The Infamous Jeep Wave - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > The Infamous Jeep Wave

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 05-26-2011, 07:54 AM   #31
Uncle B
2006 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Yuppies drive JK's.They don't know any better.
It gives them the authority to buy the Jeep Key Fob, Jeep Hat, Jeep Shirt, Jeep Umbrella, Jeep Lawn Chair,...etc.

Yuppies are now moving from Harleys to Jeeps.

B.

Uncle B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2011, 08:01 AM   #32
Benderff

2006 TJ Wrangler 

If you waved at me, and I knew you had started another "technical" Jeep wave thread I would wave back with one finger from each hand.
Unread 05-26-2011, 08:08 AM   #33
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribalcross View Post
...PS I know this isn't a "technical" issue, but this is where I post and reply more than anywhere else, and the people in here seem to have more answers than elsewhere.

The PS disclaimer does not change anything.

There are separate forums for a reason. I'd rather not have to move threads unnecessarily.
Wheelin98TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2011, 08:26 AM   #34
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep Wave Rules
These rules are an attempt to make it easier to facilitate the mandatory wave when coming in contact with another vehicle of the Jeep nature. Though there are several variations of the waving rules, the following were designed as an easy to remember guideline for when to wave and who should wave first.

Rule 1:
If you are a driver or passenger in a Jeep vehicle, and you come in contact with another occupied Jeep vehicle you should wave. If the other Jeep is not occupied, the wave is optional.

Rule 2:
Be the first to wave. Don't wait, just wave.

Rule 3:
Be forgiving. Sometimes the occupants of the Jeep receiving the wave are not paying attention, distracted, or are paying attention to driving. We all know how you can get lost in the euphoria of driving a Jeep and forget about the outside world.

Rule 4:
Wave vigourously. When cruising at 55mph towards a vehicle going 55mph it is sometimes difficult to see the 'over the steering wheel' wave. Get that hand out and make it seen!

Rule 5:
When you are the recipient of a wave, return the wave.

Rule 6:
Sometimes Jeep owners forget they are not in their Jeep and wave by habit. When occupants of non-Jeep vehicles wave, returning the wave is optional, but usually a good idea.
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2011, 08:40 AM   #35
R U STUCK
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelin98TJ View Post

The PS disclaimer does not change anything.

There are separate forums for a reason. I'd rather not have to move threads unnecessarily.
I told them the Rapture would come WHEN another JEEP WAVE thread was started.Wait until October now....You wavers
Unread 05-26-2011, 08:43 AM   #36
Krochus
1991 YJ Wrangler 

my policy is to never wave at TJ's

that way when the mods FINALLY get sick and tired of all the whining tj'ers and ban ALL "I didn't get a wave" threads that result from my intentional snubs my diabolical plan will be have reached fruition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickgnx88 View Post
"Jeep Wave threads, it's a newb thing, you wouldn't understand!"
Krochus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2011, 08:49 AM   #37
LiveAndLearn
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by R U STUCK View Post
I sell a ton of Jeeps. And have been in the biz a long time. But a JEEP is a Jeep. CJ,TJ,JK,YJ,WK,ZJ and all that can wheel. And your WK2. I own one also. But the wave has to stop at some point.
Willing to ship one to Atlanta? My mom wants a white Sahara. And I want her to get one too so I can have her rear axle
LiveAndLearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2011, 08:54 AM   #38
nathanninja
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepzonderling
I moved here(lansdale pa) and did a wave test, not knowing the jeep wave. no one waved for four months. I mean no one. Back were Im from almost every person you waved at would wave back for no reason. It was sad until I got a TJ, now every jeep waves (Except JKs). Its great. I remember first jeep waved at me and I didnt wave because of shock. He then looked at me like he was going to punch me because I didnt wave back. You guys that are tired of a wave thread I get. But please dont let it die, Jk owners are bad enough.
Lansdale?! I'm about 15 minutes from you! Souderton/Harleysville area. Sadly there are so few REAL Jeeps around here if you know what I mean.

As for my theory on the JKers, I think that the Jeep wave is a "Jeeper" thing for the most part. A "Jeeper" would be a person who has, to put it simply, been bitten by the Jeep bug. They have a Jeep because they want a Jeep and it's capabilities, not because they wanted a nice SUV to tote the family around in. So I don't think that it's just something about JKers, I think that the people who treat their Jeep as a car, and not as a JEEP, aren't going to wave, regardless of their model. Now of course this whole theory is thrown off when you enter waving at the driver...instead of to the Jeep if you catch my drift
nathanninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2011, 09:21 AM   #39
tribalcross
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yuppies drive JK's.They don't know any better.
Ridiculously true. I haven't seen a mudded-up JK unless it's on the cover of the Quadratec catalog...to which JK owners don't subscribe.
tribalcross is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2011, 11:15 AM   #40
Fropleyqk
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Oh boy! Another wave thread. It makes me want to punch cute puppies.
Fropleyqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2011, 11:21 AM   #41
j_niko
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Jeep Wave Rules

Rule 6:
Sometimes Jeep owners forget they are not in their Jeep and wave by habit. When occupants of non-Jeep vehicles wave, returning the wave is optional, but usually a good idea.

Guilty
Unread 05-26-2011, 11:22 AM   #42
SaharaGB
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveAndLearn View Post
Willing to ship one to Atlanta? My mom wants a white Sahara. And I want her to get one too so I can have her rear axle
you want you moms rear axle? thats so disturbing!
Unread 05-26-2011, 12:32 PM   #43
JMAC90YJ

1990 YJ Wrangler 

When my wife got her JK Unlimited she was told about the wave.
She waves at everyone in a jeep, and she complains when the youngsters don't wave back at her.
She has never been on the Forum so it was up to us to tell her.
It should be put in the manual or something.
JMAC90YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2011, 12:52 PM   #44
Dsx
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian621 View Post
I don't feel the need to wave to JK'ers for the simple fact they don't deserve it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevilJeeper View Post
if its a JK don't even give it a second glance, even if its modded.
First off

Secondly, the JK bashing, been around for a while, I've gotten used to seeing it, but it's ridiculous... I've driven jeeps for the past 9 years. I loved my TJ and I wheeled the **** out of it, but I just couldn't keep up with the rust and the constant repairs while in school. Made the move to a larger wheel base and stronger factory axles while I saved for D60's. I've been able to spend money on actual mods, not repairs. My JK hasn't seen the dealership or anyone's hands but my own since I drove it off the lot. It sees the beach and / or trails at least twice a week if not more and I plan on heading to Moab next spring.

But I deserve no respect from fellow jeep owners because it's 4 years newer.

Sound logic. Find somewhere else to flex how stuck up and snotty you are...
Dsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2011, 01:11 PM   #45
R U STUCK
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveAndLearn View Post
I can ship one anywhere...for a small fee.

Tags
cj , jk , tj , wave , YJ

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.