How do you feel about new Jeep wranglers? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > How do you feel about new Jeep wranglers?

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 12-20-2013, 08:27 AM   #1
B_Rad_G
2004 TJ Wrangler 

How do you feel about new Jeep wranglers?

I own a 2004 Jeep Wrangler TJ.
I love it.
I heard the In-Line 6 engine is nearly bulletproof. Can't kill it.
I hear the new jeep wranglers are nothing like they use to be.
How do you all feel about it?

B_Rad_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2013, 08:52 AM   #2
number40Fan
2014 JK Wrangler 

Traded my TJ for my JK.
number40Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2013, 08:59 AM   #3
COLOUXJ
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Love my Wrangler. It does everything I need it to and then some. And you are right. Every time a newer wrangler came out it was very different than the previous generation. CJ to YJ, YJ to TJ, TJ to JK. Each has their own character and group of owners that like their vehicles for what they are.

But labels aside we all enjoy our Wranglers. You cant really drive a Jeep without it, they are not vehicles to have all the creature comforts or the best rides.
Mechanical Engineers Build weapons Civil Engineers build targets

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpyrot View Post
is it a plink plink kerrrrdunk? or more of a brrrrrconk doc doc miiiidge pang!!!? or is it a badonk ka donk? if it is the latter its just the normal fat *** of the JK

COLOUXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2013, 09:22 AM   #4
B_Rad_G
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by number40Fan View Post
Traded my TJ for my JK.
How does it compare to your TJ? Performance wise.
Do you do any off-road terrains?
I'm not downing you or trying to insult you, but I just hear from various owners
That the older models are better quality and perform better than newer models.
B_Rad_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2013, 09:36 AM   #5
Lenny7
2008 JK Wrangler 

This is Jeep on Jeep crime.
Lenny7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2013, 10:03 AM   #6
CJsPerson
2008 JK Wrangler 

I have had three CJ7s, a TJ and a JK. Although the CJ7 is my personal and emotional favorite the JK is far superior to the CJ or the TJ.

My JK far out performs my TJ on and off highway. It has well over 100,000miles a great many of those hard off road miles. I wheel four to five times a month.

If you twisted my arm for a negative point on a JK I can only come up with its price, not really all that bad, the over complicated windshield and it would have been nice to have a throttle linkage.

As much as I hate to admit it the JK is superior on paper.

I off road because I have a Jeep. I don't have a Jeep because I off road. Above all my Jeep is a convertible. That's where my love is for the brand ...convertible overkill
CJsPerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2013, 10:10 AM   #7
medicjeeper90
2014 JK Wrangler 

I think a lot of people are overly negative about the JK. I just bought my JK a couple months ago and I love it. It was my gift to myself for graduating medic school and it makes me smile every time I see it. Its still a jeep and its probably still the most off road capable vehicle you can buy right now.
medicjeeper90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2013, 10:41 AM   #8
JBTJ
JEEPer For Life

2001 TJ Wrangler 

I have a CJ, YJ and a TJ, CJ7 being my favorite. Thought about getting a JK to add to my collection but after looking at them I decided no way. Too many electronics to crap out, just looks too much like a car on the inside and the newer engines I just donít care for. Plus I donít think they look as good as the older more durable, reliable JEEPS.
JBTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2013, 10:45 AM   #9
JoonHoss
2011 JK Wrangler 

I've owned a lot of Jeeps, various makes/models over the years, including my New JK.

All have advantages/disadvantages over other/previous models.

Doesn't make a single one of them bad, just different.

Most posters who 'hate' on a newer/different model usually don't know what they are talking about, have owned only one model jeep, and/or spew rhetoric they've heard elsewhere- without the benefit of personal expirience.

The rest of us may have opinions on certain features or options, but are generally intelligent enough to recognize each Jeep for what it is.

Hoss

Don't mind me, I'm just another FNG around here...
JoonHoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2013, 11:16 AM   #10
Cooneys08JK

2008 JK Wrangler 

Hated it. Drove one. Bought one. Love it.

Had an 01 TJ still use my XJ for a wheeler, and my JK is my favorite of them all!

'99 Chilli Pepper XJ- Wheeler- BFG ATs, 2 " BB + bolt on stuff
Cooneys08JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2013, 11:31 AM   #11
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I feel fine about them.

I feel less fine about this thread.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2013, 07:49 PM   #12
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped
I feel fine about them.

I feel less fine about this thread.
^^^

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2013, 09:35 PM   #13
mwmoon
2007 JK Wrangler 

I drove an '05 TJ for nearly six years before I traded it in for a truck. Traded the truck a month ago for an '07 JKU and absolutely love the new Jeep. As much as I liked my TJ, I don't see going back to one anytime soon.
mwmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2013, 09:39 PM   #14
98GAXJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I like 4 doors, I like Jeeps, I like no top. I will get a JK one day when I can afford it. I hope it's a 2012 or newer- 3.6 motor.
98GAXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2013, 07:47 AM   #15
wendell
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Just love the new chryslerized jeeps. A jk would look great in your drive way, wouldn't put one in mine, but would look great in yours. All jeeps wheel great, not really an issue. The thing I see with the jk is, the more electronics and complicated systems, the more problems you will have once they get some age on them. With a cj, yj, or even a tj, a lot of problems are fixed right on the trail. My tool kit for my 87 yj is made of a roll of duct tape, some bailing wire and a screw driver. With a jk you will need a jeep tech with you. However, that's the trade off for having a more civilized vehicle.
wendell is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.