Is it impossible to get good customer service experience anymore? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Is it impossible to get good customer service experience anymore?

New Product Release: Flowmaster Force II Dual Tailpipe AxlNew Product Release: Flowmaster Force II Dual Tailpipe AxlUSA Made JK Rear Axles!!! Revolution Gear and Axle

Unread 05-17-2013, 01:56 PM   #16
JeeperSC
2008 JK Wrangler 

I think so, maybe it's the poor economy.

My mother purchased 4 prepaid oil changes for me as a gift. She paid a slightly lower price for 4 in advance as opposed to paying a little more for each oil change.
I have a work car I drive most of the time and my jeep rarely get driven, which is why I can take so much time between oil changes. I go off the miles not the months.....

Two days ago I take it in to the Galeana Chrysler dealer to use my third oil change. When I went to pay they tried to charge me, I told them about the prepaid deal I purchased. They said the deal expired 4 months ago.
I asked if they could make an exception since I am a loyal customer. I always took it to them for service it needed and planned to always give then future business. I spoke to 3 different employees, basically explained what I just said here.
They offered to call the 1800 Chrysler number for me but warned me I could on hold waiting to speak with a physical person all day. I asked if their was any other way to work this out. Their was a big sign on the wall behind the lady saying 'if your not 100% satisfied, call our general manager Scott Rhodes... I pointed to the sign an asked if Mr. Rhodes could help me.... She said kind of rudely to the other cashier, 'I'm going to get the manager any thing to make the customer happy'.
She doesn't come back with Scott Rhodes, but with a female identified herself as a manager. She heard me out, said I'm sorry nothing we can do, handed me the 1800 number and walked off....
I called the number and whoever I talked to refused to make an exception letting me use the remaining oil changes I had. Then actually tried to get me to purchase another 4 prepaid oil changes. I said I don't expect favors but as a loyal customer I expect some flexibility. From now on ill take my jeep to another place for all future business. The only reason I will take my jeep back to Galeana Chrysler is for recall work; that I of course don't have to pay for.

I understand the contract expired and I should have read it (if it was printed anywhere) but I feel they should have made an exception. Instead they lost all my future business over two oil changes...

Unread 05-17-2013, 02:01 PM   #17
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeperSC View Post
I think so, maybe it's the poor economy.

My mother purchased 4 prepaid oil changes for me as a gift. She paid a slightly lower price for 4 in advance as opposed to paying a little more for each oil change.
I have a work car I drive most of the time and my jeep rarely get driven, which is why I can take so much time between oil changes. I go off the miles not the months.....

Two days ago I take it in to the Galeana Chrysler dealer to use my third oil change. When I went to pay they tried to charge me, I told them about the prepaid deal I purchased. They said the deal expired 4 months ago.
I asked if they could make an exception since I am a loyal customer. I always took it to them for service it needed and planned to always give then future business. I spoke to 3 different employees, basically explained what I just said here.
They offered to call the 1800 Chrysler number for me but warned me I could on hold waiting to speak with a physical person all day. I asked if their was any other way to work this out. Their was a big sign on the wall behind the lady saying 'if your not 100% satisfied, call our general manager Scott Rhodes... I pointed to the sign an asked if Mr. Rhodes could help me.... She said kind of rudely to the other cashier, 'I'm going to get the manager any thing to make the customer happy'.
She doesn't come back with Scott Rhodes, but with a female identified herself as a manager. She heard me out, said I'm sorry nothing we can do, handed me the 1800 number and walked off....
I called the number and whoever I talked to refused to make an exception letting me use the remaining oil changes I had. Then actually tried to get me to purchase another 4 prepaid oil changes. I said I don't expect favors but as a loyal customer I expect some flexibility. From now on ill take my jeep to another place for all future business. The only reason I will take my jeep back to Galeana Chrysler is for recall work; that I of course don't have to pay for.

I understand the contract expired and I should have read it (if it was printed anywhere) but I feel they should have made an exception. Instead they lost all my future business over two oil changes...
You let it expire. They don't owe you anything and you shouldn't keep pursuing it if they tell you you can't use it. I see nothing wrong with what they did. Next time, use your oil changes when they're good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 02:34 PM   #18
JeeperSC
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573
You let it expire. They don't owe you anything and you shouldn't keep pursuing it if they tell you you can't use it. I see nothing wrong with what they did. Next time, use your oil changes when they're good.
I said I let it expire and it's my fault. However, I believe exceptions should be made in certain cases.
I'm not a businessman and never worked retail, sales, or anything like that. but I would think a happy customer will keep coming back and unhappy ones won't. A line does have to be drawn in contracts, but over two inexpensive oil changes thats already paid for isn't the line in my opinion. Especially when it means future business. Like the 5 new tires I will soon need that will cost well over $1,000 not including mounting.

