The Infamous Jeep Wave - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > The Infamous Jeep Wave

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 05-26-2011, 02:30 PM   #46
Krochus
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fropleyqk
Oh boy! Another wave thread. It makes me want to punch cute puppies.
Makes me want to run over them with my jeep as I pass and DON'T wave at my fellow wrangler owners.

Thanks for sucking the last shred of fun out of the jeep wave you new to jeeps attention starved Tj owners! and YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

posted via IPhone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickgnx88 View Post
"Jeep Wave threads, it's a newb thing, you wouldn't understand!"
Krochus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2011, 03:19 PM   #47
sparctacus
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribalcross
OK, so 10 years ago, I had a 95 YJ, and nowadays I love my 99 TJ. It's my DD and my weekend mud-toy, and the reason for probably 75% of my swear words.

I've waved and been waved at for years, and I know about it. It's exciting to see another Jeeper with obvious pride in his/her rig out on the road. CJs wave, YJs and TJs wave, even TJ Unlimiteds and X drivers know about it. I've been conducting my own not-so-scientific experiment with the JKs, because they DON'T SEEM TO KNOW ABOUT THE WAVE.

Am I missing something?

PS I know this isn't a "technical" issue, but this is where I post and reply more than anywhere else, and the people in here seem to have more answers than elsewhere.
They'll come around. I drove CJs since before YJs existed. When the YJ came out there was that same problem and for awhile again when the Tj came out.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
sparctacus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2011, 03:28 PM   #48
RX7TT
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparctacus View Post
They'll come around. I drove CJs since before YJs existed. When the YJ came out there was that same problem and for awhile again when the Tj came out.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Yeah, I think the "problem" is that the new Jeep models change, but the people who buy them do not.
RX7TT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2011, 03:30 PM   #49
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krochus View Post
my policy is to never wave at TJ's

that way when the mods FINALLY get sick and tired of all the whining tj'ers and ban ALL "I didn't get a wave" threads that result from my intentional snubs my diabolical plan will be have reached fruition.
Quote:
Makes me want to run over them with my jeep as I pass and DON'T wave at my fellow wrangler owners.

Thanks for sucking the last shred of fun out of the jeep wave you new to jeeps attention starved Tj owners! and YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

posted via IPhone.

Did a TJ once pass you without waving?
Unread 05-26-2011, 03:34 PM   #50
Krochus
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelin98TJ

Did a TJ once pass you without waving?
No they just clog up "general wrangler discussion" with thread after thread that can be summarized as "I didn't get a wave back from XX :sob!)

I mean really how many wave threads do we need on page I?

posted via IPhone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickgnx88 View Post
"Jeep Wave threads, it's a newb thing, you wouldn't understand!"
Krochus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2011, 03:40 PM   #51
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
No they just clog up "general wrangler discussion" with thread after thread that can be summarized as "I didn't get a wave back from XX :sob!)

posted via IPhone.
Its called GD for a reason.
Unread 05-26-2011, 03:41 PM   #52
RX7TT
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

posted via IPhone.
It's shameful, but it usually is a TJ owner.

However, without knowing the production numbers, I'd say about 50% of all Wranger style vehicles I see on the road are TJs. WE HAVE THE NUMBERS. THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE.
RX7TT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2011, 03:41 PM   #53
CrawlingForward
Rookies Happen.

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAC90YJ View Post
It should be put in the manual or something.
I was told that it used to be, actually.

95 YJ, Rio Grande - The Wannabe Sleeper Wheeler
2010 JKU, Islander Edition - The Burly Stock Overlander

- North Shore Jeep Club -
Build/Wheel/Break/Educate/Upgrade/Repeat
CrawlingForward is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2011, 04:07 PM   #54
tavic
2010 JK Wrangler 

Do I need to break out the dead horses again??
tavic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2011, 08:03 PM   #55
Scout734
...is this real life?

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsx View Post
First off

Secondly, the JK bashing, been around for a while, I've gotten used to seeing it, but it's ridiculous... I've driven jeeps for the past 9 years. I loved my TJ and I wheeled the **** out of it, but I just couldn't keep up with the rust and the constant repairs while in school. Made the move to a larger wheel base and stronger factory axles while I saved for D60's. I've been able to spend money on actual mods, not repairs. My JK hasn't seen the dealership or anyone's hands but my own since I drove it off the lot. It sees the beach and / or trails at least twice a week if not more and I plan on heading to Moab next spring.

But I deserve no respect from fellow jeep owners because it's 4 years newer.

Sound logic. Find somewhere else to flex how stuck up and snotty you are...
I have no problem with JK's.. I wave at them too. Heck, if no one bought JK's then Jeep just may as well stop making wranglers and go out of business.... not good for future generations of Jeepers! I respect all Jeeps regardless of when they were born.
Scout734 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2011, 10:13 PM   #56
JEEP_GREEN_4DR
2009 JK Wrangler 

Not a noob to Jeeps.

My Dad started it with a 49 Willys in the 60s, drove a Vette for awhile then when I was a kid picked up a new 82CJ, Mom followed a few years later with a 89ZJ, older brother #1 picked up a 94YJ and older brother #2 picked up an 96XJ and I later inherited the 94YJ at mile mark 152K. No idea how many miles I put on it because the odo & speedo quit turning shortly after I took over the Jeep. Little sister married a guy who drives as TJ, Old man is now running a TJ (Rubicons both). People think my Dad's a Jeep dealer when we all get together at the beach...So, yeah. I wave.

My Dad told me this much about the Jeep wave in my early Jeepin years:
"Ya wave at the Jeep; not the guy driving it"

And the rest is details.
Unread 05-27-2011, 08:00 AM   #57
tribalcross
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I actually started this thread to ask why JKs around me don't wave, wondering if I'd missed something during the seven years I didn't own a Wrangler. Seems as though I've struck a nerve with some of the old war horses in here...but how can you be such a Ba-Humbug S.O.B. when you're driving around with your top down and doors off, wearing mud on your fenders like a trophy? Wave and smile about it, or buy a Toyota.
tribalcross is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2011, 08:34 AM   #58
countryboy56
2011 JK Wrangler 

I drive a JK Unlimited, always keeping the wave up.
countryboy56 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2011, 10:02 AM   #59
JeepsOLot
1992 YJ Wrangler 

At one of our local Jeep dealers, they used to take 2WD JK's, jack them up and put 33's or 35's on them, put a winch and some other "off road" looking things on them, and sell them like that!! I can't count how many times I've seen a nice looking JK, only to find out that there are no axle shafts coming out of the front axle tubes!!!

For the record, I wave at all Jeeps,

Jerry
Unread 05-27-2011, 10:04 AM   #60
JeffBowser
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Holy cow - which dealer was that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepsOLot View Post
At one of our local Jeep dealers, they used to take 2WD JK's, jack them up and put 33's or 35's on them, put a winch and some other "off road" looking things on them, and sell them like that!! I can't count how many times I've seen a nice looking JK, only to find out that there are no axle shafts coming out of the front axle tubes!!!

For the record, I wave at all Jeeps,

Jerry
JeffBowser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
cj , jk , tj , wave , YJ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.