How to get bumpers clean? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > How to get bumpers clean?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-19-2010, 07:06 PM   #1
JerseyJeep

How to get bumpers clean?

Well I have a 2010 JK Sahara, and after quite a bit of backwoods driving I have still yet to find a product to clean the black plastic bumpers. I clean and clean and yet you still see mud splatter. Ive tried regular soap, mothers back to black, and armor all.

What do you guys use to clean the bumpers?

Big Thanks!

JerseyJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2010, 07:07 PM   #2
JeepNE
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Good excuse to upgrade
JeepNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2010, 07:13 PM   #3
JerseyJeep

Nooo! Not any time soon. No money for that right now. Im doing 3 year 0% finacning so my payment SUCK! I have two other cars also to insure and such. For now this thing stays as is. Nothing major.

Just wish I could clean it!
Unread 10-19-2010, 09:05 PM   #4
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

Try some Turtle Wax Ice. It will fade, but it'll look like new for a week.
Vin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2010, 09:08 PM   #5
g4x4xgeoff
1994 YJ Wrangler 

pressure washer?

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/ri-jeeps/[/url]

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/Built_Not_Bought"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #435[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
g4x4xgeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2010, 09:17 PM   #6
JerseyJeep

I think the problem is that nobody has a stock bumper! LMAO!

I was thinking ice, as I have every detail product known to man, but was hoping there was something else!

Those MOPAR Bumpers are looking better and better with every trip to quadratec's site
Unread 10-19-2010, 09:21 PM   #7
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyJeep View Post
I think the problem is that nobody has a stock bumper! LMAO!

I was thinking ice, as I have every detail product known to man, but was hoping there was something else!

Those MOPAR Bumpers are looking better and better with every trip to quadratec's site
I swapped out for the Mopar bumpers within the first month of ownership only because I believe Jeeps should not have plastic bumoers. The grill I can deal with, but the bumpers...no way.

The only thing I didn't think of is that I'm liking the stubby bumper. I may switch out to the RR bumper next spring.
Unread 10-19-2010, 09:31 PM   #8
JerseyJeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin View Post
I swapped out for the Mopar bumpers within the first month of ownership only because I believe Jeeps should not have plastic bumoers. The grill I can deal with, but the bumpers...no way.

The only thing I didn't think of is that I'm liking the stubby bumper. I may switch out to the RR bumper next spring.
Im liking the "look" of the Mopar rock crawler (something like that I dont remember the name). Keeps factory fogs, and with a hoop I can add some aux daylighters or such.
Unread 10-19-2010, 09:48 PM   #9
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

That's what I'm running now. It's a great bumper, easy to install, beefy. A couple of the guys on here modded out the bumper by removing the crush cans and plastic covers and replaced the tow hooks with d rings. If I don't go with the stubby bumper, I want to try that mod out. I have the bumper with the winch cut out, but have the plastic winch delete plate on it until I get my winch, but that's a whole other story.

The one con I noticed withe the bumper is that the powder coating is a bit flimsy on the welds. I picked up a rust inhibitor at pepboys and put dabs over the welded sections and it looks pretty good. I'lll have to see what it looks like after my first winter.
Unread 10-19-2010, 10:06 PM   #10
JerseyJeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin View Post
That's what I'm running now. It's a great bumper, easy to install, beefy. A couple of the guys on here modded out the bumper by removing the crush cans and plastic covers and replaced the tow hooks with d rings. If I don't go with the stubby bumper, I want to try that mod out. I have the bumper with the winch cut out, but have the plastic winch delete plate on it until I get my winch, but that's a whole other story.

The one con I noticed withe the bumper is that the powder coating is a bit flimsy on the welds. I picked up a rust inhibitor at pepboys and put dabs over the welded sections and it looks pretty good. I'lll have to see what it looks like after my first winter.
YOU KIDDING ME? They make it sound like its all steel. i didnt realize those were plastic. F THAT! If I hit someone or something I wanna say "no biggy its steel"
Unread 10-20-2010, 06:27 AM   #11
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

Just the covers on the crush cans. Like I said, I'm thinking of cutting them off and puting D ring shackle mounts in it's place, unless I just go ahead and get a stubby bumper.
Unread 10-20-2010, 08:44 AM   #12
WillisRad

Krylon

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.