The "I'm an IDIOT" thread... - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > The "I'm an IDIOT" thread...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 06-09-2010, 12:15 PM   #61
YelloJeep
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Drove my '68 Camaro over some ramps badly damaging the bottom of the front fenders (too much torque). I was cussing bad! (About 10 years ago)

Changing the oil on my first front wheel drive car in highschool..... Drained the tranny and overfilled the oil. DUH!

Used inch pounds torque wrench instead of ft. pounds while doing valve cover gasket on my Yj..
Why is it leaking???

YelloJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2010, 12:27 PM   #62
Hesher420
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Here's mine...

I pulled into the center of my 2car garage to change the oil/filter. When complete I backed up about 15' and pulled forward into my side of the garage. During the 30' of movement I managed to empty all 6 quarts of brand new oil onto the garage floor and driveway! Turns out, when I removed the old filter, the gasket had seperated from the filter and stuck on the engine. Two gaskets DO NOT work better than one!

**'06 Blacked Out LJ**

> > > LJ Owners Group < < <

Black Jeep Society
"We are one. One society. Digitless."
"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

Hesher420 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2010, 12:34 PM   #63
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

^Wow!

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2010, 12:48 PM   #64
YelloJeep
1991 YJ Wrangler 

^^^^^I've done that one too!! on my truck. Gotta love the sound of an oil sprinkler under the truck!!LOL
Twice the gasket is definitely NOT twice the seal!!
YelloJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2010, 12:52 PM   #65
austin6137
Web Wheeler

1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeekster1 View Post
Attempted a burnout while pissed off. dropped the clutch at 4k on 33's and 3.07's and destroyed my spider gears. Didn't even break a tire loose. "I'm an IDIOT".
Did this except it wasn't the spider gears, I broke the leaf spring and tore the drive shaft off the rear. Burnouts on 33's and 3.07's are a big no no.
90 - xj laredo- 4.5" rough country lift, 6.5" of total lift with drop brackets, zj disc brakes on c8.25, olympic winch bumper, jcr upper and lower quarter armor, IRO hack-n-tap and rock sliders and rear bumper. rugged ridge 8500lb winch. Spartan locker up front. With a jd yellow paint job, 97+ front end and bushwacker cut out flares. 35's
austin6137 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2010, 09:32 PM   #66
Burns95
2004 WJ 

I think it's awesome that almost every Jeep owner has had an Idiot moment. Mine usually involve three to many Busch Lights...
Burns95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2010, 10:26 PM   #67
jeepin-gheenoe
2005 LJ Wrangler 

this is an awsome thread!

heres mine...

First: there was a fire down a few houses from mine, so all the cars pulled off the road to let the fire trucks go by...one lady driving a Grand Cherokee pulled into the ditch to far and got stuck. seeing a fellow jeeper in need i offered her a tow with my brand new winch that i was so itching to use. her jeep was 2wd, no tow hooks, and no trailer hitch...so i found a small hole on the gas tank skid plate...or atleast what i thought was the skid plate...

After getting her jeep half way out of the ditch, the spot my winch was hooked up to gave way...as well did the other half of what i thought was the gas tank skid...it turned about to be a hard plastic not metal...

it made a hell of a noise...i told her that my winch's gears slipped! she didnt know what a winch or gears were and bought it. so me, my brother, and two other men eventualy pushed her out...instead

but to this day i still dont have a clue what came off her jeep, if it was important, or how much damadge was done. (it was about 11 at night when this all happend.)

i learned to only use tow hooks/hitches for recovery purposes! lol
[CENTER][COLOR="Navy"]2005 Wrangler LJ (patriot blue with matching body&fenders like a sahara), auto, D44 rear Limited Slip Diff, D30front open, 3.73, 1 1/2inch RC spacer lift, K&N CAI, 31/10.50 kelly safari tsr A/T's, custom grill guard, warn 3700 winch, 5" KC Apollo long range lights, 1500watt SSL amp pushing a 12 inch kicker CRV sub, Flowmaster 40seriers muffler with custom side exit crome tip and lots of CROME![/COLOR][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Navy"]Have an LJ and need a hard top...clicky here![/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]
[CENTER][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/lj-hardtop-rally-tops-1064476/[/url][/CENTER]
[CENTER][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Navy"]Check out my Jeep and my Gheenoe in
actoin on my youtube Channel[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]
[CENTER][URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/kddcc?feature=mhum"]http://www.youtube.com/user/kddcc?feature=mhum[/URL][/CENTER]

[QUOTE=AlexTJ;5424847]While we're at it lets sue the pants off 'em for ever considering using the dana 35![/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=TJorange;10092084]Your Jeep is a real work horse man! Seems like ive seen at least one picture of it on every page of this forum.[/QUOTE]
jeepin-gheenoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2010, 11:18 PM   #68
InfernoGirl
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns95 View Post
I think it's awesome that almost every Jeep owner has had an Idiot moment. Mine usually involve three to many Busch Lights...
That right there might be your idiot moment.... Try a better beer!

