The "I'm an IDIOT" thread... - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > The "I'm an IDIOT" thread...

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChIron Cross Customer JK and TJ Wrangler Bumpers now at ROCK

Unread 06-23-2010, 12:59 AM   #91
tkahike
1988 YJ Wrangler 

double tap

Last edited by tkahike; 06-23-2010 at 10:41 PM..
tkahike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2010, 03:46 PM   #92
Montanagirl
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Weather is finally nice in NW Montana--I go take the hard top off using my power hoist (I've never had trouble before) . . . get 6 hex bolts removed, rear windshield wiper/washer dissconnected, driver's side front clip . . .Phone rings (I get distracted). . . . I start the power hoist and the top is not moving . . . DOH! forgot to unclip passenger side front clip . . . S***! Fortunately no damage to top, power hoist or garage ceiling. . . but upon closer inspection the rear piece of the bracket that holds the rear "J" hook is bent! This could have been a dissaster and pretty spendy . . .
Montanagirl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2010, 07:40 PM   #93
pasinbuy
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I have another one, it was not me but told to me by a freind.

When he was younger he did a few drugs, one day he was using downers and driving down the road happy as can be.. As he was driving down the road a cop came up and tapped on his driver window.. my friend looked at the cop and floored it. All that time he was stuck in the mud happily driving.
pasinbuy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2010, 10:59 AM   #94
monkeyhouse
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasinbuy View Post
I have another one, it was not me but told to me by a freind.

When he was younger he did a few drugs, one day he was using downers and driving down the road happy as can be.. As he was driving down the road a cop came up and tapped on his driver window.. my friend looked at the cop and floored it. All that time he was stuck in the mud happily driving.
awesome story!
Unread 06-25-2010, 11:04 AM   #95
AustinCJer
u mad, bro?

1978 CJ7 

I was having issues with the TJ a couple weeks ago... gas milage and performance were struggling. I tried all the tricks, from Seafoam, air filter change, plugs and wires, etc... no gain in power. Then I noticed that my front right tire was lower than the rest, tested it and it was at 15 lbs. Then, just for good measure, I checked my toe-in... needless to say, a low tire and a bad alignment can drastically effect performance...

Shameless plug: www.davidisabeersnob.com

My CJ7 Build Thread
AustinCJer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2010, 12:31 PM   #96
JOExFROMxNY
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Although some might be offended by your use of the word "idiot", I am glad you didn't call this thread the "The 'I'm a retard' thread" after opening this can of worms:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/r-word-1053083/
JOExFROMxNY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2010, 01:16 PM   #97
Mainejeepin
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Using my folded down windshield to transport a kids bike 200 feet, nice 250 Idiot move there. Barely tapped the peddle to the glass and it shattered the entire thing.

Telling myself over and over and over and over, don't take off the with new 8.8 with no fluid in it....Few hundred feet down the road and DAMMIT

Going up that hill in the snow and not in 4 wheel drive...embarrassing to be on the side of the road with the jeep on it's side.
Mainejeepin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2010, 07:34 AM   #98
TSEJEEPERS
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Story my cousin told.
He had just started on the EMT. Had their first call, he was driving the ambulance.
Heard a siron, pulled over.
Guy next to him says what are you doing?
Cousin, I hear a siron so I pulled over.
Guy next to him, It's you!!!
Unread 06-28-2010, 09:33 AM   #99
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

A few weeks ago I pulled my rear driveshaft with the Jeep sitting on a steep incline.

And yes, it was of course in 2wd.

Wheelin98TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2010, 11:05 AM   #100
jimaug87
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillieP23 View Post
One of my first times mudding I got stuck in a deep rut on my right side. Like an idiot I tried to just power my way out of it in 4High. Needless to say I grenaded my reverse gear thankfully that was the only thing I broke. I felt like such an idiot and clearly had no clue what I was doing haha.
I did the same thing trying to pull myself out of a snow bank. Lots of grinding, the shifter pops out of gear, and it never goes back in. Been there.
Unread 10-01-2010, 11:36 AM   #101
monkeyhouse
1997 ZJ 

we can't let this thread die...any new stories??
Unread 10-01-2010, 12:06 PM   #102
cardiac

Couple weeks back I put my soft top into storage and reinstalled the hard top on my JKU (automatic)

Getting onto the highway later, I was sensitive to the change in acoustics - it seemed I could hear the engine more loudly, at a higher pitch... also the throttle response seemed amazing and exhaust really roared when I hit the skinny pedal. Afraid something might have been wrong with the exhaust, I hopped on the first exit; where I noticed that I had the shift lever in 2 instead of D.

How's that for an idiot moment?
cardiac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2010, 02:47 PM   #103
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

I did that several times with my TJ but it was a manual and I had forgot to put it in 5th. Whenever I get on the freeway I always turn the music way up so it took awhile to discover what was happening.
Unread 10-01-2010, 04:16 PM   #104
terrahawk
2007 JK Wrangler 

I am guilty of not locking my hubs and having to jump into the muck to correct my stupidity.

My buddy forgot to latch his wifes hood down and she ended up folding it over her windshield. After which he tried to convince me I needed an AEV hood...
Unread 10-01-2010, 05:52 PM   #105
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Talking about locking hubs, years ago in my CJ-7 I was on my way home from a day of wheeling hauling butt down the highway when I got this feeling that something just wasnít quite right. After a few miles I decided to pull off the road to check things out. Thatís when I discovered that I had forgot to unlock my hubs.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.