Help Me Decide... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Help Me Decide...

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 03-04-2009, 10:57 PM   #1
Finulanu
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Help Me Decide...

Well my next official upgrade is going to be a swing away bumper/tire carrier. I have done tons of research and I've narrowed it down to 3, but cannot decide on which one.
There is the LOD Extreme Duty Carrier. It's the cheapest, but I heard from a few people that its prone to rattling and I dislike the jack placement the most out of the three.
Next option is the Garvin Wilderness ATS. No major cons I can think of other than that there are no jerry can mounts (not majorly essential).
Lastly, there is the jcr off road carrier. Most expensive but has jerry can mounts as well as a jack mount (please post pics if you have any).
My max budget it $700. If you feel you need to reccommend another then feel free, but it has to have a place to mount a jack.

Anyways it would be much appreciated if you could help me decide which one would be the best deal. Feel free to share experience with any of the bumpers you have had or have right now. Thanks in advance.

Finulanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2009, 11:15 PM   #2
0blcktj6
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I have the LoD and can tell you from experience that I love it. I have absolutely no problems with it rattling, you just have to make sure the rubber isolator fits snug against the A frame and you'll be golden. My one thing I don't like is the latch mechanism but that really isn't that big of a deal, just keep a tube of white lithium handy and you'll be good to go.

My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/v...ck-now-908246/
0blcktj6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2009, 12:08 AM   #3
wes19d
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Have not mounted my LOD yet but just from the looks of it I can tell it is a well built product.
Unread 03-05-2009, 01:30 AM   #4
jackbauersmom
2006 LJ Wrangler 

get the lod xpedition, it's $100 more than the xtreme, but has the option of putting jerry can mount and tire rack mount for another $300 at a later date if you want. chris at lod will customize it to your liking if you want too. love mine, here it is:

heavy duty latch

heavier duty hinge pin w/ zerk nipple

only thing i was not impressed with was the powdercoating. i would get it bare steel and paint it myself. http://www.lodoffroad.com/xcart/prod...cat=267&page=1

indyORV
treadlightly
jackbauersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2009, 06:22 AM   #5
Finulanu
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackbauersmom View Post
get the lod xpedition, it's $100 more than the xtreme, but has the option of putting jerry can mount and tire rack mount for another $300 at a later date if you want. chris at lod will customize it to your liking if you want too. love mine, here it is:

heavy duty latch

heavier duty hinge pin w/ zerk nipple

only thing i was not impressed with was the powdercoating. i would get it bare steel and paint it myself. http://www.lodoffroad.com/xcart/prod...cat=267&page=1
Customize as in place the jack mount differetly..say off to one side?
Bump for people who might have the wilderness or jcr carrier. There has got to be more people.
Finulanu is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.