I'm so close... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > I'm so close...

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueBlack Friday SALE! Up to 20% off at Diode Dynamics!Metalcloak's Black Friday & Small Business Saturday Sa

Unread 03-04-2014, 04:29 PM   #1
Jeep25
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I'm so close...

Hi All.

Haven't been here for over 4 years since the 99YJ was sold.

Currently driving a 2012 Cruze and enjoy the drive with zero problems, but the Jeep still has a special place in my heart.

About 1 month ago I just started looking to see what was out there. Last night a found online a 2005 TJ Sport with the exact color combo (red out/grey in and black hardtop and a 6m and 98,000 miles

Whoa!! I said to myself. The TJ looked good from the pics. So what that it was a good 2 hour drive. So I headed up there early this afternoon. The TJ of course looked better in the pics, but it wasn't in bad shape. Didn't have much time to look at it and give it a good shake down.

I did see one small rust spot that was pealing on the undercarriage back towards the drivers seat. But then again the TJ is close to 10 years old. The paint was in very good condition also. The hardtop had a few scratches and IMO the dealer just could have used matt black paint to cover it up.

I told the dealer that if the Mrs. gives the ok I'll be back saturday.

In the meantime one of my big concerns is going back to 18mpg and since I'm getting 38 with the Cruze. It's in my mind. But I know "we" don't buy TJ's for the gas mileage.

The Mrs. of course is now saying that I know exactly what I have with the Cruze and the TJ is unknown (damn it, she's right).

In my head I'm saying let it go, but my heart says...ya baby go for it.

Just so you know the Cruze is my commuting car and the TJ would replace it. I also have a 73 Mustang Mach I Tribute vert as my toy. When I did buy that a year ago I ended up putting about 8 grand into her for maintenance and looks (and back to the wife saying you know what you have).

Here's the link to the TJ. Maybe if not me, someone else...

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...gIndex=7&Log=0

For what it's worth it's a 3 owner TJ and the carfax was clean.

How about some thoughts, pro and con?

Jeep25 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2014, 07:10 AM   #2
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

18mpg if you're lucky...

It looks pretty good. I think if you could get it for under $12k out the door you did good.

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2014, 09:08 AM   #3
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

With my setup 17-20mpg is pretty consistent at 60mph....sans a huge headwind.

70mph is 14-17/18mpg depending on wind.

I'm running undergeared with 31s & 3.73s & ax15 (5 speed)

Sent by a messenger bird
jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.