Intergrated side step options 1993 YJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Intergrated side step options 1993 YJ

Advance Adapters SYE KitsARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 05-13-2013, 02:40 PM   #1
bedwards24676
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Intergrated side step options 1993 YJ

Ok looking for some info, or someone to point me in the right direction. I have the old style oem integrated side steps, and fender flares on my yj. I am looking to upgrade to a 35" tire and new rims , also new flares. I like the steps being integrated into the rockers and would also like to purchase something similar to cover existing holes. Can anyone tell me where to look for or buy. Any manufacturer of something similar. I've seen pics but can't find what I'm looking for. Saw some on a tj tht would be perfect. Here is a pic of what I have now and any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

image-2136408897.jpg  
bedwards24676 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2013, 02:44 PM   #2
BuffaWrangler
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Pretty sure that some of the flares that Quadratec sells are wider over the wheel wells, then taper down to match the side step area in distance that they stick away from the body.
BuffaWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2013, 02:50 PM   #3
Rproject
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Have you thought about going with rock slides and new flares?

The "sideways" build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/r...hread-2164793/
Rproject is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2013, 02:52 PM   #4
BuffaWrangler
1995 YJ Wrangler 

These were the ones I was thinking of: http://www.quadratec.com/products/12510_00_07.htm
BuffaWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2013, 02:55 PM   #5
bedwards24676
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rproject
Have you thought about going with rock slides and new flares?
Not familiar with rock slides. Sorry only had this jeep for 3 months. This is my first build. You should have saw it when I bought it. Ugly! Fill me in on what you are talking about. Thanks
Unread 05-13-2013, 02:56 PM   #6
bedwards24676
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaWrangler
These were the ones I was thinking of: http://www.quadratec.com/products/12510_00_07.htm
Thanks I like those flares but me oem steps have to go. They are trashed after 20 years of use. I'm gonna replace both flares and steps if I can find what I'm looking for.
Unread 05-13-2013, 03:14 PM   #7
Rproject
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Here's a shot of my last YJ with Bushwacker, pocket style, fender flares and rock slides:

This is my current YJ with trimmed OEM flares and rock slides:

That should give you a good idea of what rock slides are. They are body protection as well as have an integrated step/guard.

The "sideways" build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/r...hread-2164793/
Unread 05-13-2013, 03:15 PM   #8
bedwards24676
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Ok I see the rock slides with steps. That might could work. Wonder how hard it's gonna be to match up a set of flares to sliders?
Unread 05-13-2013, 03:30 PM   #9
Rproject
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedwards24676 View Post
Ok I see the rock slides with steps. That might could work. Wonder how hard it's gonna be to match up a set of flares to sliders?
If I had to do the Blue YJ again, I would have done the Bushwackers like I did, but I would have done the A to Z Fabrication sliders like are on the Maroon one. The A to Z's go full length and come bare metal or black powder coat. Trimming the Bushwackers to notch around the slides is not a tough job and really makes for a clean look.

Unread 05-13-2013, 03:48 PM   #10
bedwards24676
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

If I had to do the Blue YJ again, I would have done the Bushwackers like I did, but I would have done the A to Z Fabrication sliders like are on the Maroon one. The A to Z's go full length and come bare metal or black powder coat. Trimming the Bushwackers to notch around the slides is not a tough job and really makes for a clean look.
Thanks man your help is greatly appreciated. I like those A to Z's. if I might ask where did you get them?
Unread 05-13-2013, 03:54 PM   #11
Rproject
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedwards24676 View Post
Thanks man your help is greatly appreciated. I like those A to Z's. if I might ask where did you get them?
These guys: http://www.atozfabrication.com/store/

Great customer service and a really nice product. I debated for three months before I pulled the trigger. Looked at just about every rock slide out there. I'm not much of a "tube style" fan and really like the profile that A-Z created.

Unread 05-13-2013, 04:13 PM   #12
bedwards24676
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

These guys: http://www.atozfabrication.com/store/

Great customer service and a really nice product. I debated for three months before I pulled the trigger. Looked at just about every rock slide out there. I'm not much of a "tube style" fan and really like the profile that A-Z created.
Thanks bud for the help.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.