Idk what Wrangler to get?! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Idk what Wrangler to get?!

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 05-19-2013, 04:21 PM   #1
PatDiez10

Idk what Wrangler to get?!

I'm currently looking to purchase my first Wrangler, I plan on taking it offroading & mudding but will also use it to go to work & school. I don't care much for mpg just wanna know which Wrangler y'all think will be best ie hardtop/soft top, 2 door/4 door, color, which whelks & if I should get manual or automatic.

PatDiez10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2013, 05:27 PM   #2
muddr1
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Thats only a question you can answer, sorry.
Everyone here is going to have a different opinion as to what to purchase. You are going to have to look at your financial situation, and find how much you are willing to spend.
Then theres get an older one, a newer one. and so one. Any jeep you purchase can be transformed into what you want out of it.

Just look around, see if you can get into a local club, ride in a few. and take it from there.
Thomas Edison Keep Calm,Chive On
muddr1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2013, 05:32 PM   #3
2013JKRubicon
2013 JK Wrangler 

I suggest a Rubicon and manual Transmission and Hard top, you can always take it off ,I prefer the 2 door
2013JKRubicon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2013, 05:47 PM   #4
PatDiez10

I was online & just found a 07 Wrangler 4 door for 12k & it has 79k miles on it it's pretty nice but is the price good it seems all stock no ad ons
Unread 05-19-2013, 05:50 PM   #5
PatDiez10

Never mind it's not a 4x4 so I just passed on it.
Unread 05-19-2013, 05:52 PM   #6
PatDiez10

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddr1
Thats only a question you can answer, sorry.
Everyone here is going to have a different opinion as to what to purchase. You are going to have to look at your financial situation, and find how much you are willing to spend.
Then theres get an older one, a newer one. and so one. Any jeep you purchase can be transformed into what you want out of it.

Just look around, see if you can get into a local club, ride in a few. and take it from there.
Thanks for the feedback ill be sure to try to find a club here in Dallas!
Unread 05-20-2013, 02:34 PM   #7
MadGerbil
2013 JK Wrangler 

I'm new to Jeeps.

Here are my thoughts on tops:

I like the soft top because I can throw my top down anywhere and put it back up anywhere. If I go to work on a sunny morning, but it starts to rain mid-day I'm all set because my top is always with me. The soft top isn't as convenient as the hard top when it comes to storage though - for example, the plastic part cannot be opened like the glass window on a hard top and a soft top looks like crap (I think) long before a hard top will look bad. Soft tops aren't secure either as a window can just zip off allowing anyone to get inside.

Despite the disadvantages of a soft top the few advantages sold me on them.

That all said, what is nice about Jeep is that it's the legos of the vehicle world and you can always buy a different top if the one you have doesn't suit you.
MadGerbil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2013, 11:01 PM   #8
Evian
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Holy cow man! You don't care about MPG! Then any V8 CJ7 will do.
Evian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2013, 05:21 AM   #9
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Why does everyone ask this? How can we possibly answer what you want? Just do some research on each model and figure out what you need/want.

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2013, 03:27 AM   #10
gotjeep12
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Bad day Tyvanwie? I thought a Forum WAS used for research. I get that when you were born you allready knew everthing. Unlike the rest of us. haha I still learn something new everyday and like you love jeeps!
gotjeep12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2013, 05:24 AM   #11
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotjeep12
Bad day Tyvanwie? I thought a Forum WAS used for research. I get that when you were born you allready knew everthing. Unlike the rest of us. haha I still learn something new everyday and like you love jeeps!
It's not about knowledge at all. It's all personal preference. It's like asking "what do I want for lunch" How are we supposed to know?

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2013, 05:46 AM   #12
Rproject
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatDiez10 View Post
Never mind it's not a 4x4 so I just passed on it.
How is this even possible? A non 4x4 Wrangler?

Budget will dictate which Wrangler you can get. The other big factor is how much off roading you plan to do and what kind. If you're going to do light-moderate stuff, something with a 30-35 axle set up might be fine. Want to do a little more? Start looking at models with 44 rear ends. If you know you're going to build it up and want lockers, etc, maybe a Rubi is for you.

The "sideways" build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/r...hread-2164793/
Rproject is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2013, 06:30 AM   #13
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rproject View Post

Budget will dictate which Wrangler you can get. The other big factor is how much off roading you plan to do and what kind. If you're going to do light-moderate stuff, something with a 30-35 axle set up might be fine. Want to do a little more? Start looking at models with 44 rear ends. If you know you're going to build it up and want lockers, etc, maybe a Rubi is for you.

They made a few, mostly for rental places. The also made rear wheel drive Cherokees.
Vin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2013, 10:31 PM   #14
ss44camaro
2013 JK Wrangler 

which ever one makes you happy! figure out whats important to you get one that has that stuff. you will customize it to make it your own.
ss44camaro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2013, 08:48 PM   #15
PatDiez10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rproject

Yea man it was a 07 Wrangler 4 door that wasn't a 4x4 it was a Wrangler for soccer moms or people who wanna say they got a Wrangler haha but I'm gonna check a 06 Wrangler X this Wednesday with mechanic it has 76k miles on it & one owner with some 33' BF Goodrich tires. He's asking 13.5k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.