Id rather support small locally owned businesses then large corporations anyway.
Unread 05-17-2013, 03:18 PM   #19
Adam013085

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeperSC View Post
I said I let it expire and it's my fault. However, I believe exceptions should be made in certain cases.
I'm not a businessman and never worked retail, sales, or anything like that. but I would think a happy customer will keep coming back and unhappy ones won't. A line does have to be drawn in contracts, but over two inexpensive oil changes thats already paid for isn't the line in my opinion. Especially when it means future business. Like the 5 new tires I will soon need that will cost well over $1,000 not including mounting.

Id rather support small locally owned businesses then large corporations anyway.
When something expires it expires. It is cut and dry. They do not owe you anything as it has already been stated. If they let everyone use the "loyal customer can you make an exception" rant they would be giving every customer free stuff. I hate dealerships as much as the next person but this time they did not do anything wrong.
Adam013085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 03:47 PM   #20
cyberpyrot
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam013085 View Post
When something expires it expires. It is cut and dry. They do not owe you anything as it has already been stated. If they let everyone use the "loyal customer can you make an exception" rant they would be giving every customer free stuff. I hate dealerships as much as the next person but this time they did not do anything wrong.
Wait does not anyone see an issue here? To my understanding he paid cash for an item cash has no experation date. How can a business put a experation date on services paid for? Is this not stealing. This seem very shady to me. They sent me a deal like that in the mail I'm glad I did not bite. I have had my jeep for a year and it only has 7k on it. Jeep is 100% wrong here and unless you where made aware of the fact that the gift cards had no value after a set period of time then they need to honor it. This is like that gift card scam in the 90's where the would depreciate over time if not used the first week of purchase.

Thought of the day
Trust people who like big butts they cannot lie...
cyberpyrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 06:26 PM   #21
Cooneys08JK

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpyrot

Wait does not anyone see an issue here? To my understanding he paid cash for an item cash has no experation date. How can a business put a experation date on services paid for? Is this not stealing. This seem very shady to me. They sent me a deal like that in the mail I'm glad I did not bite. I have had my jeep for a year and it only has 7k on it. Jeep is 100% wrong here and unless you where made aware of the fact that the gift cards had no value after a set period of time then they need to honor it. This is like that gift card scam in the 90's where the would depreciate over time if not used the first week of purchase.
Thank you! I am with you 100%. If the oil changes were paid for even at a discounted rate they should be valid for as long as the business stands. That's how we handle it at the business I work at, and I believe it's a win win for both parties.

'99 Chilli Pepper XJ- Wheeler- BFG ATs, 2 " BB + bolt on stuff
Cooneys08JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2013, 04:55 PM   #22
tjwaterloo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

It seems bizarre that a pre-paid 4-pack of oil changes would "expire" in any sane amount of time. Unless your mother bought them over 5 years ago or something, then their 4-pack seems a rip off.

To the OP, I hear you and understand where you're coming from. It isn't crazy to expect customer service to a) answer the phone during open hours and b) know basic info or at least find it out for a customer.
tjwaterloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2013, 05:11 PM   #23
JeeperSC
2008 JK Wrangler 

Don't mean to hijack this post, but I have an update in ref to my oil changes.
I posted what happened on the dealerships Facebook page.
Today the General Manager called and left me a message. He said the employees I dealt with never should have had me call Chrysler, that the employees are suppose to do that.
And that he doesn't want to lose my business and will call me back Monday with a 'solution'.
Unread 05-21-2013, 01:29 AM   #24
tankinyj
2012 JK Wrangler 

Ordered my lift from Northridge 4x4. No complaints, helped me with everything and even gave me some of the more pricier stuff for the lower product price. 10/10 would deal with them again. I piece my lift together with OME springs and shocks, JKS adj track bar, and the Teraflex track bar bracket for the rear. They talked me into getting those stupid AEV control arm drop bracket (this was my only disappointment when I realized I was an idiot for buying them when I wouldnt need them), sent em back for some store credit. Will be ordering the OME steering stabilizer kit from them very soon.

BTW My order was placed online, but I placed a phone call and got on the line with a service rep. Helped me with everything I had a question for. Like I said, 10/10 would deal with them again
Orange Crush Jeep Club Member #55
tankinyj is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.