The Infamous Jeep Wave - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > The Infamous Jeep Wave

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wWarn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCORRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 05-26-2011, 06:28 AM   #1
tribalcross
1999 TJ Wrangler 

The Infamous Jeep Wave

OK, so 10 years ago, I had a 95 YJ, and nowadays I love my 99 TJ. It's my DD and my weekend mud-toy, and the reason for probably 75% of my swear words.

I've waved and been waved at for years, and I know about it. It's exciting to see another Jeeper with obvious pride in his/her rig out on the road. CJs wave, YJs and TJs wave, even TJ Unlimiteds and X drivers know about it. I've been conducting my own not-so-scientific experiment with the JKs, because they DON'T SEEM TO KNOW ABOUT THE WAVE.

Am I missing something?

PS I know this isn't a "technical" issue, but this is where I post and reply more than anywhere else, and the people in here seem to have more answers than elsewhere.

tribalcross is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2011, 06:30 AM   #2
LiveAndLearn
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I hate jk's. They are their own misbreeded kind of neverwavers.
LiveAndLearn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2011, 06:31 AM   #3
OutermostJeep
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribalcross View Post
JKs, because they DON'T SEEM TO KNOW ABOUT THE WAVE.
I agree. Out here almost all the different versions except the JK wave. There are even several old Willy's running around here, and they will even wave at us "modern" TJ drivers. Not the JKs. Not sure what's up with that?
OutermostJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2011, 06:32 AM   #4
jeepinvader
1995 YJ Wrangler 

another wave thread

in before move to GD
Unread 05-26-2011, 06:33 AM   #5
reesemoe
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep Wrangler + two doors = Family SUV... Soccer Moms don't wave

www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/building-roxy-860189/
reesemoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2011, 06:36 AM   #6
robo3
2002 TJ Wrangler 

some do some dont i also have a 07 jk unlimited and it waves weather the wife or i drive it. some jk owners ar oblivious to the (jeep wave) but some do it, all depends ! my neighbor bought a 09 jk (truck ) she calls it and she said its cool that a lot of people in jeeps wave at her . and i explained it to her.
robo3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2011, 06:42 AM   #7
R U STUCK
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Another WAVE THREAD....They said the RAPTURE will start when another WAVE THREAD was started. Everybody run...
Unread 05-26-2011, 06:53 AM   #8
MAMMOTH
Wooly Member

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by R U STUCK View Post
Another WAVE THREAD....They said the RAPTURE will start when another WAVE THREAD was started. Everybody run...
Agreed - The end is near
2007 JK Unlimited - The wife's ride.
MAMMOTH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2011, 07:03 AM   #9
jeepzonderling
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I moved here(lansdale pa) and did a wave test, not knowing the jeep wave. no one waved for four months. I mean no one. Back were Im from almost every person you waved at would wave back for no reason. It was sad until I got a TJ, now every jeep waves (Except JKs). Its great. I remember first jeep waved at me and I didnt wave because of shock. He then looked at me like he was going to punch me because I didnt wave back. You guys that are tired of a wave thread I get. But please dont let it die, Jk owners are bad enough.
jeepzonderling is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2011, 07:07 AM   #10
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Yuppies drive JK's.They don't know any better.
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2011, 07:10 AM   #11
ajf1994
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Has anyone ever counted how many wave threads there are? I wave at all Wranglers and CJs. Never seen a pre CJ. I also wave at all modified Jeeps (XJs and ZJs usually).
[URL="http://stu-offroad.com/support.htm"][COLOR="Blue"]I Supported Stu![/COLOR][/URL][/B]
High School Jeepers #361
Parrothead Jeep Club #46
37,xxx Miles[/SIZE]
[QUOTE=XJ-Tim;12621151][SIZE="1"]my welds look like popcorn with sprinkles.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Benjamin Franklin][SIZE="1"]Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
ajf1994 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2011, 07:10 AM   #12
brian621
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveAndLearn View Post
I hate jk's. They are their own misbreeded kind of neverwavers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reesemoe View Post
Jeep Wrangler + two doors = Family SUV... Soccer Moms don't wave
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Yuppies drive JK's.They don't know any better.
This is HILARIOUS but seems to hold true. On a side note, I don't feel the need to wave to JK'ers for the simple fact they don't deserve it.
brian621 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2011, 07:11 AM   #13
BillDog103
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Just wave at everybody, they will get it eventually... and if they don't wave back, who cares. I wave at the jeep not the driver anyway.
BillDog103 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2011, 07:18 AM   #14
TheDirtyGeneral

X2 for waving at the Jeep and not the driver. Once JKS start aging a bit and the newer owners start adding parts and breaking things they'll catch on to the wave. But as long as someone else is doing the service on their jeep they'll never know. They probably call it a "car" too
Unread 05-26-2011, 07:27 AM   #15
JeffBowser
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Folks used to say the same (they never wave, they aren't real Jeeps anyway, etc...) about the TJs when they first came out. I suppose all new iterations with the word Jeep on it will suffer this malady in the initial stages of the life-cycle, and wave threads will never disappear for this reason.
JeffBowser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
cj , jk , tj , wave , YJ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.