The "I'm an IDIOT" thread... - Page 18 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > The "I'm an IDIOT" thread...

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 10-12-2013, 08:44 AM   #256
Burns95
2004 WJ 

Back to top...

Burns95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2013, 09:50 PM   #257
TSEJEEPERS
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Buddies blond moment.
Jeep on trailer, he jumps in and hits the key without pushing the clutch in.
The Jeep was in 4 low, it crawled over a plastic tool box, over the front of the trailer and into his tail gate. Sorry no pictures of the Jeep on the tailgate.
Aftermath.
Unread 10-12-2013, 10:04 PM   #258
TSEJEEPERS
1993 YJ Wrangler 

My daughter had just bought a Grand Cherokee, she called me and said the Jeep is chimming and said it needed service.
I told her no problem I will bring my scanner over and figure out what is wrong.
I run the code and get a TPS.
Replace the TPS and go to delete the code.
I tell her if the check engine light comes on again let me know.
She again tells me, the check engine light never came on it just said it needed service.
Ya I am a idiot, it was the center console thing you set at a certain number of miles to tell you it needs a oil change.
I show them how to reset it and leave with my tail behind my legs.
Unread 10-18-2013, 02:30 AM   #259
Eckoh
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I got a few...

First i was hanging with a friend at a camp site where he was working and a guy comes in asking where he can call a tow truck.. He had let a 16 year old drive his full sized YMCA school bus down a walking path and got it stuck.. We go to look at it, i had just got my winch at the time and said i could winch him out. So i winch him out, now he is on the high end of an incline, he was stuck on a bolder the size of a beach ball that i uprooted when winching him out. So we are standing by the bus talking and he was thanking me for winching him out and we hear a POP, it was his parking brake line snapping and his bus rolls 60 feet down hill square into the front of my jeep. 0 damage to my jeep 2500 bucks of damage to the front of his bus.

i must say i was glad i added the streering skid a week before this seeing how it left its mark on the bus's bummper.

Another is when some friends and i were swaping an engine from an XJ into a YJ.. the YJ was not fuel injected the XJ was so it had to be rewired and everything... first mistake was the the master mechanic friend was color blind... that made wiring FUN -_-... the second thing is the XJ was an auto the YJ was stick and we were keeping that the same but we put in the wring fly wheel when we buttoned everything up... sow e had to repul the engine and swap it.
Eckoh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2013, 07:58 AM   #260
sweetbmxrider

Had a customer call up and inquire about a light that was lit on her dash. She said it was the donkey with the water jug on its back. My dad and I were perplexed to say the least as to what she meant but told her to drop the car off and we'll have a look. So we pull the car inside and I'm staring at the dash. The only thing I see lit is:

I never laughed so hard. Every time I see a seat belt light lit, I can't help but think its a donkey and laugh to myself.
Unread 10-18-2013, 08:59 AM   #261
CrawlingForward
Rookies Happen.

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
Had a customer call up and inquire about a light that was lit on her dash. She said it was the donkey with the water jug on its back. My dad and I were perplexed to say the least as to what she meant but told her to drop the car off and we'll have a look. So we pull the car inside and I'm staring at the dash. The only thing I see lit is:

I never laughed so hard. Every time I see a seat belt light lit, I can't help but think its a donkey and laugh to myself.
Ha ha ha ha! Took me a second, but I see it now.

95 YJ, Rio Grande - The Wannabe Sleeper Wheeler
2010 JKU, Islander Edition - The Burly Stock Overlander

- North Shore Jeep Club -
Build/Wheel/Break/Educate/Upgrade/Repeat
CrawlingForward is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2013, 03:31 PM   #262
ridesno4llfe
2013 JK Wrangler 

Ran my 98 xj with a half of a quart of oil in the crankcase, thought the oil pressure gauge was acting up like the temp would, 5.5quarts later and still ran like a top. Gotta love the 4.0l
Second stupid wasn't mine but takes the cake. Used to work for a goodyear and a customer brought in his car needing us to top off his oil. I checked thr dipstick and it was severely overfilled. He had been filling it to the top of the oil cap.... and he still tried to tell me I was wrong and it went all the way to the top. You just can't fix stupid.
Unread 10-18-2013, 04:55 PM   #263
JWBooth
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post

Hhmmmmm... still don't see it!!!!!

Okay, idiot moment: First time changing the tranny fluid in my YJ I left the fill plug off. I drove it for 2 days like that and couldn't figure out why it was dripping oil every time I parked it. That's a mistake you only make ONCE!!!
**LONG LIVE 4-LOW**LONG LIVE 4-LOW**LONG LIVE 4-LOW**
JWBooth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2013, 05:12 PM   #264
CrawlingForward
Rookies Happen.

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWBooth View Post

Hhmmmmm... still don't see it!!!!!
Think of it as looking at a donkey in profile with its head to the left and more like an Acme 100 lbs weight on its back.

95 YJ, Rio Grande - The Wannabe Sleeper Wheeler
2010 JKU, Islander Edition - The Burly Stock Overlander

- North Shore Jeep Club -
Build/Wheel/Break/Educate/Upgrade/Repeat
CrawlingForward is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2013, 08:00 AM   #265
bogleparsons
2013 JK Wrangler 

Sat my Iphone on the drivers side fender yesterday and then drove off, went back looking and all I found was my griffin case. Someone got a new phone
Unread 10-19-2013, 01:58 PM   #266
Eckoh
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogleparsons View Post
Sat my Iphone on the drivers side fender yesterday and then drove off, went back looking and all I found was my griffin case. Someone got a new phone
i have a friend that has run over atleast half a dozen phones leaving them on his fender...
Unread 10-22-2013, 06:27 AM   #267
bogleparsons
2013 JK Wrangler 

correction, I found my phone. in about 500 pieces
Unread 10-22-2013, 06:26 PM   #268
Eckoh
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogleparsons View Post
correction, I found my phone. in about 500 pieces
well you know it wasn't stolen
Unread 10-26-2013, 04:05 PM   #269
PMSteve
2001 TJ Wrangler 

About 35 years ago, the husband of my cousin buys a Jeep CJ with a winch and decides to go 'wheeling in the desert outside of Las Vegas. Alone

Finds some dunes and ends up in a sand bowl and can't get out - 2wd / 4wd nothing. Kept slipping back to he bottom. Had the winch but didn't know to bury a spare as a deadman, ect.

Hours later another Jeeper comes along and sees this guy sitting in his jeep so decides to join him at the bottom. Also a newbie Jeeper. Two stuck. This was before cell phones.

The other guy hikes to the highway - 4 miles or so and catches a ride into town to get a tow truck. No one will go out after hearing the story. One driver talks the guy into hiring his buddy with a Cat Bulldozer to go get him out for $1000. He figures he'll split the charge with my cousin's idiot hubby.

Truck carrying the dozer and the other driver get to the sand bowl and the two stuck guys discuss splitting the charge for the dozer (both idiots).

They tell the dozer man that they'll only pay $200 each to get out. Dozer man leaves them there.

Idiot hubby hikes to the highway the next morning and calls my cousin and tells her to see if she can contact an air-lift helicopter to lift him and the other guy out of the bowl.

They each ended up paying $2500 each for the short flight out of the hole... this is in like 1978 - 1979 dollars...

She divorces the idiot, he sells the Jeep because it's a POS (his opinion - he's actually the POS) that won't even go up a hill of sand!

Last I heard he was a gay prostitute on Sunset Blvd in LA...
Unread 10-26-2013, 09:54 PM   #270
frenchy206
2003 TJ Wrangler 

That is the saddest story.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.