I wimped out today. How hot is too hot for you? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > I wimped out today. How hot is too hot for you?

15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4Magnaflow SS Cat Back Exhaust System, Street, High ClearanRCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.com

Unread 06-27-2009, 10:43 AM   #31
TJandMe
1985 CJ7 

Damn Bennett. I was going to wine with the others and say 106 is too damn hot. Especially in Dallas where its like sitting a sauna, but after reading your post I'm obliged to suck it up. It CAN always get worse. Its because of guys like you who give me luxury to complain about such mundane things as whether or not it is too hot to take the top of my Jeep!

Ride topless, wave, and be F-ing happy! (write that down)

Unread 06-27-2009, 10:57 AM   #32
AlTheKillerr

106 is to damn hot
AlTheKillerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2009, 11:24 AM   #33
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks to those who said thanks.

I was just saying it can always be hotter, at least you've still got your Jeep, and you aren't surrounded by Hummers. Life ain't so bad.

As for me though, my top comes off any day that it's sunny and not raining. If it's going to rain the next day or so, I drive in safari mode. I still have the full doors so it's a pain to take them off and put them on again, but once I get half doors it will be a lot easier. I'm debating some soft doors just in case it rains, that way I can drive and take the doors off and put them back on in minutes. But then again, I'm in the midwest, so it rains almost every day. I still just leave the windows out. It's my way of fighting back against the weather. Stupid depressing Midwest weather. YOU CAN MAKE ME PUT MY TOP UP, BUT YOU'LL NEVER TAKE MY FREEDOM. lol

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2009, 12:26 PM   #34
Axl Jack
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Although I wouldn't say that I hate warm weather, I'm definitely a person who prefers fall/winter.

The top & doors come off in late spring and I leave the safari top on all the time until the end of summer. I like to be out of the sun's rays.
You know you drive a YJ when it is no longer getting older, but slowly becoming brand new part by part.
Axl Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2009, 12:51 PM   #35
AirborneJeeper
2007 JK Wrangler 

Too hot!

I'm in Iraq right now and its 125 in the shade so I would love to be back in Colorado with the top down. I'll be home in August though and you can bet you wont hear me complain about the heat!

Kimbers and Colts are what you show your friends, Glocks are what you show your enemies.
AirborneJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2009, 04:46 PM   #36
mwmoon
2007 JK Wrangler 

It's rarely too hot where I'm from, but I'm taking a vacation in Texas with the wife and her folks this week. After 100-plus degree heat in Austin, San Antonio, College Station and Houston, I can say, without a doubt, that it's too damned hot down here for me. I'd be closed up with the AC on full blast in this ridiculous heat.

We hit triple digits maybe two or three times a year. My hat's off to you Texans; I don't know how y'all do it day in and day out.
mwmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2009, 04:58 PM   #37
sstaurus
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I often run just the top for shade and then no windows/doors. And I have the 'leather' apex seats which can cause 3rd degree burns after sitting in the sun

The A/C is nice to cut the humidity on those rainy, hot days though.
Unread 06-27-2009, 06:36 PM   #38
Brown Dog
Vendor
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Our high was 109 today and I was out wheeling for 7 hours...KoolBreez bikini top, no doors.

The Jeep Forum Discount is ON!!

Motor Mounts, Motor Mount Lifts (MML), and Engine Brackets for Jeep
100% HANDCRAFTED IN AMERICA

91YJ 2.5
Brown Dog Mounts and Engine Brackets (Serial Number 1)
2" BL
4.5" Superlift SL
AA SYE
35" GoodYear Mud Terrains
Conteract Balancing Beads
Bulldog front bumper
Best Top seats
"Family" roll bar
25 foot 1/2" log chain
No Top, No Doors (Best Top Safari)
Brown Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2009, 06:55 PM   #39
N2rock
Web Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwmoon View Post
It's rarely too hot where I'm from, but I'm taking a vacation in Texas with the wife and her folks this week. After 100-plus degree heat in Austin, San Antonio, College Station and Houston, I can say, without a doubt, that it's too damned hot down here for me. I'd be closed up with the AC on full blast in this ridiculous heat.