01 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L, auto Sienna Mine
07 2D Rubicon Flame Red His
InfernoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2010, 06:21 AM   #69
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avernar View Post
How many people here would pour the oil back in and take a hit on another filter rather than admit to the wife/fiance/gf what a yutz they are?
That would be what I would do. My wife would be laughing her *** off at me.

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2010, 09:13 AM   #70
JDePietro
2010 JK Wrangler 

I could write books with my doh moments.

I recently replaced my thermostat, buttoned everything up jumped in the driver's seat and turned her on to hear fluids pouring out of the block. Looked over to the passenger side and saw the gasket I forgot to add to the equation.

Yesterday 6/13 a friend calls me with this defeated sound in his voice. He kinda mumbled "eye knee er hel". What I asked? This time he said it a little louder and with more of the right syllables. "I need yer halp". I get down to his house and in his back yard is his F250 FX4 "Off Road" truck up to the axles with carpet and boards all strewn about, and attached to the front of this massive vehicle is a little lawn tractor also stuck in the mud, and not just any mud, above the septic tank mud.

One tug with my winch gets him out of that hole and he exclaims he can take it from there. Only he can't and he is right back into the same mess. I walk over and this time I unhooked the lawn mower and we pushed it to safety from this vortex he calls a backyard. As I'm walking back to my Jeep I noticed something on his truck that probably could have prevented half of this.

He never locked his hubs.
Unread 06-15-2010, 08:22 PM   #71
Burns95
2004 WJ 

Hey Infernogirl... what might a better beer be??? Don't you dare say Bud Light.
Unread 06-15-2010, 08:25 PM   #72
Burns95
2004 WJ 

I had another idiot moment tonight... I had to run to the store, so obviously I jump in the Jeep. It won't turn over, battery is dead. I hop into my truck to jump it. I get the cables hooked up to the batteries and for the life of me CANNOT find my Jeep keys. I look everywhere and finally realize that they are in my TRUCK IGNITION on the keychain with my TRUCK KEYS!!!

In case you are wondering Infernogirl... no Busch Lights were involved
Unread 06-15-2010, 08:38 PM   #73
2000GrayTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I'm on my 3rd set of door nuts after leaving them on the hood after taking the doors off (twice). Luckily they don't break the bank
2000GrayTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2010, 09:16 PM   #74
jeepin-gheenoe
2005 LJ Wrangler 

got another...

the first time i changed my oil i didnt know that the oil filter would spill some oil when it taken off, so i didnt put the pan under the spot...my Dad wasnt happy...made me hand wash with bleach and pressure wash untill most of it came up...
[CENTER][COLOR="Navy"]2005 Wrangler LJ (patriot blue with matching body&fenders like a sahara), auto, D44 rear Limited Slip Diff, D30front open, 3.73, 1 1/2inch RC spacer lift, K&N CAI, 31/10.50 kelly safari tsr A/T's, custom grill guard, warn 3700 winch, 5" KC Apollo long range lights, 1500watt SSL amp pushing a 12 inch kicker CRV sub, Flowmaster 40seriers muffler with custom side exit crome tip and lots of CROME![/COLOR][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Navy"]Have an LJ and need a hard top...clicky here![/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]
[CENTER][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/lj-hardtop-rally-tops-1064476/[/url][/CENTER]
[CENTER][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Navy"]Check out my Jeep and my Gheenoe in
actoin on my youtube Channel[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]
[CENTER][URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/kddcc?feature=mhum"]http://www.youtube.com/user/kddcc?feature=mhum[/URL][/CENTER]

[QUOTE=AlexTJ;5424847]While we're at it lets sue the pants off 'em for ever considering using the dana 35![/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=TJorange;10092084]Your Jeep is a real work horse man! Seems like ive seen at least one picture of it on every page of this forum.[/QUOTE]
jeepin-gheenoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2010, 10:23 PM   #75
viper21700
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Was replacing the alternator on my 96 XJ... Anyone whose ever done this knows what a pain in the **** job this can become.. Installed the new alternator, replaced everything I pulled out, and went to go start it when I realized I forgot to tighten the top bolt on the alternator... Got it back apart and realized I had only hand tightened the clutch fan bolts as well... Talk about an idiot moment that almost became worse!
viper21700 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.