If you have a TJ or JK what do you like/dislike about the 'other' one. - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > If you have a TJ or JK what do you like/dislike about the 'other' one.

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 07-21-2011, 10:23 PM   #61
Timmac
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Opps wrong thread..

Timmac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2011, 08:14 PM   #62
mikecraigen
2005 TJ Wrangler 

wasnt going to help perpetuate, but ya, I hate the sheetmetal on the jk. I feel like a fart could dent it. The older you go the harder they go. props to the ol' farts!
mikecraigen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2011, 09:58 AM   #63
fillerup
2004 TJ Wrangler 

TJ- I like because I own one. 04 Rubicon
JK- I do like the look of the two door. They look cool with larger tires but I HATE the look of the four door. Just doesn't look like a Jeep to me. More like a hummer.
fillerup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2011, 10:21 AM   #64
Doty152
2005 TJ Wrangler 

TJ - Not too much I don't like. I wish the turn signals were on the grill.

JK - Too nice for my taste, the few I've driven seemed pretty comparable. Had a friend in mine last night, we passed a Jeep dealer, told her I loved the shade of orange on the JKU up front, her response? "What you meant the pretty hummer?"
But it do.

Alcohol may be mans worst enemy, but the Bible says to love your enemy.

┌─┐
┴─┴
ಠ_ರೃ
Doty152 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2011, 04:13 PM   #65
MsGTI
2006 TJ Wrangler 

JK--like the four doors especially the 2012's ...just not too fond of the plastic fenders or bumpers.

Only because how much I hate cleaning and polishing the fenders on my TJ.
And they are small compared to the JK's.

2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ Metallic Khaki
2009 VW GTI
MsGTI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2011, 05:35 PM   #66
Blewyn
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I LOVE my TJ because it looks and feels like a proper Jeep.

However, she looks a bit sad and forlorn when bellied out on a dune ridge....so I would it if she had Brake Lock Differentials, like the JKs....
Blewyn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2011, 08:59 PM   #67
mytjtoy
CJ--my drug of choice!

1976 CJ7 

Wow what a thread. Let me start by saying I have owned/own a YJ, TJ, KJ, JK & CJ7. I liked them all except for the YJ (Jeeps are made to have round headlights--PERIOD). Loved my TJ and gave the KJ to the daughter--worthless Jeep. Just bought a JK for the wife and bought me a 1976 CJ7. Let me tell you both my wife and I ALWAYS wave to other YJ's, TJ's and CJ's. We don't wave to the JKU's-sorry!

The way I feel is this, it take a certain person to buy a Jeep and especially a Wrangler model. So no mattter who is driving it they are OK in my book. My wife and I take her JK on long trips and my CJ for around town. Ever ride in a CJ for about 6 to 8 hours? Impossible! JK rides like a Cadillac and you can still get the Jeep feel with the front hard top off.

People stop us all the time and say how nice the JK looks. I love the looks of them but I love the looks of my CJ too.

Poeple have stopped me in parking lots when I park the CJ and ask me about it as well.
6a9d04a60a0d066901ecc6b5a6aadbc3-1-.jpg   pppp.jpg  
mytjtoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2011, 09:17 PM   #68
PortMcNeillJeep
2005 TJ Wrangler 

TJ - because the LJ Unlimited 2 door rocks on!!!

2005 TJ Unlimited, silver 6-speed
PortMcNeillJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2011, 09:48 PM   #69
vis_eclipse6g72
1993 YJ Wrangler 

4 door jk with smittybilt armor on 37's=win.
with that being said if i had to pick between a factory tj vs jk, i would take the tj all day. but add a lift and some larger tires and thats a different ball game. i do wish jeep would nut up and put a v8 in a wrangler though(preferably a SBC lol). i also hate to the extreme how jeep in general seems to have lost its roots targeting the offroad community and is now more mom-ish.(patriot, compass, commander, sometimes the jk, etc vs yj,tj,xj,zj) half the people that drive them have no clue what owning a jeep is about.
93 yj 5.3 vortec, custom 3 link, 35/16/15 boggers, sye, xrc-10 winch. Built not bought member #127
vis_eclipse6g72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2012, 05:46 AM   #70
dallasjetfan
2013 JK Wrangler 

Didn't want to start a new thread so I am reviving this age old question. I am in this boat now. I have owned a TJ Rubi that I should have never sold because I have been trying to fall in love with cars and other SUV's since. Right now I am driving a brand new 2013 VW CC that I really like but am already itching to get out of because I want a Jeep again.

Trying to decide on if I should go with another TJ Rubi or JK Rubi (2 Door). I want to run 35's with metalcloaks. I want a very small lift if any at all. I really enjoy the less creature comforts. Navigation in a Jeep is retarded. I also don't want power locks. I'm really leaning towards a TJ because aftermarket parts are cheaper. I can run 15" wheels. Less plastic. My friend owns an '08 JKU and that thing sounds like a piece of crap. My '06 Rubi didn't have one rattle or squeak. Another plus for the TJ is won't have to worry about warranty issues with lift since it will be out of warranty. I can't believe I sold my TJ.

Basically I need someone to give me some reasons to get a brand new Rubi over an older TJ Rubi. If not, my search will start for the TJ while I find a way out of my current lease.
dallasjetfan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2012, 10:05 AM   #71
mikecraigen
2005 TJ Wrangler 

TJ. You answered your own question 4 times in your post. Cheaper, stouter, low gears with low rpm torque, more aftermarket, more junkyard parts, more steel in the body - and I have one!
mikecraigen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2012, 02:58 PM   #72
dallasjetfan
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecraigen
TJ. You answered your own question 4 times in your post. Cheaper, stouter, low gears with low rpm torque, more aftermarket, more junkyard parts, more steel in the body - and I have one!
I'm leaning toward the TJ just because of the overall price plus ability to mod it.
dallasjetfan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2013, 06:40 PM   #73
neto_09
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I used to own a '81 CJ back in Mexico and it was a head turner, and you can get it almost anywhere, I have friends that see the JKU on Mexican trails and they are left behind 'cause they can't fit where YJ's, TJ's,CJ's can, IMO JK's look bad *** with larger tires and body armor but like an old jeep expression said "you can go faster, but I can go anywhere"
neto_09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2013, 09:09 PM   #74
panthermark
2013 JK Wrangler 

What a dumb thread....why bring it back to life?

I see why I'm a loner....and I love it!
panthermark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2013, 07:58 AM   #75
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

I agree pm, but it's a spot on the screen-and we can play

I really admire/adore/appreciate the CJ/YJ and the more modern TJ, but

This is 2013 and I don't wanna drive on todays freeways in a short wheelbase 10/20/30/50 year memory of "JEEP"

My 4dr will handle/cruise/stop in comfort at 70 mph and thats while carrying enough equip. to forage/camp for a month and still get decent mileage/w towing my trailer-and it'll go anywhere the older jeeps would struggle with (cept between two tight trees)-

I could have a cruise car and an older jeep, but I have two cruise cars and I'd rather cruise for hundreds of miles/off-road/cruise back and not change vehicles-actually I have two cruise cars too

YUP, the sheetmetal is thinner, but I don't hit things !

Smokemifyou gotem

JIMBO
JIMBOX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.