The "I'm an IDIOT" thread... - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > The "I'm an IDIOT" thread...

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! ECGS Black Friday Sale!!1993-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Stainless Steel Exhaust Mani

Unread 06-01-2010, 10:38 PM   #31
lostone73
2000 TJ Wrangler 

finished a clutch job in a friends TJ, was going up top to reassemble the shifter and boot, thats when i found the NEW pilot bushing lying next to the OLD pilot bushing on the passenger seat. DOH

lostone73 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2010, 10:48 PM   #32
2doorxj
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostone73 View Post
finished a clutch job in a friends TJ, was going up top to reassemble the shifter and boot, thats when i found the NEW pilot bushing lying next to the OLD pilot bushing on the passenger seat. DOH
Ouch! That one made my stomach turn. I would have been so pissed off. But you know what they say, it's better to be pissed off than pissed on.

2012 Cherokee of the Year
2doorxj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2010, 10:54 PM   #33
lostone73
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2doorxj View Post
Ouch! That one made my stomach turn. I would have been so pissed off. But you know what they say, it's better to be pissed off than pissed on.
Certainly, we turned off the lights, walked out and started all over the next day.
lostone73 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2010, 12:30 AM   #34
Marctwayne
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostone73 View Post
Everything else was funny this one hits to close to home ...

[QUOTE=my-jeep-earl;6694423]It does look alot better when the Jeep is "ugly side up" though! :hahaha::teehee:[/QUOTE]
Marctwayne is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2010, 12:41 AM   #35
jeeper92
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marctwayne View Post
Everything else was funny this one hits to close to home ...
I think you avatar takes the cake on this one. I'm not not a genius but isn't that suppose to be under jeep
Unread 06-02-2010, 01:05 AM   #36
squarelight94
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I forgot about the short wheel base when it was not running one night. When I went to push it forward holding the door and the steering wheel my jeans and boot got caught by the left rear tire and crawled onto my leg.
squarelight94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2010, 01:39 AM   #37
monkeyhouse
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns95 View Post
So I was in the garage about an hour ago just tinkering around and realized that I hadn't replaced my broken rearview mirror with the new one I had picked up from 4wd.com. I opened the box, tried to slide it on the windshield mount and realized that it wasn't the same size mounting tab. Easy enough, I will just pop this old one off and glue the new one on to the windshield... so I thought.

Here's where the "I'm an IDIOT" part comes into play. When I pulled the old "glued on" tab off of my windshield, about a 1" round piece of my windshield came with it. I should've known better, but really didn't think twice before prying it off. So, I now have a hole in my windshield from being an idiot. Anyone else want to share some STUPID experiences?

When I first got my YJ my fuel gauge wasn't accurate. I didn't have tags on it and was still tryin to get it legal. I lived in a rural area and one day took it out for a spin to check something I just repaired. It shut off goin down the road, just out of the blue. Not like it stuttered, tried to recover, etc, just flat out died. I had my 400 dollar camera in the back, parts everywhere, new stereo on the front passenger seat. It was dark and I had to go to work anyway, so I left it sit on the side of a road. Next day went back to get it, it was gone. It was towed. That was sunday. On monday called the police to make sure of what happened. Took a few calls, but eventually found out it was impounded(no tags). Got a release from the state police and a stern talkin to about drivin without tags(it was a quarter mile from my house). Call the tow people at 4:30, they tell me they close at 5 and won't work later, if I can't make it there by 5, have to wait until next day. Couldn't leave work until 5, so next day I go to get things straightened out(it wasn't running so I had to get them to tow it back to my house. 300 bucks total(3 days storage and two tows) to get it back and my camera was gone(brand new stereo not even in dash yet, still on seat, camera gone). They even mentioned the stereo in their paperwork. Get it back to the house and find out it was out of gas. Talk about feelin stupid,... man!
Unread 06-02-2010, 01:51 AM   #38
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarelight94 View Post
I forgot about the short wheel base when it was not running one night. When I went to push it forward holding the door and the steering wheel my jeans and boot got caught by the left rear tire and crawled onto my leg.
I ALMOST did this yesterday, haha!
Unread 06-02-2010, 10:35 AM   #39
rob78
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielbuck View Post
I ALMOST did this yesterday, haha!
yeah, I've done that one too. Wife, kinda laughing at my retardation, asked if there was something she could do. I told her to bring me a helmet.

