" spacers in front), Bilstein 5100's, 35in Wrangler Duratracs on TIS 535 Wheels, 5.13 Yukon gears with Solid diff Covers, Warn Front Bumper with 7" Warn HID's and a 8500lb winch, OF Fab Swing Away Tire/Gerry Can Carrier, Line-X'd tub
Green_Monster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2010, 03:34 AM   #7
JeeperSC
2008 JK Wrangler 

I believe they sale those at Target if you want to buy one local instead of ordering online and waiting a week.
Unread 10-29-2010, 03:24 AM   #8
inglisleslie
2000 TJ Wrangler 

search slipgrip it is a suction cup mount both 3g and iphone 4 with otter box. Has a camera hole if you want to do some videoing aswell
inglisleslie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2010, 07:39 AM   #9
Faramir66103
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I LOVE my Otterbox!!! I'm glad that someone is making a mount for them. I just wish that the clip that Otterbox includes did a better job of hanging on to the phone in their case. I had to make a custom ABS holder to get my iPhone attached to the arm I got from Ram Mounts. I'm looking at this slipgrip though because it looks way easier than what I made.

Adam
'99 TJ Sport, 4.0 I6, 5 speed manual transmission, Hi Lift w/offroad kit, Viair 450C compressor, Garmin GPS, Skid Row Engine/Transmission, steering box & radiator skid plates, Kilby gas tank plate, AtoZ Fab full length rocker guards, Performance Accessories 1" Body Lift, OME 2.5" HD springs & shocks, JKS trackbars front & rear, BFG AT 33x12.5r15, EBC Yellow pads and Centric rotors
Faramir66103 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2010, 09:32 AM   #10
hughes278
2006 TJ Wrangler 

are you using the otterbox clip right? I have two and it holds perfectly. The phone is not facing out when cliped, it's not supposed to
hughes278 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2010, 02:11 PM   #11
inglisleslie
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faramir66103 View Post
I LOVE my Otterbox!!! I'm glad that someone is making a mount for them. I just wish that the clip that Otterbox includes did a better job of hanging on to the phone in their case. I had to make a custom ABS holder to get my iPhone attached to the arm I got from Ram Mounts. I'm looking at this slipgrip though because it looks way easier than what I made.

Adam
otterbox fixed everything for the iphone 4. It does not get bubbles under the screen, the case has notches so it clips in really tight, and they removed the screen over the ear peace so you can actually hear your calls. This slip grip windshield mount works great their are videos on youtube...not to hard to find
inglisleslie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2010, 02:24 PM   #12
ETCMSSJoe
2010 JK Wrangler 

I just slapped some velcro on the back of my phone, and some on the center stack between the ventilation ports. Fits perfectly. I guess you guys with the facy-schmancy power windows can't do that though.
ETCMSSJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2010, 09:11 AM   #13
Faramir66103
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughes278 View Post
are you using the otterbox clip right? I have two and it holds perfectly. The phone is not facing out when cliped, it's not supposed to
Yep, I was aware the the iPhone should face in, and this make sense from the perspective of maximum protection when it's on a belt. However, I had a couple of issues. I wanted to be able to use the belt clip as a belt clip and then transfer the iPhone to it's dash mount, so I needed a second clip. When it's in the dash mount I wanted it to face outwards so I or my passenger could manipulate the controls, see the screen etc. and in this position, the stock clip just doesn't hold the iPhone well at all. My wife uses hers on her belt all the time, and the stock Otterbox clip just wasn't secure enough. Within the first two days of using it correctly, with the screen facing in, it came loose . . . twice. I made one mount for my dash and a holster for hers out of ABS I got from McMaster Carr and it's worked out ok so far. They aren't all that pretty though. I'll give these SlipGrips a try though and see how they work out. I may make her a molded leather holster next.

Regardless of these minor inconveniences, I still LOVE my Otterboxes (we've got a half dozen or so on various devices) and wouldn't have anything else. I'm just bummed they don't make them for laptops.

Cheers,
Adam
'99 TJ Sport, 4.0 I6, 5 speed manual transmission, Hi Lift w/offroad kit, Viair 450C compressor, Garmin GPS, Skid Row Engine/Transmission, steering box & radiator skid plates, Kilby gas tank plate, AtoZ Fab full length rocker guards, Performance Accessories 1" Body Lift, OME 2.5" HD springs & shocks, JKS trackbars front & rear, BFG AT 33x12.5r15, EBC Yellow pads and Centric rotors
Faramir66103 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2010, 10:44 AM   #14
hughes278
2006 TJ Wrangler 

haha i would buy it in an instant if they made for laptops
hughes278 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.