Hit and run last night :( - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Hit and run last night :(

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 06-08-2013, 01:32 PM   #1
poptarts
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Hit and run last night :(

so i was driving home from work last ngith this guy slammed on his breaks in the truck in front of me. i hit the back of him he then pulls up and slams me in reverse..... i then chased them and then tried to get them to stop i pulled up next to them and they hit my front right corner. it looks like my axle is broken up front =(

Unread 06-08-2013, 01:36 PM   #2
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Get make, model, color and plate number? If so call the police and make a report.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2013, 01:46 PM   #3
Bigshankhank
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Wait, you hit him and he ran? Why did you give chase, that's a get out of jail free card since you were at fault.

Yes, I read the entire post, I saw where he rammed you in reverse. Don't ever chase someone who is running from a fender bender. Get their plate # and back off, they are running because they want to avoid the cops, and will likely hurt or kill you to achieve that goal. Not worth it.
Bigshankhank is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2013, 02:14 PM   #4
Jeep_Tech
2004 TJ Wrangler 

what????????????/ this has to be a troll
Jeep_Tech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2013, 02:33 PM   #5
Bong_Holyeo
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by poptarts View Post
so i was driving home from work last ngith this guy slammed on his breaks in the truck in front of me. i hit the back of him he then pulls up and slams me in reverse..... i then chased them and then tried to get them to stop i pulled up next to them and they hit my front right corner. it looks like my axle is broken up front =(
Where did this happen? i live in Lubbock Tx too...
If you hit him and he ran then he was doing something illegal and you dont wan to be chasing him down, there is lots of crack heads here man...
Bong_Holyeo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2013, 05:46 PM   #6
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bong_Holyeo View Post
Where did this happen? i live in Lubbock Tx too...
If you hit him and he ran then he was doing something illegal and you dont wan to be chasing him down, there is lots of crack heads here man...
Exactly, you're luckily they didn't drop you when you pulled along side.

[COLOR="red"][B]For Sale:[/B][/COLOR] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f129/jk-4dr-black-painted-hard-top-1000-a-1541186/"][COLOR="Blue"]2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top[/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f127/jkur-18-59-springs-shocks-1557427/"][COLOR="Purple"]JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks[/COLOR][/URL]

[SIZE="1"][B]97 TJ:[/B] daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
[B]98 TJ:[/B] Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
[B]06 LJ Rubicon:[/B] mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
[B]13 JKU Rubicon:[/B] Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs[/SIZE]
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2013, 07:22 PM   #7
zenman
2013 JK Wrangler 

Tell the police you had stopped and he threw his truck in reverse and slammed you! Just leave out the first part.

Old Jeep: 2012 JK Sahara Dozer
zenman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2013, 12:12 PM   #8
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Sounds like a typical night in Texas.I'm surprised nobody started shooting.
2000' WJ Limited 4.7L-V8/D44/Quadra-Drive/31" MT's/3" lift
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2013, 12:34 PM   #9
Evian
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Sounds like road rage. You caused an accident by following too closely. You are lucky. If you would have hit someone's restored car heading to a car show, you would probably be writing this from a bed in the intensive care unit at the hospital. There are a lot of car shows going on right now. Count your lucky stars.

Do you have insurance? Are you going to report it to the insurance company? Given where the damage is they might not believe you. Especially if the other driver has your license plate number and has given that number to his insurance. Conflicting stories will cause the claim to be denied especially given where the damage is.

Imagine driving along in your truck and a cat or raccoon jump in front of your truck. You slam on the brakes to avoid hitting it. When all of a sudden someone rear ends you. Your wife starts to yell at you (typical wife response). You are so mad that instead of putting the car in park you put it in reverse. The truck jerks back hits the other car. You realize your mistake and take off. Now this crazy person is chasing you down while your wife is yelling or screaming at you. You ram his car and finally get away. All this drama caused by someone following too closely ;-)
Evian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2013, 04:54 AM   #10
tankinyj
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenman View Post
Tell the police you had stopped and he threw his truck in reverse and slammed you! Just leave out the first part.
Orange Crush Jeep Club Member #55
tankinyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2013, 05:55 AM   #11
TrailJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Any updates?

'06 LJ
TrailJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2013, 01:32 PM   #12
frenchy206
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Report this to your insurance company. It's a hit and run. Problem solved. Chances are that the police won't do anything anyways.
Unread 06-19-2013, 11:25 AM   #13
johnnyzhman

Any updates to this? This guy has road rage. You should definitely report this but don't get your hopes up. They likely won't do anything about it.
johnnyzhman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2013, 12:07 PM   #14
EagleRiverDee
2011 JK Wrangler 

I'm betting he was drunk. It might also have been road rage, to start with, but the fleeing thing sounds like he was drunk and wanted nothing to do with the cops. My guess is he thought you were following too closely, slammed on his brakes, you hit him and then it occurred to him that now the cops would be called and he left.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2013, 12:48 PM   #15
Vinman
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Just another reason to get the Black Magic brake upgrade.
Vinman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.