Is it impossible to get good customer service experience anymore? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Is it impossible to get good customer service experience anymore?

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFAlloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 05-13-2013, 07:44 AM   #1
scorpionkill
2008 JK Wrangler 

Is it impossible to get good customer service experience anymore?

I am in the process of installing a lift in my 2008 JK. After shopping around for prics..etc I determined that I was going to order my tires and wheels from 4wheelparts.com. I placed an order on the web site and everything went smoothly. A few days later I receive a call from a customer service rep telling me my wheels are not in sock and it would be 4-6 weeks for them to come from the manufacturer. I had ordered 16X8 Procomp steel wheels in flat black. Unfortunatly I dont have the luckury of waiting that long so I switch to gloss black in order to get them quicker, although only two were in stock and another two had to be shipped in from elsewhere. At this point Im dissapointed but I dont hold them at fault (although it would be nice if they had a system that showed items being out of stock like some places do) before you place an order). While waiting for the wheels to make it to their location where they will be mounted and balanced and then shipped I went looking for a lift kit. I decide on the Teraflex 2.5 " coil lift. I went to 4wheelparts.com and added the lift to my cart and then went searching the site for an AEV procal which I could not find on their site for the life of me. So I swing over to Quadratec.com. There I find both lift and procal and place the order. Later that day went back to 4wheelparts.com to poke around and noticed that their lift offers free shipping and Quadratec was charging me almost $100. I called Quadratec to cancell the order before it shipped. The customer service rep that answered the phone would have been fired if I was his boss. The jabroni answered the call as if he was so bothered to answer the phone and was basically mumbling. He honestly sounded like he was recovering from a massive bender. I tell him I want to cancel my order and I go back and forth with him over the shipping difference and he finally cancels the order. I go back to 4wheelparts.com, place my order for the lift and figure I will order the procal later. This morning I go to check the status of the lift order (the tire/wheel order I placed 5 days earlier still has yet to ship) and the website has the description of my lift as HD Budget Boost even though the part # is the same as the Coil lift kit. I noticed the order has yet to ship so I wanted to call to make sure I receive the correct part. Call the number on the website at 9:06 EST on Monday morning and get a message that Customer Service is closed and to call back another day. The website says that the number is available M-F 8:00-9:00 PM EST. So I try again, 8 different times between 9:06 and 9:30. Finally I choose a different routing number in the system trying like hell to speak to a person. Finally get someone who answers and I start saying that I was trying to reach customer service and that....I am cut off in mid sentance and I hear my call get transferred. I listen to several recorded messages and someone in customer service answers. I tell her about the main line saying that they were closed and she just laughs. I describe to her my concern with making sure I am getting the right part and she says, yes you are getting the Teraflex suspension system and sometimes when the order hits our computers the description is shorter..blah blah. I explain to her I understand that but their is a 2.5" Budget Boost that is a completly different product and I just wanted to be sure and that the busget boost could also be called as she said a suspension system. She responds, yes you are getting the suspension system. I ask, the one that contains the coil springs? and she says yes but she sounded so unsure of her anser and as if she just wanted me to go away.

I have no idea what is going to arrive at my house. I was charged for the coil lift kit and I am going to be pissed if the Budget boost shows up. Ordering local doesn't seem to help me as last year I stopped into the local Tire Warehouse to order a set of 33" BFG Mud terrains. Went over the tire with the guy at least 5 times during the conversation. They had to be ordered and he would call me when they came in. a few days later I get the call and drive the hour to the store. They take in my Jeep and after waiting a bit they tell me it was all done. I look out in the lot and it had All terrains on it and not mud terrains. I wanted to flip out. I needed a sticker on the Jeep the next day and couldn't have the other tires put back on because they would have failed. I had no choice but to live with what I didn't want..

sorry for the rant, i would just do anything to for once have a great customer service experience when making a large $$$ purchase for my Jeeps.

Unread 05-13-2013, 08:38 AM   #2
cyberpyrot
2012 JK Wrangler 

WOW all you had to do was message quadratec here on the forum and he would have given you free shipping.

ALSO ALWAYS CONTACT YOUR FORUM REP BEFORE BUYING IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS THATS WHAT THERE HERE FOR AND THEY CAN GET YOU A DISCOUNT IN MOST CASES..

