Had to go wheelin - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Had to go wheelin

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 06-03-2008, 01:27 PM   #1
Skyryder
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Had to go wheelin

Wow, what a day. Went wheelin yesterday with the wifee and dog and wow what a trip. Now 70 miles of trails might be nothing to some hard core guys, but this was intense with so many different aspects of wheeling in one trip. There was the standard "jeep" trails that at this time of year are iffy at best, We encountered dirt/dry roads, snow packed and got stopped at a 10-15 foot drift had to back track and "go around" then there was the run-off, swollen creeks running 3-4 feet above normal and had to ford-em, they of course came with the monster mud holes on top of that super slick wet black dirt under saturated grass and pine needles. Had to rock climb wash outs, not at all like boulder climbing stuff. Anyway, I'm JACKED for a great trip. We were not prepared for what we did (by ourselves and no recovery equip.) and really had no intention of going that far, just going "out in the country" and let the dog run, ya right. We must have crossed the Continental Divide 15 times, or was running the top of it, with all the detours I found it really hard to plot our trip when we got home. Well I have a new found respect for my, other than tires, stock TJ. I have had several 4-bys and wheeled them fairly hard IMO, but no way would I have dared (mostly because necessity to get home by now) to do the stuff we did yesterday. , , Sorry no pics, either we could'nt stop and loose momentum or the water was too deep

PS Can't wait to do it again
Sorry this is long winded and really no point to it.

Black Jeep Society #264

Last edited by Skyryder; 06-03-2008 at 01:33 PM.. Reason: can't spell
Skyryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2008, 02:21 PM   #2
Brads_nky_yj

pics...pics...me want some pics!!
Unread 06-03-2008, 03:48 PM   #3
BoarderX47
2005 TJ Wrangler 

so along with forgetting your recovery gear did you also forget to take a camera? I think all of us want to see some pictures!
BoarderX47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2008, 05:51 PM   #4
Skyryder
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I know, I know,, You guys just want me to go again, with camera & gear.

Well you know what I just might tomorrow!

I did get a couple of phone pics (bad) and just at the start of the trip in Blossburg. That is Mullan Pass R&R tunnel @ about 5900'

The worst (best) was yet to come.

Sure wished it was that clean at the end of the day!

Black Jeep Society #264
Skyryder is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.