The Infamous Jeep Wave - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > The Infamous Jeep Wave

Savvy Aluminum BumpersIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 05-27-2011, 09:16 AM   #61
tribalcross
1999 TJ Wrangler 

2WD Jeep = sacreligious travesty. Might as well make an ATM Porsche.

tribalcross is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2011, 09:30 AM   #62
JeepsOLot
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffBowser View Post
Holy cow - which dealer was that?
Maroone did that crap! I've seen several at Maroone's Jeep dealership on 441, just south of the Sawgrass. This was before it was closed when Chysler did their mass dealer shutdown a while back. Can't say that they don't stupid things like that at the other Maroone Jeep dealerships.

Jerry
Unread 05-27-2011, 10:18 AM   #63
hawk3ye
2001 TJ Wrangler 

In my neck of the woods, I don't bother waving at JK Jeeps anymore. On a trail, yes, every JK owner tends to wave...even the ones with the rental car stickers on the window

Not to be a stickler for word choice to the OP but you do know that the word "infamous" is actually better used for something that's got a bad reputation right? Hence...the Jeep wave is a "famous" time honored tradition displaying the camaraderie of Jeep owners proud of their vehicle ownership; however, JK Jeep owners are "infamous" for not waving honoring this tradition and should be burned at the stake.

Bay Area JP Club
hawk3ye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2011, 10:20 AM   #64
Krochus
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribalcross View Post
2WD Jeep = sacreligious travesty. Might as well make an ATM Porsche.

wow welcome to last "middle of the decade" you don't get out much do you?

2wd wranglers have been around in some form or another since 1987 only to be discontinued last year and Porsche makes several AT equipped models including the 911, why I even hear they;re coming out with an SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickgnx88 View Post
"Jeep Wave threads, it's a newb thing, you wouldn't understand!"
Krochus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2011, 01:56 PM   #65
ajf1994
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krochus View Post
wow welcome to last "middle of the decade" you don't get out much do you?

2wd wranglers have been around in some form or another since 1987 only to be discontinued last year and Porsche makes several AT equipped models including the 911, why I even hear they;re coming out with an SUV
For the record, the Porsche Cayenne has been out for a number of years now. You should get with it too!
[URL="http://stu-offroad.com/support.htm"][COLOR="Blue"]I Supported Stu![/COLOR][/URL][/B]
High School Jeepers #361
Parrothead Jeep Club #46
37,xxx Miles[/SIZE]
[QUOTE=XJ-Tim;12621151][SIZE="1"]my welds look like popcorn with sprinkles.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Benjamin Franklin][SIZE="1"]Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
ajf1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2011, 02:09 PM   #66
Krochus
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf1994

For the record, the Porsche Cayenne has been out for a number of years now. You should get with it too!
REALLY Sherlock ya think?

Sarcasm is completely lost on you is if not?

posted via IPhone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickgnx88 View Post
"Jeep Wave threads, it's a newb thing, you wouldn't understand!"
Krochus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2011, 02:09 PM   #67
JeffBowser
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I am not aware of any consumer level 2WD TJs, aside from fleet sales.

Quote:

2wd wranglers have been around in some form or another since 1987 only to be discontinued last year
JeffBowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2011, 03:13 PM   #68
ajf1994
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
REALLY Sherlock ya think?

Sarcasm is completely lost on you is if not?

posted via IPhone.
Oh wow... I never get sarcasm, nor do I use it myself. That just didn't seem like a sarcastic comment to me.

Back on topic, I waved at 2 JKUs today, no response.
[URL="http://stu-offroad.com/support.htm"][COLOR="Blue"]I Supported Stu![/COLOR][/URL][/B]
High School Jeepers #361
Parrothead Jeep Club #46
37,xxx Miles[/SIZE]
[QUOTE=XJ-Tim;12621151][SIZE="1"]my welds look like popcorn with sprinkles.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Benjamin Franklin][SIZE="1"]Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
ajf1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2011, 03:52 PM   #69
Alkaline
1998 TJ Wrangler 

There really, really, really needs to be an open jeep wave sticky! A place where these disgruntled jeepers can go to vent about their low self esteem, due to the fact that someone in a similar vehicle didn't wave to them.

