Indiana jeeps, need info on Sunfire off road. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Indiana jeeps, need info on Sunfire off road.

Steinjager TJ tube doorsJK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!JK Rear Adjustable Control Arms!

Unread 11-28-2010, 08:53 AM   #1
Flaggdog
1979 CJ7 

Indiana jeeps, need info on Sunfire off road.

I notice alot of members from Indiana. Has anyone dealt with Sunfire off road in Sunman Ind? My freinds swear by this guy, but that's the only place I've heard of his shop. I am planning on dropping some cash this summer, and I'd like to hear if anyone else has dealt with Sunfire. Thank you.

Flaggdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2010, 12:12 PM   #2
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Lots of guys in our club (IndyORV) have used them for various things. Gears, cages, lockers, it's all been pretty well received. One of the 3 or 4 guys that has went there *****ed about everything they did, but I don't know. From what I've seen, they do good work... They are just really pricey.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2010, 01:59 PM   #3
mitchrb1
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I got my gears done by Sunman this past summer. I could not be happier. I thought their pricing was competitive.
mitchrb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2010, 02:31 PM   #4
wdw
2010 JK Wrangler 

I have been to their shop, and talked to Scott about an engine swap.

I think you will be happy with their work.

Unread 11-28-2010, 03:58 PM   #5
grogie
Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Scott Morris does awesome work and I'd also recommend him. He's worked on my TJ, made a lot of positive recommendations for what I wanted, and I think his labor was fair for having someone do the job right. I'll next have him do my gears and differential work.

Here is his personal buggy that he's built. He originally ran this in the 2008 Top Truck Challenge, then rebuilt it for the last King of Hammers but rolled it the day before the race. I believe he's planning to enter it again next year? I took these pictures at the last Indy 4x4 Jamboree. Scott knows what he's doing and it's great to support a small shop like his over some place like 4WP.

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2010, 04:43 PM   #6
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Scott Morris and the crew are awesome guys. The only thing I've gone to them for were gears and I thought the price was extremely reasonable. If I remember right, I spent $1k out the door with 4.88's installed in two axles, labor, and he installed some new ball joints I supplied for me. That seems more than competitive.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2010, 05:39 PM   #7
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

For gears, there's a dude in Columbus that can't be beat. Tim Collings Differential did both my axles for super cheap. I paid way less than 1000 bucks and haven't had an issue yet. For gears, that's my guy. Period. I'd let sunfire build me a cage or something if I weren't going to do it myself.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2010, 09:18 AM   #8
Flaggdog
1979 CJ7 

Thank you everyone for your info. I don't know about anyone else, but I've been drooling over that buggy! That thing is sweet!
Flaggdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2012, 06:53 AM   #9
rockjock41
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I bought my 4" rv 2.0 lift kit from Sunfire great price $450 to my door. From what I have heard around IFWDA Scott built his buggie to compete in King of the Hammers. Just wish I could get some decals to sport for giving me such a great deal.
rockjock41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.