The Infamous Jeep Wave - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > The Infamous Jeep Wave

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 05-26-2011, 07:30 AM   #16
dust_webbs
1991 XJ Cherokee 

could they envy you? That why they don't wave because your jeep is more Superior than theirs is

dust_webbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2011, 07:32 AM   #17
Scout734
...is this real life?

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I just got my TJ a couple weeks ago and I always wave. Aside from a few of the JK's, EVERYONE here seems to do the wave... maybe they tend to wave more because I'm a girl??? Whatever the reason, I'll take all those cute guys waving at me any day
Scout734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2011, 07:33 AM   #18
LiveAndLearn
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Anybody wave at libertys or commanders?

LiveAndLearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2011, 07:33 AM   #19
jeepzonderling
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Yes to waving at the jeep, not the driver. Should we flip off smart cars?
jeepzonderling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2011, 07:35 AM   #20
R U STUCK
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveAndLearn View Post
Anybody wave at libertys or commanders?
WHY? Then we would have to wave at a Compass and Patriot. And might as well get the Caliber too. Same thing....
Unread 05-26-2011, 07:37 AM   #21
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout734 View Post
EVERYONE here seems to do the wave... maybe they tend to wave more because I'm a girl??? Whatever the reason, I'll take all those cute guys waving at me any day
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2011, 07:37 AM   #22
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

there are two things that i've created my own jeep wave policy on.

if its a JK don't even give it a second glance, even if its modded.

if the other jeep has chrome wheels, chances are they aren't a jeeper and they are minus points on the jeep scale, thus putting you in seniority regardless of your build progress. therefore said jeeper must wave to you first, if they don't carry on and go about your day.

there are only two jeeps out of MANY in my area that are not inferior to mine, i only administer the wave to not even a handful of jeeps in this area.

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2011, 07:38 AM   #23
RX7TT
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribalcross View Post
I've been conducting my own not-so-scientific experiment with the JKs, because they DON'T SEEM TO KNOW ABOUT THE WAVE.
You might just be really ugly. Around here, I get waves from JKs all the time, especially the ones driven by cougars. They want to ride the TJ.

Hell, I even get waves from WJs, ZJs, and a decent amount of lifted, muddy pickup trucks. Must be something in the water.
RX7TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2011, 07:42 AM   #24
SpoiledRotten
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I wave at the other Jeeps, even JKs. This past weekend, we got behind an OLD Willy's Jeep (with the spare tire mounted on the side of the passenger qtr panel of the tub) The guy and, I suppose his two kids were out for a beautiful day in the sun and in the Jeep. I followed them for a while (about 35 in a 45 since he was probably doing top speed in that thing) but when I finally waved, his family and my family exchanged BIG waves. Was really nice. I don't get the JK owners either. So unsocial.
Christian Jeepers _ Member #2
United Four Wheel Drive Association _ Member
National Rifle Association _ Member
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2011, 07:44 AM   #25
Scout734
...is this real life?

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by R U STUCK View Post
WHY? Then we would have to wave at a Compass and Patriot. And might as well get the Caliber too. Same thing....
Although I don't wave unless it's a wrangler, I respect all Jeeps. They need to sell new Jeeps in order to stay in business so we will always have Jeeps for future generations. Not all the new Jeeps are trailworthy, but not everyone has that in mind when buying an SUV. Chrysler/Jeep must sell jeeps that the masses will buy while still producing a truly trailworthy Wrangler for the few. I have had lots of different Jeeps for different reasons. Along with my TJ I own an '11 GC and an 04 Liberty... and I traded in an '06 Liberty on the GC.
Unread 05-26-2011, 07:46 AM   #26
LiveAndLearn
1997 TJ Wrangler 

They could make TJ's until the world ends.
LiveAndLearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2011, 07:49 AM   #27
R U STUCK
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout734 View Post
Although I don't wave unless it's a wrangler, I respect all Jeeps. They need to sell new Jeeps in order to stay in business so we will always have Jeeps for future generations. Not all the new Jeeps are trailworthy, but not everyone has that in mind when buying an SUV. Chrysler/Jeep must sell jeeps that the masses will buy while still producing a truly trailworthy Wrangler for the few. I have had lots of different Jeeps for different reasons. Along with my TJ I own an '11 GC and an 04 Liberty... and I traded in an '06 Liberty on the GC.
I sell a ton of Jeeps. And have been in the biz a long time. But a JEEP is a Jeep. CJ,TJ,JK,YJ,WK,ZJ and all that can wheel. And your WK2. I own one also. But the wave has to stop at some point.
Unread 05-26-2011, 07:51 AM   #28
jmauld
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone else still wave when you're driving other vehicles? The jeep shares dd duty with a mustang and sometimes I forget I'm driving the stang when I see a wrangler.

I just got back from a trip to st John, usvi. While I was there I did some off-roading with a liberty. I was impressed at how well it did.
jmauld is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2011, 07:51 AM   #29
R U STUCK
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveAndLearn View Post
They could make TJ's until the world ends.
Agree...I have a '05 Rubi on the lot that we are asking more for than a '07 Sahara and our '08 Sports. The TJ's hold value.
Unread 05-26-2011, 07:52 AM   #30
Scout734
...is this real life?

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by R U STUCK View Post
I sell a ton of Jeeps. And have been in the biz a long time. But a JEEP is a Jeep. CJ,TJ,JK,YJ,WK,ZJ and all that can wheel. And your WK2. I own one also. But the wave has to stop at some point.
I completely agree... I am not waving at them either... Just saying I respect all Jeeps and don't hate any of them.

Tags
cj , jk , tj , wave , YJ

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.