2Likes
  • 1 Post By bwitherel
  • 1 Post By rpounds1957

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 02-15-2017, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
rpounds1957

Hello and what does this mean?

Hi there,

I was a member of this forum a long time ago and have returned. I'm considering purchasing a 2013 Wrangler Unlimited. I've looked at a few, but this one has a decent price, plus it is equipped the way I would like it. I have a question however. On the side of the hood, there is a decal that reads "TEC.CA" and on the door there is a big 'X'. The X I understand. Can anyone tell me what the TEC.CA stands for? If it's something really dumb, I will pass on the vehicle rather than drive around in something embarrassing or worse. Anyone know?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 02-15-2017, 03:33 PM
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Possible previous company vehicle?

08 JK 23S - Colorado Jeep Club No. 204
Too much to list - see my profile for details on build
16 JK Rubi with all the trimmings
NRA Life member
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
post #3 of 9 Old 02-15-2017, 03:34 PM
Kruzin
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

If you like the vehicle otherwise, decals can be removed...

'09 JK Rubicon
'01 XJ Sport
'10 Fusion

post #4 of 9 Old 02-15-2017, 06:34 PM
bwitherel
2014 JK Wrangler 

I remove all dealer decals from all of my vehicles. I have a Z4, Escalade and JKU and first thing I did after purchase is remove front plate bracket (not needed in my state), ditch the rear dealer plate frame and use a hair dryer to remove all dealer decals. Once warm, they peal right off. Any leftover adhesive easily comes off with auto goof-off and a soft rag. Why ruin the great look of a JKU with dealer stickers.
Kuntryboy816 likes this.
post #5 of 9 Old 02-16-2017, 07:14 AM
Kuntryboy816
Web Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwitherel View Post
I remove all dealer decals from all of my vehicles.... Why ruin the great look of a JKU with dealer stickers.

Agreed! Why concede to free advertising to a dealership who just made a 5%-10% profit out of your wallet for doing nothing more than letting you vehicle sit in a lot until you came by?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Sport View Post
Until you know exactly what is underneath the, well, not really sure what to call them...mistakes...it's hard to come up with a plan of action.
post #6 of 9 Old 02-16-2017, 10:23 AM Thread Starter
rpounds1957

Thank you guys for your responses. I didn't realize that they would come off fairly easily. They're not a deal breaker, but I'd rather be rid of them :-)
Kuntryboy816 likes this.
post #7 of 9 Old 03-01-2017, 03:45 PM
Quadratec
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

Are you in Canada? Looks like a Canadian website, but does not load in Google.

-Rick

Quadratec Web Team

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

We Price Match,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
me for a quote

Online Hours: 9am-5pm EST Monday - Friday

|
|
|
|
|
post #8 of 9 Old 03-01-2017, 04:02 PM Thread Starter
rpounds1957

I suspect that the vehicle came from Canada. I'm in eastern Washington, not that far from the border. The graduations on the heater/AC temperature knob are in C rather than F, which makes me wonder if it's from up north.
post #9 of 9 Old 03-01-2017, 05:58 PM
baritone_mike
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Don't know what if any warranty is still on a 2013 but I don't think Jeep USA will honor a Canadian warranty.

˙ɹǝʌo ɹǝʇndɯoɔ ɹnoʎ dılɟ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.