Getting that first 'Wave' - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Getting that first 'Wave'

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-26-2013, 11:46 AM   #16
fillerup
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGerbil View Post
You sound like the non-waving type.
What's your license plate number?

I wave at anyone who waves at me first.
I feel kinda silly waving first. I don't know why, I just do.
Congrats on the Jeep.

fillerup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 12:01 AM   #17
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I wave at all Wranglers, I've noticed that more and more JKs are waving back. If enough jeeps wave at them, eventually some will figure it out.

[COLOR="red"][B]For Sale:[/B][/COLOR] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f129/jk-4dr-black-painted-hard-top-1000-a-1541186/"][COLOR="Blue"]2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top[/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f127/jkur-18-59-springs-shocks-1557427/"][COLOR="Purple"]JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks[/COLOR][/URL]

[SIZE="1"][B]97 TJ:[/B] daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
[B]98 TJ:[/B] Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
[B]06 LJ Rubicon:[/B] mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
[B]13 JKU Rubicon:[/B] Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs[/SIZE]
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 02:29 AM   #18
Anith
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep waves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-On View Post
I've had mine three months and not one single wave yet...
Same here in Rome, Italy! I bought my TJ almost 2 months ago but no from any Jeeps yet....may be because here most of the Jeeps are Cherokee, Grand Cherokee and Compass. Do you guys get waves from all kind of Jeeps or only from Wranglers and CJs?
Anith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 09:33 AM   #19
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anith View Post

Same here in Rome, Italy! I bought my TJ almost 2 months ago but no from any Jeeps yet....may be because here most of the Jeeps are Cherokee, Grand Cherokee and Compass. Do you guys get waves from all kind of Jeeps or only from Wranglers and CJs?
Wranglers mostly, I only notice the others if they are modified for off-road.

[COLOR="red"][B]For Sale:[/B][/COLOR] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f129/jk-4dr-black-painted-hard-top-1000-a-1541186/"][COLOR="Blue"]2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top[/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f127/jkur-18-59-springs-shocks-1557427/"][COLOR="Purple"]JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks[/COLOR][/URL]

[SIZE="1"][B]97 TJ:[/B] daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
[B]98 TJ:[/B] Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
[B]06 LJ Rubicon:[/B] mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
[B]13 JKU Rubicon:[/B] Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs[/SIZE]
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2013, 04:42 AM   #20
ancientspear
2013 JK Wrangler 

I've had more waves in the first 4 weeks of owning my JKUR than waving at all models of Jeeps for 4 years in my WJ. FB is bang on about non-wranglers, unless they're modded... good luck!
ancientspear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2013, 11:04 PM   #21
Dead-On
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-On View Post
I've had mine three months and not one single wave yet...

Well that's all changed. Now that the weather has changed I see a LOT more JK/JKU's out on the road now. And EVERYONE waves...!
Dead-On is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2013, 12:45 AM   #22
jjvw
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

FWIW, I've been in the Aspen area since Monday night and am stuck here until next Monday morning (work). Just for fun, I've waved at nearly every Jeep I've seen, about 20 so far-mostly JK's. Only one TJ has waved back.

An old Wagoneer waved back today, but that was on a trail and doesn't really count.
Unread 08-09-2013, 08:59 PM   #23
jay-h
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I get an give plenty of waves, both in the YJ and the CJ2A. People seem to enjoy it.

Sometimes wave to other like minded stuff (especially in the CJ2A): early Scouts, etc. The other day I exchanged waves with a 70s vintage Myers Manx dune buggy

wife's toys
97 Grand Cherokee (ZJ)
87 MB 560SL roadster
jay-h is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.