The Infamous Jeep Wave - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > The Infamous Jeep Wave

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 05-28-2011, 05:26 AM   #76
tombombadil
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drix View Post
So I was ponding randomness today during my spaced out moments. I thought of this thread and figured out a simple solution. Everyone needs to go down to the local Doodge dealers and explain to the sales peoples about the wave and have them just tell the new owners one catchy little phrase as they walk out the doors. "Oh yah, don't forget to wave."
I bought my '00 TJ in '99 from a dealer in another state. I took the blue roads back home and that trip was the initiation. Two or three waves and I got the point.

Unread 05-28-2011, 05:26 AM   #77
Drix
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombombadil

I bought my '00 TJ in '99 from a dealer in another state. I took the blue roads back home and that trip was the initiation. Two or three waves and I got the point.
Some people are not as quick as you.
95' YJ 4" lift 33"x12.5r15's D30/8.8 locked with 4:88's
USMC Jeep Club #6
"Why in hell can't the Army do it if the Marines can. They are the same kind of men; why can't they be like Marines."
Gen. John J. "Black Jack" Pershing, USA; 12 February 1918
Drix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2011, 01:32 PM   #78
blah402
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I moved to Belgium about six months ago and it's pretty rare to see a Jeep around here, but when I do and they wave back it makes my day! Never bothered to wave to JKs... mostly soccer moms driven. Unless they obviously had off-road mods.
White Jeep member #104

Steve Zissou, "This is an adventure"
blah402 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2011, 02:26 PM   #79
tombombadil
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah402 View Post
Never bothered to wave to JKs... mostly soccer moms driven. Unless they obviously had off-road mods.
In my book, for the JKs to begin to earn some respect, the drivers are going to have to get some mud on it not just equip it like Jurassic Park. Where I came from we called people like that "posers" regardless if it was for sports or not.

Here in suburbia DC you'll find unmodded DD TJs on a Monday morning sitting in traffic covered in mud or with a full grown grass beard all underneath it. Even my 5 year old son knows the meaning of Trail Rated.

Oh well. Our family will soon increase by 1 so sadly the DD YJ will be retired. We'll very likely buy a JK Unlimited. I'll make a point to post before and after pictures of the mud-fest baptism.

Happy Memorial Day everybody!
Unread 05-28-2011, 08:12 PM   #80
tj98
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Around here I get about the same amount of waves in my TJ as I do my wifes JK. There were very few jeeps in town when my son got his. Now there are several, a few give you weird looks when you wave but most are ok.

I am sitting in the JK surfing JF while wife shops at Macy's. Just had a TJ park behind me and he got out and waved as he walked in.
14 JK Unlimited - Wife's
tj98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2011, 09:49 PM   #81
tombombadil
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj98 View Post
Around here I get about the same amount of waves in my TJ as I do my wifes JK. There were very few jeeps in town when my son got his. Now there are several, a few give you weird looks when you wave but most are ok.

I am sitting in the JK surfing JF while wife shops at Macy's. Just had a TJ park behind me and he got out and waved as he walked in.
I think alot of it does have to do with the density of the population. The more Wranglers the less waves perhaps...
Unread 06-02-2011, 10:53 PM   #82
MPond
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Here in Southern California it really is random. Sometimes you'll get a wave when least expecting it - from the soccer mom in the bone-stoke JK 4-door, and other times you'll see a heavily modified TJ or YJ, and they'll see you wave and just give you the "deer in the headlights" look.

Although the CJ's around here are all pretty cool, and they all seem to recognize and respond to the wave...
Unread 06-04-2011, 03:22 PM   #83
dwbrown
2014 JK Wrangler 

I was waved at once by a JK...once, I gave them the finger at the same time like I do to all JK owners.

EDIT: I tried waving at JK owners and it just didnt work, usually I was given the finger.
Unread 06-04-2011, 05:08 PM   #84
ncb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwbrown View Post
I was waved at once by a JK...once, I gave them the finger at the same time like I do to all JK owners.
Cool story brah! You are the raddest ****in dude alive.
ncb is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2011, 05:17 PM   #85
blah402
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncb View Post
No need to get tough there guy...
White Jeep member #104

Steve Zissou, "This is an adventure"
blah402 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2011, 05:24 PM   #86
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncb View Post
watch it! two people have already been banned for saying that.

EDIT: and im next on the list and i don't feel like my $40 or however much it was going to waste! so you won't be hearing that from me anymore.

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2011, 06:46 PM   #87
ncb

Just bustin his chops. No need to get crazy. Just a line from a movie.
ncb is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2011, 12:35 AM   #88
Astrum
2000 TJ Wrangler 

The other day I came across some late teenage girls-early 20s girls riding in a JK topless and they gave me the foot, the driver took her foot out of the Jeep it was intentional as it happened before I passed and the girls were looking and laughing. So first time a female in a JK gave me the wave, even if it was modified .
Astrum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2011, 09:42 AM   #89
Krochus
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrum
The other day I came across some late teenage girls-early 20s girls riding in a JK topless and they gave me the foot, the driver took her foot out of the Jeep it was intentional as it happened before I passed and the girls were looking and laughing. So first time a female in a JK gave me the wave, even if it was modified .
Girls riding in a JK topless........

GRAMMAR it's what changes this quote from the most amazing thing EVER to just another lame wave thread post

posted via IPhone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickgnx88 View Post
"Jeep Wave threads, it's a newb thing, you wouldn't understand!"
Krochus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2011, 05:17 AM   #90
glacierpaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwbrown View Post
How about JK owners with more than one Jeep in the family?
It is a Jeep thing apparently you don't understand.

Tags
cj , jk , tj , wave , YJ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.