if they build it they will come. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > if they build it they will come.

Poison Spyder DeFenders™ - "Tubeless" Jeep FendeAll Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!

Unread 07-04-2013, 07:34 AM   #1
roadyrob
1987 YJ Wrangler 

if they build it they will come.

if this ends up as a production jeep I'm sure they will find some buyers.
this thing is badazz!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbHl6bOjHEY

the voices aren't real but they sure have good ideas.
roadyrob is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2013, 07:40 AM   #2
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Over the years how many of the Mopar concept builds have actually been put into production? Don't hold your breath.
Unread 07-04-2013, 09:25 AM   #3
jjvw
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

How's the articulation with 37" tires on the stock suspension? I noticed that they only drove that thing over fairly flat terrain. Looks to be a show truck.
jjvw is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2013, 09:46 AM   #4
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Personally I rather have the Sand trooper or the Recon concepts turned in to production vehicles.

[COLOR="red"][B]For Sale:[/B][/COLOR] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f129/jk-4dr-black-painted-hard-top-1000-a-1541186/"][COLOR="Blue"]2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top[/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f127/jkur-18-59-springs-shocks-1557427/"][COLOR="Purple"]JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks[/COLOR][/URL]

[SIZE="1"][B]97 TJ:[/B] daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
[B]98 TJ:[/B] Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
[B]06 LJ Rubicon:[/B] mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
[B]13 JKU Rubicon:[/B] Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs[/SIZE]
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2013, 03:10 AM   #5
legato
1995 YJ Wrangler 

yeah, i saw this a while back and thought the chopped top was something we can expect in future wranglers to make them more aerodynamic, thus granting them better gas mileage and allowing it to retain the jeep look -or whats left of it.

two things i noticed about the impractical monstrosity:
1. the front driver side tire is practically hitting the bumper, so i bet if you're driving down the road and you take a turn and hit a pot whole you'll scrape the bumper
2. at the 2:20 second you can see a red suv driving down the road, so you can tell they didn't drive it out to the middle of nowhere to film this, rather just pull over along the side of the high way.
legato is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2013, 11:12 PM   #6
jjvw
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by legato View Post
1. the front driver side tire is practically hitting the bumper, so i bet if you're driving down the road and you take a turn and hit a pot whole you'll scrape the bumper
Ha! Maybe that's why they never show it making any real turns. I suspect the front locker is there to power through it own bumper while parallel parking.
jjvw is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2013, 04:01 AM   #7
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Took every ounce of my being to stay awake through that. Dude's voice was about to put me to sleep, let's not even get into the uneventfulness of the video as a whole.

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2013, 07:20 AM   #8
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by legato View Post
yeah, i saw this a while back and thought the chopped top was something we can expect in future wranglers to make them more aerodynamic, thus granting them better gas mileage and allowing it to retain the jeep look -or whats left of it.

two things i noticed about the impractical monstrosity:
2. at the 2:20 second you can see a red suv driving down the road, so you can tell they didn't drive it out to the middle of nowhere to film this, rather just pull over along the side of the high way.
2. Looks like the Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk concept.

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2013, 03:43 PM   #9
legato
1995 YJ Wrangler 

maybe, but i don't think so as it was going too fast in comparison to video of the trail hawk.
Unread 07-07-2013, 04:00 PM   #10
UltimatE
Resident Audio Guru

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grogie View Post
2. Looks like the Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk concept.
This. And they were at Easter Jeep Safari in Moab.

White '94 YJ Sport
Black '98 ZJ Laredo - 45x60 Surco Rack - 2" Budget Boost, Addco Front Swaybar

Project (s)Low - A build log.
UltimatE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2013, 05:34 AM   #11
tankinyj
2012 JK Wrangler 

Im still waiting for the Nukizer
Orange Crush Jeep Club Member #55
tankinyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2013, 10:44 AM   #12
3X4X4
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Personally I would rather they put a steel top on the JK 4 door to keep mom and the rug rats safe at the mall, drop the 2 door shorter wheelbase, and call the result a Cherokee or a Comanche or whatever and then give us the TJ back and call it what it was and is, THE Wrangler!

J
3X4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2013, 11:22 AM   #13
justin credible
2012 JK Wrangler 

With enough interest, the top could definitely make an appearance in furture models.
I think Jeep is (and should be) looking at learning from the Stitch concept the most. Less weight will improve performance, handling, and fuel economy.

As for bringing back the TJ; once you added all the modern safety requirements people would ***** that the front end is too long, the rear end is too long, the hood is too high, it's too heavy, it's too slow, etc..., personally I'll take the JK.
justin credible is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.