I put ATF in my diff before. Started pumping it in before I realized what I was doing. Had to pull the cover, clean it out, reseal and close, refill correctly.
rob78 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2010, 10:16 PM   #40
Pig_Pen
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Oh man this thread had to be started with me in mind. When I was a newbie jeep driver i put the bikini top on one afternoon. I was young, feeling proud and ready to show off to the ladies. I got to about 30 mph and swore a jet had just flown over me....there was this loud pop and the sounds of a semi using engine brakes in my back seat, turns out the header needs to be tightened BEFORE driving it.

2nd knuckle head move that Ill admit to was when I replaced the cracked head on my current heep. I got the head on and torqued, I took my time putting my valve cover so I didnt have any leaks and got everything bolted back on. Again insert big head here, I swung around to give her a start and pushed the box holding all of the pushrods out of the way to sit down.....DOHHH

And here is my last one it is not jeep related but knuckle head worthy. I took my old man fishing for fathers day when I was 17. We had just restored an old boat and it was her maiden voyage. We got to our first spot and trolled around for about an hour before pulling anchor to move on. We fired up and took off. I felt this brush off air go by when I realized that breeze was the whiz of the battery cables to the trolling motor flying by that i never pulled back up..DOHH It is still on bottom some 17 years later. To finish the day off we decided to stop and have lunch. What could go wrong.... I grab the anchor and toss it over....only to watch the whole rope go right over because i never tied it TO THE BOAT.
Pig_Pen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2010, 10:26 PM   #41
monkeyhouse
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pig_Pen View Post
Oh man this thread had to be started with me in mind. When I was a newbie jeep driver i put the bikini top on one afternoon. I was young, feeling proud and ready to show off to the ladies. I got to about 30 mph and swore a jet had just flown over me....there was this loud pop and the sounds of a semi using engine brakes in my back seat, turns out the header needs to be tightened BEFORE driving it.

2nd knuckle head move that Ill admit to was when I replaced the cracked head on my current heep. I got the head on and torqued, I took my time putting my valve cover so I didnt have any leaks and got everything bolted back on. Again insert big head here, I swung around to give her a start and pushed the box holding all of the pushrods out of the way to sit down.....DOHHH

And here is my last one it is not jeep related but knuckle head worthy. I took my old man fishing for fathers day when I was 17. We had just restored an old boat and it was her maiden voyage. We got to our first spot and trolled around for about an hour before pulling anchor to move on. We fired up and took off. I felt this brush off air go by when I realized that breeze was the whiz of the battery cables to the trolling motor flying by that i never pulled back up..DOHH It is still on bottom some 17 years later. To finish the day off we decided to stop and have lunch. What could go wrong.... I grab the anchor and toss it over....only to watch the whole rope go right over because i never tied it TO THE BOAT.
I vote this as best post EVER!!!! Man that was funny!
Unread 06-03-2010, 06:35 AM   #42
Neoxxis
2007 JK Wrangler 

I laughed at that one!
The anchor thing is classic!
Unread 06-03-2010, 09:25 AM   #43
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

So I decided to change the oil in my TJ after I bought a new, big used oil container after always using an open pan. The new container was large, round, and enclosed with a screw to open that would allow the oil to run in from a pan on the top of the container. I did note that the screw didn't complete screw out, but still it looked like a smart design. So who needs to put down paper around the container as I always use to do?!

I then proceeded to remove the oil drain plug, and the stream of oil comes down and precisely lands on the screw, which the top of the screw was slightly u-shaped, which created an oil fountain! I was shocked at this, and in the few seconds that it took to me react and slightly move the new oil container, I had oil all over my driveway.

I should have put down that paper...

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2010, 09:53 AM   #44
LJameson
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grogie View Post
So I decided to change the oil in my TJ after I bought a new, big used oil container after always using an open pan. The new container was large, round, and enclosed with a screw to open that would allow the oil to run in from a pan on the top of the container. I did note that the screw didn't complete screw out, but still it looked like a smart design. So who needs to put down paper around the container as I always use to do?!

I then proceeded to remove the oil drain plug, and the stream of oil comes down and precisely lands on the screw, which the top of the screw was slightly u-shaped, which created an oil fountain! I was shocked at this, and in the few seconds that it took to me react and slightly move the new oil container, I had oil all over my driveway.

I should have put down that paper...
I can't tell you how many times that's happened to me with the exact same container.
Unread 06-03-2010, 01:37 PM   #45
cardiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delaware4x4 View Post
I was driving down to the beach Friday night and I had my bag with all my clothes and whatnot on my passenger seat. I was on the highway and was looking for my iPod which I though was under the bookbag. So I went to toss the bookbag in the back of the Jeep so I picked it up real quick,
It was at thins point I was expecting you to say that you tossed it over your shoulder into the backseat, but the wind caught it and it flew into the car behind you.
cardiac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.