If you have a TJ or JK what do you like/dislike about the 'other' one. - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > If you have a TJ or JK what do you like/dislike about the 'other' one.

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 07-22-2010, 09:33 AM   #16
anymanusa
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMBOX View Post
All right, I obviously have the JKU RUBI

I admire the CJ's/TJ's for their FEEP qualities, but

As I said, to me ther's no comparison to the NEW (this is 2010) JK jeeps Now I'm older than dirt and I've gone thru the eary car/muscle car decades and owned most ofem, so when I bought this JKU, I knew exactly what I was getting

With the lift and 33.2" tires and Rubi xfer case/swaybar edisco/auto/4.10 diff-etc, it'll go wherever I want to go and it'll take my trailer anywhere it goes

I can go 1000 miles freeway, with ease/comfort/mileage and go off-road

I can carry a hell of a load inside and on top and the trailer

I can go from the tent to sleep in the JKU (with comfort) and I'm 6'4"

Ihave a hatch tent, so my wife and I can jump from the tent to the JKU and lock the doors and sleep in comfort (bears)

I have a place in the Nevada desert and I can go from 115 to-7 in comfort and do all the above

There will always be a MKT for older jeeps, thats just the way it is, but detroit won't put TJ's back into production, like they have "Cudas", Camero's, and Challengers and I've owned em all

I've had two 426 Dodge Hemi's and 4 dodge 440 big blocks,three of which were Dodge Ramghargers witha 10" lift

You can always go home, but you can never go back !!

JIMBO
But my '05TJ Rubi has all that, and can do all that, 'cept for cruise control. Comparing TJ to Camaro and the like isn't a valid comparison. TJ is a wrangler, and a wrangler is a vehicle model like the camaro is a vehicle model. they don't have to bring back the styling of the wrangler, because it hasn't ever ventured from the original styling. take a look at the cj, yj, tj, jk, they all look very similar. More similar than the new throw backs of the Charger, Mustang and Camaro.

Oh yeah, I don't have remote door locks either. Btw, sleeping, or being inside a locked car won't protect you from bears in the least bit. have you ever seen what a bear can do to a vehicle that someone left food inside of? not pretty at all. If you want protection from a bear, you'd better be ready to start said vehicle and get the hell out of dodge.

--I guess you are comparing the 4 door to the older 2 door models. That's not exactly what I was asking, but I think I understand what you are saying now. You're happy for the new 4 door. I too like them, but I've already got a 4 door truck and a 4 door cadillac, so I wanted a small jeep. I guess I used the wrong initials, JK, what is the new jeep wrangler 2 door called? That's what I meant to compare.

anymanusa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2010, 10:11 AM   #17
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

Heh Heh, no I wasn't comparing camero's/cuda's to the wrangler, that was just to show Detroit is responding to the old mucscle cars reproduction and it won't to the jeeps !!

All the new Wranglers simce 2007 are designated as JK, which means NOTHING, you have 2dr/4dr and all the models

We have been in the tent when I heard a couple bears, so we jumped into my (Xterra at the time) and whenoneofem started pushing on the passenger door, we both yelled and I turned on the overhead spotlight and started honking the horn !!

The bears took-off, so maybe you won't get in the vehicle, but I'll take it over staying in the tent and my S&W .45 is always with me--been there done that !!

JIMBO
JIMBOX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2010, 10:41 AM   #18
anymanusa
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Heh Heh, no I wasn't comparing camero's/cuda's to the wrangler, that was just to show Detroit is responding to the old mucscle cars reproduction and it won't to the jeeps !!

All the new Wranglers simce 2007 are designated as JK, which means NOTHING, you have 2dr/4dr and all the models

We have been in the tent when I heard a couple bears, so we jumped into my (Xterra at the time) and whenoneofem started pushing on the passenger door, we both yelled and I turned on the overhead spotlight and started honking the horn !!

The bears took-off, so maybe you won't get in the vehicle, but I'll take it over staying in the tent and my S&W .45 is always with me--been there done that !!

