Hood Decal Contest... Artists gather round! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Hood Decal Contest... Artists gather round!

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 01-24-2009, 11:55 AM   #1
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Hood Decal Contest... Artists gather round!

I will pay for a 1 year premium membership upgrade or $30 donated towards a lifetime membership for the winner of this contest. I'll donate another $10 towards the other top 4 finalists.

What I want to do is test some peoples artistic talents. I drive an Impact Orange Jeep we all call The Pumpkinator. I planned on putting a wicked looking pumpkin/jack-o-lantern on the hood as a decal. I've decided to turn it into a contest instead of me drawing the same thing over and over, and going through google image search looking for pumpkin faces.

SO... What I want is this:

A drawing, black and white is fine, or color if you prefer, though I planned to use the Impact Orange as the background. It can be hand drawn, and submitted that way, or computer drawn, and submitted that way. Primarily what I am looking for is a face. Something dark, something wicked, but not something that is going to give my grandmother a heart attack (she loves my Jeep lol). I do NOT want a run of the mill Jack-o-lantern. I plan to put it in the center and down towards the front some of my hood. If you have another idea, feel free to post it up. If I like it enough, it will definitely make it into the running. I don't have a problem with another type of picture, I just don't know how much you'll really see on such a small area. So don't be shy with other submissions.

I'll accept submissions until the first of March. I'll post up the top 5 that I like, along with any requests I might have for them, and see what everyone thinks.

Thanks for participating, and Good Luck!

Disclaimer: I do not care if you like this idea, don't post your opinion, it will be ignored. I do not want to see flaming of someones work, I'll ask a mod to remove you, and your post. If you want to comment, be constructive. Please do not post any copyrighted materials. Do not copy someone elses work. If you want to design something similar that's fine, just make sure it's legal, or you have the artists consent.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2009, 11:58 AM   #2
472cid
1997 TJ Wrangler 

awesome wish i could draw
1997 Jeep Wrangler 5.0 ho gt40p motor w/ e303 cam, ax15 trans. 241j rock trac transfer case from 05 rubicon. 05 front rubicon 44 with yukon chromoly shafts and rear rubicon dana 44 and rubicon rims with 33x11.50x16 mtrs
472cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2009, 12:11 PM   #3
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Give it a shot. If only 4 other people enter, even if you draw the worst one you get 10 bucks towards your membership.

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Unread 01-24-2009, 12:15 PM   #4
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

dude, I am so going to win this

My Jeep

2000 TJ, 100" wb on leaves
2007 WK CRD
gribbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2009, 12:29 PM   #5
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Stupid Kuwati internet.

Unread 01-24-2009, 02:06 PM   #6
IBreakStuff
2002 TJ Wrangler 

ok, this is just something to get you started maybe,so i'll string it together with cheezy pictures taken with a bad camera phone.

i know you didnt want a pumpkin but kinda to go along with you theme have a pumpkin with crossbones behind it of a pumpkin that is half jack o lantern and half terminator with its peeling torn off and have the metal underneather exposed.

then have the pumpkinator look like this but with a pumpkin head

then mix/blend it in some flames in the front corner or side of the hood with some white/orange/red airbrushed flames.

i know my pictures are horrible but maybe it will give you a starting point.

heres a picture of the valve cover off my car to maybe give you a rough idea of the flames and then with a pumpkinator in the flams instead of the regular.

Unread 01-24-2009, 02:12 PM   #7
racinjason

ill give this a shot!!!! i design ever day so this will be fun to do something wicked........ check out some of my work and ill work on this too........
www.myspace.com/signstrophies

ill post when i get it done!
2002 Jeep Wrangler X AUTO..Rubicon 5.5 extreme LA/daystar 1"bl..3/4spacer front/RE monotube shocks/rear 8.8w/detroit locker/big disc brake conv/d30warnhub conv. w/yukon extreme axles/spicer u joints/big disc brake kit/lock rite/4.88gears/tomwoods drive shaft/sye kit/1" mm lift/37x12.50x15 goodyear mtrs/15x10 powdercoated eagle alloys/currie rear bumper/tire carrier w/ hi-lift mount/fourxdoctor rockers/bushwacker fender flares/rock lights/bigdaddy offroad front bumper/warn winch/big daddy heavy duty tie rods/hard/softtops
racinjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2009, 02:28 PM   #8
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I could dig the terminator/pumpkin thing, I'm not a big fan of flames personally, plus I don't know how well they'd blend into an orange jeep. Chrome isn't usually my thing either, but it might just be necessary to pull off the terminator thing. I could dig that. As long as the pumpkin wasn't too cartoony looking. That could be pretty cool.

Unread 01-24-2009, 02:37 PM   #9
frumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBreakStuff View Post
ok, this is just something to get you started maybe,so i'll string it together with cheezy pictures taken with a bad camera phone.

i know you didnt want a pumpkin but kinda to go along with you theme have a pumpkin with crossbones behind it of a pumpkin that is half jack o lantern and half terminator with its peeling torn off and have the metal underneather exposed.

then have the pumpkinator look like this but with a pumpkin head

then mix/blend it in some flames in the front corner or side of the hood with some white/orange/red airbrushed flames.

i know my pictures are horrible but maybe it will give you a starting point.

heres a picture of the valve cover off my car to maybe give you a rough idea of the flames and then with a pumpkinator in the flams instead of the regular.

click free
Unread 01-24-2009, 02:46 PM   #10
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Originally, my plan was for something simple, just a wicked looking jack o lanterns face in the hood, it would be cool if it could look carved in some way. I don't know. But after you draw about 20 faces like that, they all start looking the same. So I figured I'd see what others could come up with. Racinjason, that hulk car is cool as hell.

It will be interesting to see what people come up with.

Unread 01-24-2009, 02:47 PM   #11
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Sweeeeet contest James. Wish I was awesome enough to win this.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2009, 02:53 PM   #12
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

You are awesome enough to be my friend. That's good enough. You need to get some kind of bubbly rubber looking letters to spell out FLOAT TEST for your jeep. lol

Unread 01-24-2009, 06:20 PM   #13
slaphands
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Here ya go, not how I thought it would turn out, but here's a quick sketch, maybe some other people can get ideas or something.

Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Club Member #313
Red Jeep Club Member #525
slaphands is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2009, 06:44 PM   #14
ChicagoYJ
Yes, I Understand!

1989 YJ Wrangler 

I've got these 2.
pumpkin-head.jpg   pumpkin-head-2.jpg  
ChicagoYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2009, 07:55 PM   #15
472cid
1997 TJ Wrangler 

not very good but maybe no one else will enter slaphands is only about 10000 times better than me
pumpkinator-00001.jpg  
1997 Jeep Wrangler 5.0 ho gt40p motor w/ e303 cam, ax15 trans. 241j rock trac transfer case from 05 rubicon. 05 front rubicon 44 with yukon chromoly shafts and rear rubicon dana 44 and rubicon rims with 33x11.50x16 mtrs

Last edited by 472cid; 01-24-2009 at 08:07 PM..
472cid is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.