The "I'm an IDIOT" thread... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > The "I'm an IDIOT" thread...

Advance Adapters SYE KitsRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Rubicon express discounts from oconee off-road

Unread 05-31-2010, 06:54 PM   #1
Burns95
2004 WJ 

The "I'm an IDIOT" thread...

So I was in the garage about an hour ago just tinkering around and realized that I hadn't replaced my broken rearview mirror with the new one I had picked up from 4wd.com. I opened the box, tried to slide it on the windshield mount and realized that it wasn't the same size mounting tab. Easy enough, I will just pop this old one off and glue the new one on to the windshield... so I thought.

Here's where the "I'm an IDIOT" part comes into play. When I pulled the old "glued on" tab off of my windshield, about a 1" round piece of my windshield came with it. I should've known better, but really didn't think twice before prying it off. So, I now have a hole in my windshield from being an idiot. Anyone else want to share some STUPID experiences?

Burns95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2010, 06:57 PM   #2
PurpleTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

PICS!

i dont have any stupid moments. im a genius
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarpower View Post
Get a good tummy tuck with engine skid and treat it like a pimp does a crack whore.
Purple Jeep Club member #8

My Purple People Eater Build
PurpleTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2010, 07:24 PM   #3
fishinjeeper
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Thats GREAT! good laugh
Unread 05-31-2010, 07:27 PM   #4
vindicated
Did you miss me?

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I bought a jeep. /thread

I haven't had any idiot moments yet (jeep related) but I am sure they are coming.
vindicated is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2010, 07:31 PM   #5
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

First thing I did was laugh and then felt sorry for you. Itís still funny though. I would have loved to see the look on your face when that happened. Would have even paid to see.
Unread 05-31-2010, 07:40 PM   #6
Rubi22
2004 TJ Wrangler 

One morning I went to change my oil, here's how it went:

-Remove drain plug, empty oil
-Replace filter
-Start pouring in oil
-Wonder why the fill line won't rise
-Wonder why the oil pan is so heavy
-Realize I never replaced the drain plug when pouring in new oil
-Wait five hours for the fiance to get home to have a car to drive up to wal-mart to get more oil

Rubi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2010, 08:55 PM   #7
pdm66
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi22 View Post
One morning I went to change my oil, here's how it went:

-Remove drain plug, empty oil
-Replace filter
-Start pouring in oil
-Wonder why the fill line won't rise
-Wonder why the oil pan is so heavy
-Realize I never replaced the drain plug when pouring in new oil
-Wait five hours for the fiance to get home to have a car to drive up to wal-mart to get more oil

Any relation to BP?
pdm66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2010, 09:20 PM   #8
Delaware4x4
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I was driving down to the beach Friday night and I had my bag with all my clothes and whatnot on my passenger seat. I was on the highway and was looking for my iPod which I though was under the bookbag. So I went to toss the bookbag in the back of the Jeep so I picked it up real quick, not knowing that the strap of the bag was under my E brake. Luckily the brake didn't grab since I stopped pulling the bag up when I heard the clicking and the following beeping. I grabbed the brake and pushed it down right away. This could have been really bad since there was a tractor trailor behind me.
White Jeep Club Member #74
Delaware4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2010, 09:24 PM   #9
fishinjeeper
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdm66 View Post
any relation to bp? :d
lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 05-31-2010, 09:25 PM   #10
Madmanmiller802
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I win. Before I found jeep forum, I thought it would be a great idea to do a hockey puck lift. did everything except move the radiator shroud. Well about a month later I was wheeling in the middle of no where. radiator blows things redlining. Anyway blown engine. Good thing i got the extended warranty from the used car dealer. they paid more than half for a new engine.
Sold that jeep four years ago. Won't be so stupid with the rubi.
Unread 05-31-2010, 10:08 PM   #11
asknight
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns95 View Post
So I was in the garage about an hour ago just tinkering around and realized that I hadn't replaced my broken rearview mirror with the new one I had picked up from 4wd.com. I opened the box, tried to slide it on the windshield mount and realized that it wasn't the same size mounting tab. Easy enough, I will just pop this old one off and glue the new one on to the windshield... so I thought.

Here's where the "I'm an IDIOT" part comes into play. When I pulled the old "glued on" tab off of my windshield, about a 1" round piece of my windshield came with it. I should've known better, but really didn't think twice before prying it off. So, I now have a hole in my windshield from being an idiot. Anyone else want to share some STUPID experiences?

I cracked the last windshield completely down the center from edge to edge last time I tried to replace a rearview mirror. Now, I just take it to the local glass shop and pay them $10-15 to do it for me so I don't have to pay $280+ out of pocket for another glass.
asknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2010, 10:15 PM   #12
_TIM_
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I also went to replace my replace my rearview mirror, when I glued the metal piece to the windshield I used about 3x the recommended amount of glue to make sure the mirror never fell off again.....well stupid me put the small metal piece on backwards and when I tried to pry it off I too a large chunk of the windshield with it.
Unread 05-31-2010, 10:47 PM   #13
czjeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

When regearing to 4.88's, I wasted several hours screwing with my Dana 30 completely frustrated before realizing that I had accidently received a LP gear set instead of a HP set!
The correct gears worked MUCH better!
Armed Forces Jeeps Member #125
Red Jeep Club Member #251

In the Portland/Vancouver area? Check 'em out! Piston's Wild Motorsports Club

Click here for 2.5L AX5 to AX15 swap
czjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2010, 10:56 PM   #14
NorthWhiteWolf
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Tried using my front bumper and a tow strap to pull out small ttrees. Worked good so i tried pulling out a rotten stump on my parents farm and busted/ripped the custom bumper off my jeep. (the bumper that was on it when i got it , not the bumper currently on the jeep.)
Unread 05-31-2010, 11:02 PM   #15
Marctwayne
1985 CJ7 

I was working on moving my window mounted auxiliary lights over to a switched power feed so the lights could not be left on with out the key. When I was done I closed up shop but left the key in the ignition over night with it in the on position. No lights or anything where on but the fuel pump or something must draw some amount of power because the almost bran new red top was dead empty the next morning and had shorted itself out. $180 kick in the ---. Good reason to go yellow!

[QUOTE=my-jeep-earl;6694423]It does look alot better when the Jeep is "ugly side up" though! :hahaha::teehee:[/QUOTE]
Marctwayne is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.