Group Buy - Vanco Brake Kit - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Group Buy - Vanco Brake Kit

TJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion KitGreat prices on seating!--Oconee Off-RoadTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Closed Thread
Unread 05-21-2009, 04:50 PM   #1
leukus
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Group Buy - Vanco Brake Kit

First to the Mods - i have no idea where this belongs so if you could please put it where it should be.

Well i have been reading up and the Vanco brake kit since i am in the process of upgrading to 35's. I have been told this is the way to go. But i had also asked if anyone had ever put together a group buy - and since i asked about that means i get to do it.

So i emailed Vanco and they are willing to do it!!! We need to get 5 people that are interested in the brake kit and they will knock $100 off the price of the kit. I think that is a pretty good deal and getting 5 buyers should be pretty easy to do. The word is we can do any size kit you would like.

So let me know if you are interested. Now i have never organized a group buy so you this will be a learn as we go process.

http://www.vancopbs.com/category_s/121.htm

Last edited by leukus; 05-21-2009 at 05:23 PM..
Unread 05-21-2009, 05:13 PM   #2
robncar
We Got The Cup, AGAIN!!!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukus View Post
First to the Mods - i have no idea where this belongs so if you could please put it where it should be.
Well i have been reading up and the Vanco brake kit since i am in the process of upgrading to 35's. I have been told this is the way to go. But i had also asked if anyone had ever put together a group but - and since i asked about that means i get to do it.
So i emailed Vanco and they are willing to do it!!! We need to get 5 people that are interested in the brake kit and they will knock $100 off the price of the kit. I think that is a pretty good deal and getting 5 buyers should be pretty easy to do. The word is we can do any size kit you would like.
So let me know if you are interested. Now i have never organized a group but so you this will be a learn as we go process.
http://www.vancopbs.com/category_s/121.htm
Best of luck on your group but!

It looks like you may have been typing "t" instead of "y" though...
Unread 05-21-2009, 05:25 PM   #3
leukus
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks. Smart ***
Unread 05-21-2009, 05:28 PM   #4
gbean120
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I'm in

I just talked to Vanco and they told me whatever size I want. I read about Robncar's 16 inch rim size recommendation....So this will work out greay!

haha..I mean great!

I'll order it up this evening. How long do we have to wait for five more people? 1 week? 2 weeks? until its filled?

I am so excited. Every day when I drive I think, this will be the day that some idiot will pull out and stop to fast for me. Last year I had a friend driving it and could not stop in time! No Damage except my highlift bolt. Luckily the highlift was not there. But she speared a brand new Tacoma.
Unread 05-21-2009, 05:51 PM   #5
robncar
We Got The Cup, AGAIN!!!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks. Smart ***
Actually, I try to keep the grey matter in my head. Please, have a sense of humor...

Here's a joke for you (from my 12-year old) to lighten things up:

What does the father buffalo say to his kid on the way out the door?
By son!
Unread 05-21-2009, 05:58 PM   #6
SeanCucf
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I'm in....all this rain and I have NOOO confidence in my TJ getting anyone but myself safely to a stop. And judging by tread I only have another 5k miles until I step up a tire size or two.

Sean
Unread 05-21-2009, 06:23 PM   #7
leukus
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I think we should leave it up for a week to see how many people we can get.
here is the list so far.

1. leukus
2. gbean120
3. seancucf
Unread 05-21-2009, 07:35 PM   #8
ziaholic
180 lb Gorilla

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I'm in.

Quote:
I think we should leave it up for a week to see how many people we can get.
here is the list so far.

1. leukus
2. gbean120
3. seancucf
4. Ziaholic

Fixed it for ya ...

Video: Moab '05 GoldenCrack MyStockRubi
Video: Moab '07 GoldenCrack MyLiftedRubi
Unread 05-22-2009, 09:15 AM   #9
SeanCucf
2002 TJ Wrangler 

robncar...

So a 16" brake kit fits inside 15" wheels? Interesting. I'm making this assumption from your profile saying you have a 16" brake kit and 15" wheels.

Though I'm sure the regular kit is fine, if I were to find a set of Moabs in the near future I Iwouldn't mind getting the bigger, 16" kit. if I've read all the past thread right, there are a couple options. However, if the bigger kit were to fit inside my current factory Canyons, even better. (I've got 1.5" spacers already BTW)
Unread 05-22-2009, 10:15 AM   #10
robncar
We Got The Cup, AGAIN!!!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanCucf View Post
robncar...

So a 16" brake kit fits inside 15" wheels? Interesting. I'm making this assumption from your profile saying you have a 16" brake kit and 15" wheels.

Though I'm sure the regular kit is fine, if I were to find a set of Moabs in the near future I Iwouldn't mind getting the bigger, 16" kit. if I've read all the past thread right, there are a couple options. However, if the bigger kit were to fit inside my current factory Canyons, even better. (I've got 1.5" spacers already BTW)
Yes, I'm running the 16" kit with 15" wheels. They fit with my 15x10 AR Outlaw II's with 4" backspace. Not all 15" wheels will work. I went to Van's shop, at the suggestion of mrblaine, to test fit it first though - not something everybody can do, I realize. Van seemed to have an informal list of what would fit. I think my combo was added to that list.

Let me tell you, the fit is TIGHT! I can't run tape balance weights and I had to grind away some of the brake pad clip material. Killer stops though. The pistons are larger on the 16" kit.
Unread 05-22-2009, 11:11 AM   #11
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I'm gona keep an eye on this. If I get the back done and start on the front before you guys are done collecting names then I am in. I have to get started first because I will have to send my knuckles in to be modified (I'm assuming he doesn't have any RHD knuckles laying around already modified.)

I drive on the right side, what's wrong with you?

Quote:
Be very careful with the wife mod. Uninstallation can be extremely expensive. Wife mods have been known to take the Jeep and all other mods during the uninstall process. Also, make sure you service your wife mod properly as often as humanly possible. Wife mods not properly serviced may malfunction or uninstall themselves at any time.
Unread 05-22-2009, 11:51 AM   #12
Vancopbs

I am going to let this go on until the June 1rst. When it's over I will need pms with the names and phone numbers of the guys in. I will call you and set up the applications you are buying (year, make, model, size of kit etc).

I am also going to give the original poster a slightly higher discount, how high depends on how many do this.
South Gate, Ca 90280
800-256-6295
323-563-1588
Unread 05-22-2009, 11:53 AM   #13
gbean120
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Big Brake Buy

Vanco...or Van, I don't know if was him of not. Said he will post the ordering instructions on the this group buy thread.

He beat me to it!
Unread 05-22-2009, 12:13 PM   #14
2005X
2005 TJ Wrangler 

i needed this back in January. on a side note i stongly recommend those who are just thinking about this to go ahead and pull the trigger, ive had mine for maybe 200 miles and today was the day i needed them, going 60mph when the light turned red and i had the split decison to run it or slam on the brakes, i choose the brakes and it stopped me just in time, i never could have done that in stock brakes and my 4300lb rig
Unread 05-22-2009, 01:37 PM   #15
Alexia
2004 LJ Wrangler 

I would be for this if I had not bought a soft top this week.

Build Project Thread
Rocker Guard Comparison Chart - Final Differential Gear Ratios - Oxygen Sensor FAQ
Closed Thread

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.