JIMBO

I've been in a tent when bears where sniffing around the perimeter. Protocol in the national park at that time was 'make lots of noise', lol. That was decades ago in Sequioa natty park. Now I go with my 45 or 357.
Unread 07-22-2010, 01:25 PM   #19
terrahawk
2007 JK Wrangler 

I'm guessing lot's of ya'll had your lunch money stolen when you were kids.
Unread 07-22-2010, 01:31 PM   #20
anymanusa
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrahawk View Post
I'm guessing lot's of ya'll had your lunch money stolen when you were kids.
I did the stealing son, I'll steal yours and kick your a$$ too if you'd like.

Why did you say that anyway? What comment led you to say that?
Unread 07-22-2010, 02:06 PM   #21
methmouth
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
There doesn't have to be a comparison between the engines, we're just climbing the ladder of technology and the 3.6l v6 has enough power to maintain 70 mph, with lift and 33" tires, but I don't need power, I get great mileage and plenty of torque, especially with my Ruby xfer case and there's no comparison when it comes to long travel/camping/load capacity and the ability to carry 4 adults COMFORTABLY !!

JIMBO
the jk has a v6?? what happened to the i6?
methmouth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2010, 02:10 PM   #22
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

Sorry, last one made was late 2005 !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by methmouth View Post
the jk has a v6?? what happened to the i6?
Good old engine, but Chrysler, just didn't want it anymore-

JIMBO
Unread 07-22-2010, 02:19 PM   #23
terrahawk
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by anymanusa View Post
I did the stealing son, I'll steal yours and kick your a$$ too if you'd like.

Why did you say that anyway? What comment led you to say that?
All this "mine is better than yours" b.s. that's rampant on here. It's pretty damn entertaining though.
Unread 07-22-2010, 02:33 PM   #24
methmouth
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

JIMBO
that's stupid since a i6 is stronger than v6.

so i'm guessing you've got lots of room left in the hood or what?
Unread 07-22-2010, 02:42 PM   #25
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

Actually, there's not much room on the sides of the engine, but a good gap to the radiator and the Alternator is very high and the oil filter is facing forward, lower left of the vibration dampner, easily changed by reaching over the radiator

Quote:
Originally Posted by methmouth View Post
that's stupid since a i6 is stronger than v6.

so i'm guessing you've got lots of room left in the hood or what?
I've got the rest filled by OBA/sPOD and cabling for the accessories

JIMBO
Unread 07-22-2010, 02:53 PM   #26
methmouth
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Actually, there's not much room on the sides of the engine, but a good gap to the radiator and the Alternator is very high and the oil filter is facing forward, lower left of the vibration dampner, easily changed by reaching over the radiator

I've got the rest filled by OBA/sPOD and cabling for the accessories

JIMBO
cool!! make shift trunk like the italian piece of crud it is, lol, jk(i hope you understand what i was trying to say).
Unread 07-22-2010, 02:56 PM   #27
JeeperSC
2008 JK Wrangler 

I dislike how my brother's TJ feels like your riding a bull when you go over speed bumps. But its not something that would deter me from getting one.
Unread 07-22-2010, 03:01 PM   #28
likeaspyder
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

JIMBO

Are you sure that you are correct with that? The 06 is a TJ and had the 4.0l I6 and I don't recall it being released with a V6. I may have misunderstood or you didn't clearify, are You saying that all of the 2006 TJ's were made in 2005?
likeaspyder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2010, 03:02 PM   #29
methmouth
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeperSC View Post
I dislike how my brother's TJ feels like your riding a bull when you go over speed bumps. But its not something that would deter me from getting one.
you've clearly never riden a yj.)
Unread 07-22-2010, 03:16 PM   #30
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

No, but with the new design coming out in 07, jeep probably stopped '06 production before the end of '05, probably wrong !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeaspyder View Post
Are you sure that you are correct with that? The 06 is a TJ and had the 4.0l I6 and I don't recall it being released with a V6. I may have misunderstood or you didn't clearify, are You saying that all of the 2006 TJ's were made in 2005?
I kinda wish they'd left the I6 for my '08 JK, but

No use crying over spill't milk !!

JIMBO

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.