Hidden Falls Adventure Park (Pics Included) - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 01-24-2010, 04:38 PM Thread Starter
AustinCJer
u mad, bro?

1978 CJ7 

Hidden Falls Adventure Park (Pics Included)

So my buddies and I went out to Marble Falls yesterday and had a blast.

We got goin around 10:30. We started on Midnight Run... It was a pretty cool trail... Then we transitioned right into Bronco Buster. Little did we know that they had just cut the trail the week before, and it was a beast of a trail. It took the 4 of our Jeeps in the group about 3 hours to get about 100 yards. First my buddies CJ got stuck in a hole, then I got stuck in a hole, then my cousins JK Rubi flopped on its side in the same hole. (if you havent figured it out yet, this hole wasnt forgiving) So continuing down the trail, my buddies motor mounts in the CJ7 broke off both sides. Some handy mechanics on the trail helped us use ratchet straps to hold it up just long enough to get pulled off the trail. While my buddy Eric was backing up to pull her out, his front tire came off the bead lock and so he had to change his tire in the middle of the trail. He finished the trail and came back to tell me that there was no way my slightly modified Jeep was getting out of the trails final obstacle. SO... after we get moving finally, we tried to find a alternate path out, but they hadnt cut a bypass yet, so I turned uphill and found the biggest gaps between the trees and put my foot down, I eventually emerged from the foliage and turned up on the access road and met up with the rest of the pack. My buddy Eric bent his antirock bar, broke his side mirror and KC light. Most of the other guys coming off the trail broke something on that trail... It was pretty brutal.

So after getting back to camp, my cousin and I licked our wounds for a short minute, then headed back out before it got dark. We hit up a few other trails and really enjoyed ourselves.

-Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 01-24-2010, 05:50 PM
1997_Sport
1997 TJ Wrangler 

That CJ=

Nice photographs btw, looks like a keen trail.

1997 TJ with some stuff done to it.
post #3 of 14 Old 01-24-2010, 05:53 PM
Ptr
1992 J-Series Truck 

Man, that new trail looks badass!
post #4 of 14 Old 01-24-2010, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
AustinCJer
u mad, bro?

1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptr View Post
Man, that new trail looks badass!
its rough! we all tried to wedge ourselves on each bank of the ditch to get through it, but it was too muddy, we just ended up sliding in... it is most definitely a trail that needs lockers.

-Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 14 Old 01-24-2010, 07:00 PM
Ptr
1992 J-Series Truck 

for sure. although it would probably be do-able with out lockers once it dries up.
post #6 of 14 Old 01-24-2010, 07:09 PM Thread Starter
AustinCJer
u mad, bro?

1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptr View Post
for sure. although it would probably be do-able with out lockers once it dries up.
Oh no doubt... the end is the worst part though... there is like a V shape structure of rocks that you have to maneuver back and forth on in order to climb, and without lockers on that portion, you are SOL.

-Dave

post #7 of 14 Old 01-24-2010, 11:05 PM
AustinTexasXJ
1987 MJ Comanche 

damn man missed out. cant wait to get my pics up.

im gonna use your thread though haha

Benjamin
>
<
>
<

Insta: @bmwalive/@TexasDrivenJeeps
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
post #8 of 14 Old 01-24-2010, 11:10 PM
austinaubinoe
2000 XJ Cherokee 

got a pick of that jk's side? need something to smile at.....
post #9 of 14 Old 01-25-2010, 08:57 AM Thread Starter
AustinCJer
u mad, bro?

1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinaubinoe View Post
got a pick of that jk's side? need something to smile at.....
Out of respect for my cousin, I chose not to take a picture in front of him. I imagine he took some and will post them online soon, so Ill steal one and post it here.

-Dave

post #10 of 14 Old 01-25-2010, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
AustinCJer
u mad, bro?

1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTexasXJ View Post
damn man missed out. cant wait to get my pics up.

im gonna use your thread though haha
No worries, just post some when you get them uploaded. Hope you made it back home safe, Homebrew stuff only lasts so long.

-Dave

post #11 of 14 Old 01-25-2010, 01:21 PM
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTJer View Post
its rough! we all tried to wedge ourselves on each bank of the ditch to get through it, but it was too muddy, we just ended up sliding in... it is most definitely a trail that needs lockers.
Nice pictures! I was wondering if everyone was just sliding into that ditch. Mud...

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport -

2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer -

"Civilization is what old men manage to salvage
from the onslaught of young idealists. -- Don Colacho

post #12 of 14 Old 01-25-2010, 01:28 PM Thread Starter
AustinCJer
u mad, bro?

1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grogie View Post
Nice pictures! I was wondering if everyone was just sliding into that ditch. Mud...
Yeah, even my cousin with his JK couldnt stradle it enough to get through without falling in.

-Dave

post #13 of 14 Old 01-25-2010, 07:00 PM
jeepinmichguy_
2003 TJ Wrangler 

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Jeepinmichguy is a jerk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
How about this, if you had the Jeep Spirit, you wouldn't abuse the rest of us trying to enjoy a nice day out wheeling by bringing your brokeass broken down junkyard crap out to play where it can't handle it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepForum123 View Post
you all have nice rigs, stop being f****** a**holes.
post #14 of 14 Old 01-25-2010, 09:49 PM
TSEJEEPERS
1993 YJ Wrangler 

OMG my first Jeep was one just like that CJ Laredo! Wished I still had it!
Looks like fun.

93 YJ SOA 2" springs front, XJ springs rear w/main leaf added, High pinon 9 inch rear detroit locker front Dana 44 ARB 4.56 Gears, 36 inch Irok tires too much to list.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.