The "I'm an IDIOT" thread... - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > The "I'm an IDIOT" thread...

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDThe NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.com

Unread 05-31-2010, 11:06 PM   #16
MisterO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi22 View Post
One morning I went to change my oil, here's how it went:

-Remove drain plug, empty oil
-Replace filter
-Start pouring in oil
-Wonder why the fill line won't rise
-Wonder why the oil pan is so heavy
-Realize I never replaced the drain plug when pouring in new oil
-Wait five hours for the fiance to get home to have a car to drive up to wal-mart to get more oil

i did the same thing...

MisterO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2010, 02:02 AM   #17
Grape Ape
Web Wanker

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Yep, I agree y'all are idiots. Well except for the purple people eater. Must have something to do with purple or derivatives of that color, cause I am a genius too.

EVERYBODY is pro-gun, some just don't know it. When an anti-gun person is in trouble, the first thing they do is call 911 and demand that they send somebody with a gun!

We've idiot proofed the world... now its full of idiots. - Spiritof76

You will truly be the same today as you will be five years from now, except for two things, the people you meet and the books you read. Charles E. Jones

I think I'll add some memorable quotes. blah blah blah..... FPKites

Trying to understand some people, is like trying to pick up a turd by the clean side.
Grape Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2010, 03:29 AM   #18
Axl Jack
1994 YJ Wrangler 

1) Installed Aussie locker in front D30 (with 3-piece shafts/CAD)
2) Put everything back together, drive into back yard to test out how "awesome" locker is.
3) I seem to be in 4WD, but my passenger front tire spins just like its still an open diff. What gives?
4) Attempt to climb hill a few more times.
5) Go back into garage.
6) Remove CAD cover plate.
7) Put shift fork on collar this time.
8) Comment to my friend what an idiot I am. Locker works great now.
You know you drive a YJ when it is no longer getting older, but slowly becoming brand new part by part.
Axl Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2010, 03:32 AM   #19
Peej03
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I got blocked in at taco bell.. So I decided to go forward up a small hill. (like 3 feet high). But there was a parking block thing at the top, I figured if my tire hit it first I'd roll over it... Turned out Iwas at a bad angle, CLANK...right on the diff, i think. Nothing broke. Just felt like a fool. Then the ford on 37's just barreld over it.. So I waited until the line behind me passed. Ha

1982 CJ5 - RIP 9/3/12

1971 AMC Javelin
Peej03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2010, 12:45 PM   #20
Burns95
2004 WJ 

Thanks for all of the "idiot" stories. Makes me feel better. I stopped by a glass place today and the owner of the shop had a CJ7. Needless to say, he felt sorry for me and replaced it for $180. Not a bad price. He did say that for future reference, the mounting tabs DONT COME OFF without the right tools.
Burns95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2010, 12:50 PM   #21
nwiTJdave

I purchased a winch back in February, and finally just ordered a winch plate the other day. I was in the middle of making one at work but just kept running out of time and all the machines at work are now runnin 7 days a week 24 hours a day so I couldnt finish drilling and milling what i needed done. Anyways plate arrives saturday morning, get excited and go put the winch on the plate and go to look for the bolts to secure the winch to the winch plate. Realized after 3 hours of searching that the nuts and bolts and fairlead are at work sitting in my desk drawer.

This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2010, 02:04 PM   #22
vohk
2003 TJ Wrangler 

"Eh, who needs penetrating oil, these arn't that old.. *SNAP* ... [Insert favoured expression of joy and supreme wellbeing]!!"
vohk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2010, 02:24 PM   #23
liredneck
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Loveng this thread , ok so I'm putting my new tires on the other day and I have both back tires off the ground with a high lift , I had put one of the 35s infront of the front tire so it won't roll , I get the tire rear tires off and my friend thinking he was helpng grabs the tire that um useing to keep it from rolling the jeep rolls forward off the highlift and into his girlfreinds car crushing the taillights on his girlfreinds car funnyest part was we were going to replace the blown taillight on her car after we did my tires lol
Unread 06-01-2010, 02:30 PM   #24
bkings5
1999 TJ Wrangler 

haven't had a jeep blond moment yet but im sure I will soon
bkings5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2010, 03:05 PM   #25
Burns95
2004 WJ 

Liredneck... Thats a good one! I guess we all have those moments!
Burns95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2010, 03:13 PM   #26
PeteYJTJ
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Here's mine....

Replacing power steering pump.
Bought new pulley.
Attempt to press new pulley onto new pump by using bolt.
Try to hold pulley from spinning with wrench through holes in pulley.
Break new plastic pulley.

Finally realize, after looking at directions, that you are supposed to hold the head of the bolt that you screw into the pump in the vise, and use a nut to easily press the pulley on.

Oh well.
Pete
Laredo, 104K, sunroof, 4.0, selectrac, 3" IRO +10mm, adj trac bar, 265-75-16s Goodyear = DD & Expedition Jeep.
PeteYJTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2010, 03:17 PM   #27
jeepsterjc
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ8 

I asked a fellow at work what was wrong? We were standing in front of our staff mail boxes in the mail room. With a very serious expression he turns to me and says "Oh, I'm just wondering what I'll **** up today."

I just said welcome to the club and motored on.

**** happens. I know another guy who buys extra parts for every repair. He just explains it as "collateral damage"! Gota laugh.

Last edited by rustywrangler; 06-14-2010 at 05:10 AM.. Reason: language problems
jeepsterjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2010, 04:16 PM   #28
Liquid741
2012 JK Wrangler 

i would have never thought the glass would have came off with the mirror...that is amazing.
Unread 06-01-2010, 04:36 PM   #29
Camo Deere
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I was tightening my wheel lugs and I turned to say something then turned my head back and hit the lug wrench at the same time to spin it, well my head got a little too close and I managed to whack myself in the forehead pretty hard with the lug wrench, bleed pretty bad for awhile now I got a pretty nasty scar.

Also I was running my winch cables through the grill and didn't like how I did them the first time so I went to pull them out, first I pulled out the positive and gave it a slow tug until it came lose but I smacked my wrist on the edge of the bumper when the cable came out. Ouch. Then I tried the negative cable being careful not to pull it as hard but what do you think happened, hit my pinky and on the same spot of the bumper and had a bruise for a couple weeks.
Camo Deere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2010, 08:23 PM   #30
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

haven't had a dumb jeep moment yet (I've only had it 2 weeks, give me some time, HAH!)

but once while doing a cam swap on my old camaro I was lashing the valves, turn the engine over 360 degrees til the TDC mark comes back up, lash, turn over, lash, turn over, and then I slowly start to realize that something isn't feeling right. It finally hits me and I look at the crank, there's two marks on there, top and bottom. HAH! I must have spent an hour doing that before I realized there was two marks on the pulley, and that I was only rotating it 1/2 way each time. I have no idea what that would have done to the motor if I would have started it up, glad I realized something was wrong!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.