How do you feel about new Jeep wranglers? - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > How do you feel about new Jeep wranglers?

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-29-2013, 04:30 PM   #61
IH8PEPL
So glad its not a Fiat

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjvw View Post
While I'm with you, we can't all be expected to enjoy and prefer driving a glorified tractor around town.

JKs look tougher and tough guys like tough guy things. But that is whole different topic.
Some of you must be the softest guys out there to say a Jeeps ride is so rough that you needed the added comfort of a JK. Ive driven a 47CJ3A, YJ, CJ8, my LJ and a JKU... None of which were so bad that I thought they were too uncomfortable to drive for any length of time. Yeah its no Cadillac, but come on grow a pair, you sound like women.

Tougher Sorry they look cheap - like a Fisher Price toy. That was my opinion of them when I was looking to buy. Im so glad I backtracked to a LJ.

This bumper should have "Tonka" stamped into it.

IH8PEPL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-29-2013, 04:44 PM   #62
jjvw
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IH8PEPL View Post

Tougher Sorry they look cheap - like a Fisher Price toy. That was my opinion of them when I was looking to buy. Im so glad I backtracked to a LJ.

I'm speaking in superficial terms. The JK style is an excellent compliment to the bro look. Artiface. White Oakleys, pseudo-tactical preparedness, flames and angry skulls just aren't my thing... Regardless of the JK's actual abilities, I may never get past who its current target market is.

Bear in mind that I would like my TJ to look more like a farm implement. If only the NV241 had a PTO shaft for a sickle bar mower! That would be tough. Everyone would confuse me for a hard working man.
Unread 12-31-2013, 07:32 PM   #63
trailless

I'm in the market for a new vehicle and pretty much set on a Jeep. There is no way that I'll get a TJ over a JK, especially if I get a Rubi. Reliability, I'm assuming, is better for a Jeep with 9 miles on it compared to 50,000+ miles.

It's not about who has the biggest ..... or the most balls, not even if you have balls. Its about the fact that I can still get a new Jeep that won't have a part crap out on me on a road trip. A jeep that has more safety features for me and my family. Also, from what I've heard and read, a smoother ride which leads to happier passengers.

All of that while still being able to take the top off, the doors off and still get waves from other Jeeps. In the end, that's what it's all about so stop bickering and happy jeeping!
trailless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2013, 09:10 PM   #64
MyJKU14
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IH8PEPL View Post
Some of you must be the softest guys out there to say a Jeeps ride is so rough that you needed the added comfort of a JK. Ive driven a 47CJ3A, YJ, CJ8, my LJ and a JKU... None of which were so bad that I thought they were too uncomfortable to drive for any length of time. Yeah its no Cadillac, but come on grow a pair, you sound like women.

Owning both, and being a woman... comfort is not why I have a JKU. I have it because it has more passenger room, is more humane to ask adults to get into, and will be easier once I have a kid. I like the JKU because it has the creature comforts that our LJ lacks. I LOVE our LJ for off-roading though. I would take that over my JKU except in snow. The added weight of the JKU does make a difference. I stay in 2wd longer in the JKU than I can in the LJ, and feel more grounded in the JKU but that probably has more to do with the lift on the LH than anything else.

I would have a TJ/LJ if it wasn't for the 2-door vehicle and some physical limitations with having to get into the back or in the future put a car seat back there. For some people, the JKU is just about needing more space without losing that wrangler/Jeep feel.

Colorado Jeep Club #281

Past Jeeps: '02 WJ Overland, '02 WJ Limited, '08 KK Sport
MyJKU14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2014, 11:42 PM   #65
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailless View Post
I'm in the market for a new vehicle and pretty much set on a Jeep. There is no way that I'll get a TJ over a JK, especially if I get a Rubi. Reliability, I'm assuming, is better for a Jeep with 9 miles on it compared to 50,000+ miles.

It's not about who has the biggest ..... or the most balls, not even if you have balls. Its about the fact that I can still get a new Jeep that won't have a part crap out on me on a road trip. A jeep that has more safety features for me and my family. Also, from what I've heard and read, a smoother ride which leads to happier passengers.

All of that while still being able to take the top off, the doors off and still get waves from other Jeeps. In the end, that's what it's all about so stop bickering and happy jeeping!
A newer vehicle does not make a more reliable vehicle.

