Has Rough Country denied/accepted your warranty claim? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Has Rough Country denied/accepted your warranty claim?

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

View Poll Results: Has Rough Country held true to their "we'll fix it" warranty?
Yes 30 71.43%
No 12 28.57%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 08-18-2009, 05:23 PM   #1
shrewd
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Has Rough Country denied/accepted your warranty claim?

I'd like a show of hands to see how many Rough Country customers have tried to make good on the warranty of a broken/defective part, and whether you had success or not. If you feel the need to give a quick explanation of what they did or didn't replace and/or why, feel free.

RC advertises heavily in JP, 4wheel, and offroad magazines with the "We'll fix it!" warranty claim. It would be nice for the benefit of potential RC customers to know what the likelihood of getting parts warranted is.

This is not a thread for blasting RC, nor for bashing other members for their driving style. If the thread goes that way it's likely your post will be deleted or the thread will get locked.

I personally was denied a warranty claim the other day, so I'm curious how many others are in the same boat.

Unread 08-18-2009, 05:37 PM   #2
shaggyjim
1992 YJ Wrangler 

What was the warranty claim about?

"That's more fun than watching a hippie get mauled by a bear!"

"I love cats, I just can't eat a whole one!"
shaggyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2009, 05:39 PM   #3
99TJSahara
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I had a leaky shock and I PM'd Jeffery, and no questions asked he sent me a new shock.
99 Wrangler Sahara-sold
99TJSahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2009, 05:58 PM   #4
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Let's keep this thread, hmm, flame free & tactfull.

Thanks!
Joe
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2009, 05:59 PM   #5
BWFBezerk
2004 TJ Wrangler 

On a kinda related issue: One of my rear shocks now makes an "air" rushing out kinda sound when I go over bumps. Is this a sign of a blow shock? (By kinda related I mean: if it is indeed a blown shock then I will post on here what RC says about it and what they do.) I've yet to notice anything with the rear being more bouncy yet, but if this is an issue I would like to take care of is before it gets worse.
BWFBezerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2009, 06:01 PM   #6
Quinn1.8t
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I had a friend who had a couple sagging springs on his zj and RC sent him 2 brand new springs no questions asked.
Quinn1.8t is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2009, 06:07 PM   #7
shrewd
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggyjim View Post
What was the warranty claim about?
Bent spring. More detail here http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showp...postcount=2352
Unread 08-18-2009, 06:40 PM   #8
99TJSahara
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWFBezerk View Post
On a kinda related issue: One of my rear shocks now makes an "air" rushing out kinda sound when I go over bumps. Is this a sign of a blow shock? (By kinda related I mean: if it is indeed a blown shock then I will post on here what RC says about it and what they do.) I've yet to notice anything with the rear being more bouncy yet, but if this is an issue I would like to take care of is before it gets worse.
Mine have done that since the day I put the lift on, I thinks its normal.
99 Wrangler Sahara-sold
99TJSahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2009, 06:59 PM   #9
alecmcmahon

Rough Country has been more then helpful when it came to their products, i was having some trouble with their sway bars on my TJ, setup didnt quite work for me , so RC sent me one of their new prototype sets free of charge, and didnt ask for the old setup back.

Same deal with missing parts if ever any, they were always sent out promptly.

Highly recommended.
Unread 08-19-2009, 11:15 AM   #10
fyrdriver
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Had a sagging spring on one side, they sent two new ones out. One of those was made too short (eye to eye). They will honor their products/warrantee but you have to be a pest to get it done.

http://groups.jeepforum.com/Firefighters_Jeep_Club
fyrdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2009, 11:27 AM   #11
hyperboarder
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I had a johnny joint that exploded, Jeffrey helped me until I had the right one, all is well now. He helped with a few missing components too, he's a good guy.
hyperboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2009, 02:01 PM   #12
mitchrb1
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I haven't had any need for warranty parts, but every time I call to order something, Jeffrey is quite helpful and I have heard nothing but good reports about thier service.
mitchrb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2009, 02:49 PM   #13
vtx531
2002 TJ Wrangler 

They have sent me replacement shocks a couple times and bushings once. Overall GREAT customer service and good to deal with.

MY JEEP
vtx531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2009, 07:18 PM   #14
Yesfan70
2004 WJ 

Jeffery sent me the replacement (shorter) shocks for the rear. No questions asked. I even offered to send him my old shocks, but he would not take them since they were now "used". I figured they could have at least got something for a pair of rear shocks that had less than 500 miles on them. They do have a scratch and dent on eBay I think.

I do miss the softer ride of my Skyjacker BB, but the RC isn't at the point I regretted getting it. So far I am happy with my purchase.
Blue Jeep Club Member #193

Only in a Jeep...
Yesfan70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2009, 07:57 PM   #15
yjjustforme
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah there customer service is second to none, but the quality in my opinion SUCKS!!!!! YES i did talk to ryan and he had sent me out a whole new set of springs (all four) and they to sagged in less than two months!!! "New springs" huh, I see no improvements have been made what so ever.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.