'98 TJ (toy), '91 XJ Briarwood(DD)
Alkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2011, 04:14 PM   #70
tombombadil
1991 YJ Wrangler 

First, I think anyone here who is tired of Wave Threads should simply NOT READ THEM and stop ridiculing people who start them. Geezuz.

Second of all, it's possible that JK drivers aren't waving simply because they bought the JK for it's trendiness and allows them to look like they belong to the club. But in actuality they just bought the image and don't know about the community.

I browsed Craigslist recently looking for TJ's and JK's to assume the DD role of my aged YJ. I was surprised at the number of private JK owners trying to sell. One ad was for a Rubi Unlimited with 33"s, a 4" lift, winch, custom bumpers, and a roof rack with lights. It had 16K miles on it and was in immaculate condition. The guy wanted $41,000. I asked why so much and he replied saying he needed to break even with all the extras on it. I asked why he was selling and he told me he bought it for the looks but didn't realize that Jeeps are bumpy, noisy and get sh!tty gas mileage when modified.

Lately I've simply stopped waving. Over last summer and this past winter I grew weary of the wannabe JK drivers. If I get waved at I'll probably resume. But until then, let the JK's sit in the garages and let their owners drive the Camry, Lexus or BMW instead.
Unread 05-27-2011, 04:58 PM   #71
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombombadil View Post
I browsed Craigslist recently looking for TJ's and JK's to assume the DD role of my aged YJ. I was surprised at the number of private JK owners trying to sell. One ad was for a Rubi Unlimited with 33"s, a 4" lift, winch, custom bumpers, and a roof rack with lights. It had 16K miles on it and was in immaculate condition. The guy wanted $41,000. I asked why so much and he replied saying he needed to break even with all the extras on it. I asked why he was selling and he told me he bought it for the looks but didn't realize that Jeeps are bumpy, noisy and get sh!tty gas mileage when modified.
wow what a ****in idiot! thats just plain ****in common sense right there!

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2011, 05:22 PM   #72
JeepsOLot
1992 YJ Wrangler 

^^^ I've said it again and again, Common Sense isn't common anymore!! I was wondering too, when were there ever any 2WD YJ's and TJ's? I know most of the DJ's were 2WD, but, didn't know if they made YJ's and TJ's 2WD.

Jerry
Unread 05-27-2011, 05:56 PM   #73
reznik572
2011 JK Wrangler 

I don't get why this ever comes up. In 08 I bought my 09 and my first drive home in it I got my first wave from anohter Jeep, and nearly every one I've ever come across. I've since moved on to a '11 and continue to wave. No matter the year or model we always wave.

Must be a Canadian Thing.
reznik572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2011, 07:13 PM   #74
Scoop
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by reznik572 View Post
I don't get why this ever comes up. In 08 I bought my 09 and my first drive home in it I got my first wave from anohter Jeep, and nearly every one I've ever come across. I've since moved on to a '11 and continue to wave. No matter the year or model we always wave.

Must be a Canadian Thing.
I drive a 2010 Sahara JKU and I wave to all Wranglers.

Well, except for 2011 Saharas with body colored hardtops.

Those guys are really snobs.

But in recognition of reznik572 I will begin waving to 2011 Saharas with body colored hardtops with Canadian plates.
Scoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2011, 11:37 PM   #75
Drix
1995 YJ Wrangler 

So I was ponding randomness today during my spaced out moments. I thought of this thread and figured out a simple solution. Everyone needs to go down to the local Doodge dealers and explain to the sales peoples about the wave and have them just tell the new owners one catchy little phrase as they walk out the doors. "Oh yah, don't forget to wave."
95' YJ 4" lift 33"x12.5r15's D30/8.8 locked with 4:88's
USMC Jeep Club #6
"Why in hell can't the Army do it if the Marines can. They are the same kind of men; why can't they be like Marines."
Gen. John J. "Black Jack" Pershing, USA; 12 February 1918
Drix is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cj , jk , tj , wave , YJ

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.