Learn how to do your own work and grow a good understanding of how things operate and you'll start to believe less of what you just said.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2014, 11:06 PM   #66
CropDr
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Jk's are ugly as sin. That said, I will probably end up owning and wheeling one some day!
CropDr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2014, 10:16 AM   #67
pentastarguy
Web Wheeler
2012 JK Wrangler 

love the jk or hate, i would by one soon before fiat redesigns our american classic.
pentastarguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2014, 02:33 PM   #68
trw
2011 JK Wrangler 

To answer the OP, I came from a CJ and YJ and bought my JK a few years ago because I needed something more reliable.

Would not go back to anything older ever simply because the JK does it all for me, it goes offroad better than my previous Jeeps, and takes me to work without any fuss, as well as making long trips to colorado and other states far more enjoyable and less like a week long horseback ride.
1978 Jeep CJ-7 - 304 V8, TH400 auto and quadratrac
2007 Jeep Liberty - Mother's Jeep, BFG ATs and....mud?
trw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2014, 04:37 PM   #69
BruceM1964
2013 JK Wrangler 

I love my JK with all the bells and whistles, it's a DD and I'm not getting any younger so I like the comfort. I've owned an army willys jeep and drove it all the time, it was like the poster above said "a week long horseback ride" I'm not into that anymore I'll leave that to you 20-30 something guys.
BruceM1964 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2014, 02:07 PM   #70
HarryP33
2013 JK Wrangler 

This thread has some pretty comical replies. Very entertaining.

I have historically always driven vehicles that don't fit the norm or my demographic. It's funny that many people out there feel the need to tell me that I drive something they simply couldn't possibly drive. My Jeep has gotten these sorts of comments, which surprises me, because I think my Jeep is the most normal vehicle I own.

I always say to people who decide to become vocal and stress that they don't like whatever vehicle I am driving (while - 9 times out of 10 - they are driving something I could NEVER drive)... "Thank God we don't all have to drive the same vehicle." They tend to immediately agree... and then they get that look... realizing that I don't necessary care for their choice in vehicle, but to each his own. It often bothers them, but I never cared. My self esteem is not created by others. Welcome to the world of opinion and choice. Thank God for them.

So, back on topic... My opinion... I love my JK. But I love all Jeeps. My favorite one so far: '53 Willy's CJ-3B with the Hurricane engine. Ugly? You bet, even when it was brand new. Alas, that particular vehicle is currently rusted beyond recognition permanently parked in a small town in Michigan, so it lives on in my childhood memories as the badest Jeep I have ever experienced. Long Live Jeep... may Fiat keep the tradition g(r)owing...
HarryP33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2014, 04:12 PM   #71
Eckoh
2003 TJ Wrangler 

the JK is not nearly as capable out of the box as a TJ IMO. They are wider and much heavier. JKs also have the nice addition that everything is computer driven, so its more about the computer driving then the person at the wheel.

It is also FAR harder to do stuff yourself on a JK vs any of the older models because of the computers. Its much easier to be a shade tree mechainc with the simple systems of the pre JK wranglers.
Eckoh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2014, 11:17 PM   #72
ryanryan03
2010 JK Wrangler 

Getting the popcorn ready...
Unread 02-04-2014, 11:23 PM   #73
IH8PEPL
So glad its not a Fiat

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Oh god this again...

WTB: M100/M416 Wiring Harness and Tail Lights
IH8PEPL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2014, 08:30 AM   #74
ryanryan03
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckoh
the JK is not nearly as capable out of the box as a TJ IMO. They are wider and much heavier. JKs also have the nice addition that everything is computer driven, so its more about the computer driving then the person at the wheel. It is also FAR harder to do stuff yourself on a JK vs any of the older models because of the computers. Its much easier to be a shade tree mechainc with the simple systems of the pre JK wranglers.
You have no idea what you speak of.
Unread 02-05-2014, 08:40 AM   #75
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

please forgive him father, for he knows not what he does

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckoh View Post
the JK is not nearly as capable out of the box as a TJ IMO. They are wider and much heavier. JKs also have the nice addition that everything is computer driven, so its more about the computer driving then the person at the wheel.

It is also FAR harder to do stuff yourself on a JK vs any of the older models because of the computers. Its much easier to be a shade tree mechainc with the simple systems of the pre JK wranglers.
JIMBO
JIMBOX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.