We hit triple digits maybe two or three times a year. My hat's off to you Texans; I don't know how y'all do it day in and day out.
Been running doorless for 3 weeks now in those Texas temps The trick is to have a bikini top on (keep the sun off your skull and you don't notice the heat as much), and run the A/C full blast whenever you're at a stop light. And of course light clothes- T-shirt and jeans or shorts works.

His: '07 Unlimited X, Jeep Green, Hardtop, auto, 5.13, 2.5" RC lift and too many mods to list

Hers: '08 X Red Rock, soft top, auto. Bunch of mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlgraham View Post
If you made a snuggy out of a Shamwow, ....would you have to get up off the couch to pee?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepskyy View Post
At this point if Obama tried to move a little to the right, he would trip over Stalin's corpse.
N2rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2009, 08:55 PM   #40
bigred33
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Safari top, no doors...no AC, 9 years. I love to roll in this heat like that....on the weekends.
bigred33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2009, 05:02 AM   #41
SE_Alaskan
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I only put the top up for rain, its been in the nineties for several days here in Atlanta.
Unread 06-28-2009, 08:43 AM   #42
N2rock
Web Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

well I just gave in. Forecast is saying a record high temp today 103f+ Heat index will be near 110f

But that wasn't the real reason I gave in. I'm going to a wedding on Friday, and we decided it probably would be very uncomfortable driving to the wedding in a suit in these temps with the doors off. Plus my wife's dress would likely be blowing all over the place, not to mention her hair. And since I won't have time this week to put the doors and top on, I gave in and did it this morning.

Man- 3 weeks without the doors. It's going to feel strange having the doors back on.

His: '07 Unlimited X, Jeep Green, Hardtop, auto, 5.13, 2.5" RC lift and too many mods to list

Hers: '08 X Red Rock, soft top, auto. Bunch of mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlgraham View Post
If you made a snuggy out of a Shamwow, ....would you have to get up off the couch to pee?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepskyy View Post
At this point if Obama tried to move a little to the right, he would trip over Stalin's corpse.
N2rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2009, 10:35 AM   #43
rgdawson
2008 JK Wrangler 

Colorado Springs. Nice. Nice. Nice. Weather perfect for going topless. No Humidity. Lots of sunshine. Never too hot, even in the 90's. Showers often evaporate before reaching the ground like God's own air conditioner. Just wear sun screen or stop at doctor to have burns treated or skin cancer removed. haha. Actually, here, wearing sun screen is how you keep cool. You guys should all come live here. :-)

My kids sweated once for the first time when they were about 5. It was a panic, they didn't know what was coming out of them. They thought they were leaking.

I grew up in Arkansas, so I know what some of you poor SOBs are going through.
rgdawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2009, 12:06 PM   #44
Kip03TJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

This post gives me reason to get one of those mesh shades for the top. It's really totally worth keeping all those rays off you. Skin cancer is not your friend.

But honestly 125* in iraq and kuwait??? ge'ez now that's hot!
2003 Jeep Wrangler Sahara edition fully loaded 5 speed manual. Brown dog 1" motor mounts, Currie 1" body lift, jks front disconnects, 31" Goodyear Wrangler duratracs, 8 adjustable control arms, Advance Adapters HD SYE, Tom woods premium driveshaft, driver & passenger heated seats
Kip03TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2009, 12:14 PM   #45
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2rock View Post
this week to put the doors and top on, I gave in and did it this morning.

Man- 3 weeks without the doors. It's going to feel strange having the doors back on.
It feels so weird after a long period of them being off. You feel so enclosed lol. I had to put mine back on today because of rain....I hate maryland.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is online now   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.