How do you feel about new Jeep wranglers? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > How do you feel about new Jeep wranglers?

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-26-2013, 09:29 PM   #46
JoonHoss
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IH8PEPL View Post
Neither do minivan engines
Im not even gonna say anything since TJ owners are so sensitive to criticism

Hoss

Don't mind me, I'm just another FNG around here...
JoonHoss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2013, 09:32 PM   #47
IH8PEPL
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoonHoss View Post
Im not even gonna say anything since TJ owners are so sensitive to criticism

Hoss
Hey we arent the nancy boys that need 2 extra doors, room for groceries and a "comfortable" ride for the wife.
IH8PEPL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2013, 09:39 PM   #48
JoonHoss
2011 JK Wrangler 

EDIT- nevermind (we seriously need a sarcasm font)

Hoss

Don't mind me, I'm just another FNG around here...
JoonHoss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2013, 07:17 AM   #49
BarneyWrangler
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Im not even gonna say anything since JK owners are so sensitive to criticism
Not sensitive, just weary of trolls....
BarneyWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2013, 08:37 AM   #50
IH8PEPL
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarneyWrangler View Post
Not sensitive, just weary of trolls....
The topic is "How do you feel about the new Wranglers?" Everyone is entitled to an opinion... even if its one that gets your panties in a bunch.
Unread 12-27-2013, 09:09 AM   #51
BarneyWrangler
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Hey we arent the nancy boys that need 2 extra doors, room for groceries and a "comfortable" ride for the wife.
Nothing bunched up on my end at all, I love my JKU.

I don't see an opinion here, just trolling....
Unread 12-27-2013, 10:44 AM   #52
IH8PEPL
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarneyWrangler View Post
Nothing bunched up on my end at all, I love my JKU.

I don't see an opinion here, just trolling....
Unread 12-27-2013, 11:15 AM   #53
BarneyWrangler
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Unread 12-27-2013, 11:50 AM   #54
blackjeep05
2008 JK Wrangler 

Well I have had three Jeeps before my JKU. 95 YJ horse and buggy compared to everything else. 98 Tj a little bit better but, still lacking. 05 LJ much better than the last two ride quality wise but, not much leg room are arm room to move around. I will say the JK is more car like somewhat but, its still a Jeep being its more versatile than any of its previous models were. I use to hate the JK'S and really hate the 4 doors being I thought Jeep had gotten away from there heritage but, I can honestly say I was stupid for never really giving it a chance. I have had my JKU for a few months and I love it more everyday I drive it. It’s very quiet and peaceful to ride in as well as having much more room to haul things while still being a Jeep. The crazy thing is I get way better gas mileage than any of my previous Jeeps ever did with much more power on the highway. I was able to haul a baby crib with the back seats folded down and there's no way I could have done that in an YJ, TJ or LJ. Everyone will have there own take on the JK but, most that have come from an older Jeep will say its light years better in every aspect. That’s not to say that the older Jeeps are bad its just times have changed and who don't want a little more from a Jeep than just climbing rocks or going in a mud pit? I use to love the 4.0L and though I still like it the 3.8L V6 is a MUCH BETTER ENGINE all around. It has a much more usable power band and is still simple pushrod design that’s proven without the dated flat tappet camshaft. Trust me that’s saying alot for Chrysler engines lol. I will still have a place in my heart for older Jeeps but, there is no way in hell I would give up my JKU for one no matter what the older Jeep had. To me it would be like coaching the NFL and going back to high school football.
16280610_large.jpg

16340028_large.jpg

Unread 12-28-2013, 07:02 PM   #55
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

On paper I like the jk's minus the price. But on the trail stock jk's tend to get high centered before my stock YJ. I am one whom likes to work on my vehicles and not have car payments so obviously I like my barbaric YJ. That and for the price of a jk front bumper I can build a front bumper, rear swingout tire carrier, and sliders
Unread 12-29-2013, 06:57 AM   #56
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

The 3.8 is ****ing horrendous. My 4.0 with 3.07 and 33s does better on the highway than my 08 JKU did.

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-29-2013, 09:30 AM   #57
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

You just ain't gotta clue !

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvanwie View Post
The 3.8 is ****ing horrendous. My 4.0 with 3.07 and 33s does better on the highway than my 08 JKU did.
The 3.8L v6 is a great power/torque/rpm engine that JUST needs the correct gearing to provide great mileage/great performance/great cruising power and it'll be a docile idler that'll climb hills/w a lotta weight at the end of the rope-

I'm afraid that complainers of the 3.8L, just won't bother to investigate/cure the "as issued" defecits

Too bad, it's a great engine-

JIMBO
JIMBOX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-29-2013, 09:36 AM   #58
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMBOX
You just ain't gotta clue !

The 3.8L v6 is a great power/torque/rpm engine that JUST needs the correct gearing to provide great mileage/great performance/great cruising power and it'll be a docile idler that'll climb hills/w a lotta weight at the end of the rope-

I'm afraid that complainers of the 3.8L, just won't bother to investigate/cure the "as issued" defecits

Too bad, it's a great engine-

JIMBO
Maybe so, but it's pretty bad that my 15 year old jeep, with the wrong gears, is much more enjoyable to drive on the highway.

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-29-2013, 10:44 AM   #59
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

Gotta face reality partner--

Quote:
Maybe so, but it's pretty bad that my 15 year old jeep, with the wrong gears, is much more enjoyable to drive on the highway.
I really enjoyed driving my '47 Ford coupe, three speed/two door/ 18 mpg-

Wakeup !

JIMBO
JIMBOX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-29-2013, 02:49 PM   #60
jjvw
Hipster Jeep

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

While I'm with you, we can't all be expected to enjoy and prefer driving a glorified tractor around town. I like weird silly vehicles and JKs just aren't as weird and silly as what came before. JKs look tougher and tough guys like tough guy things. But that is whole different topic.

Complaining about the 3.8 is kind of pointless when Jeep owners have always spent so much time and money to improve the inherent problems and deficiencies of every single model of Jeep ever made. JKs don't come with 4 cylinder engines, so the 3.8 could be argued to be an overall improvement to the line regardless of whatever issues it might have.

These discussions/debates/arguments are all fundamentally based on what a real Jeep should be. No one knows the answer. At least we have options.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.