Thought of the day
Trust people who like big butts they cannot lie...
cyberpyrot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2013, 08:44 AM   #3
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpyrot
WOW all you had to do was message quadratec here on the forum and he would have given you free shipping.

ALSO ALWAYS CONTACT YOUR FORUM REP BEFORE BUYING IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS THATS WHAT THERE HERE FOR AND THEY CAN GET YOU A DISCOUNT IN MOST CASES..
This.

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2013, 09:04 AM   #4
scorpionkill
2008 JK Wrangler 

Glad to know now
Unread 05-13-2013, 11:09 PM   #5
TSEJEEPERS
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Just me but I always call and talk to someone.
Unless it is a small part.
I would have looked at the tires before they installed them.
Unread 05-14-2013, 12:24 PM   #6
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpyrot View Post

Yup.
I've saved hundreds going through board vendors. And the service has been great every time.

And board members get free shipping from q-tech....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSEJEEPERS View Post
Just me but I always call and talk to someone.
Unless it is a small part.
I would have looked at the tires before they installed them.
I've called in all my quadratec orders. I always ask if there's any promos or discounts they can offer on whatever it is I'm ordering. They also price match. Haven't had a bad experience with them.

I don't trust people working on my jeep. When I had my tires installed I hung out right in the shop and watched the tech work the entire time. Made sure everything was right.

I'm confused why you didn't take the 15 seconds to walk into the shop and look at the tires before they put them on?

Cheers
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2013, 12:40 PM   #7
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

I know when i changed out the stockers for MYRk's and rims. If they would have used another type of tire they would be romeving said tires that same day. No way would just live with it. nor would I have paid them.

But fact is I been using the same place now for over 12 years. They know me and our family by name. They go out of there way to make sure we are happy and have been, or I would use another shop. Poeple make mistakes it happens. it's how they fix the mistake that counts.
Unread 05-17-2013, 10:16 AM   #8
DBLJ
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpionkill

sorry for the rant, i would just do anything to for once have a great customer service experience when making a large $$$ purchase for my Jeeps.
All I got out of this was that you are a push over when it comes to buying tires. The store makes about a $1000 mistake and you live with it?
Unread 05-17-2013, 10:23 AM   #9
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpionkill View Post
A few days later I receive a call from a customer service rep telling me my wheels are not in sock
Probably shouldn't try to put wheels in socks.

P.S., do you know how friggin long it took me to delete the rest of your novel from an iphone? Makes it really hard to pick on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2013, 10:37 AM   #10
cyberpyrot
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post
Probably shouldn't try to put wheels in socks.

P.S., do you know how friggin long it took me to delete the rest of your novel from an iphone? Makes it really hard to pick on you.
Man that's dedicated wait to go for the long haul for a pun. you really socked it to him

Thought of the day
Trust people who like big butts they cannot lie...
cyberpyrot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2013, 10:39 AM   #11
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpyrot View Post
Man that's dedicated wait to go for the long haul for a pun. you really socked it to him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2013, 12:03 PM   #12
scorpionkill
2008 JK Wrangler 

lol, OK. Flame away on me. I choose to take the AT tires because my sticker was expiring the next day and my tires wouldn't have passed. It was my only car at the time and I didn't want to wait the extra time it was going to take for them to get the correct ones in and get stopped for driving on an expired sticker. In addition winter was on the way and I figured I would have better winter performance from the all terrain. I was pretty pissed and got a decent discount. I ended up selling the Jeep a few month afterward so all was well in the end.
Unread 05-17-2013, 12:07 PM   #13
scorpionkill
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
I'm confused why you didn't take the 15 seconds to walk into the shop and look at the tires before they put them on?

Cheers
I guess I was just trusting and have learned not to be. I wont make the same mistake now.
Unread 05-17-2013, 12:08 PM   #14
scorpionkill
2008 JK Wrangler 

Just read my post. I must have been having a bad day that day. Im an ***. Sorry to waste all your time.
Unread 05-17-2013, 12:44 PM   #15
Cooneys08JK
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpionkill View Post
Just read my post. I must have been having a bad day that day. Im an ***. Sorry to waste all your time.
I read it, I felt your pain...No apologies necessary! I have been a member here since '07 and I found out about the free Quadratec shipping last year. It's not as wide spread common knowledge as some think!

Hopefully it all works out.

'99 Chilli Pepper XJ- Wheeler- BFG ATs, 2 " BB + bolt on stuff
Cooneys08JK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.