Gas tank for rear stretch - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Gas tank for rear stretch

New For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S Exha

Unread 04-21-2009, 01:41 PM   #1
E_ROCK
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Gas tank for rear stretch

I want to 4-link and stretch the rear of my Yj this next winter. I have been looking into putting a fuel cell into the back of my jeep and decided that really isn't for me. I want an under the body fuel tank and leave the space in the back of the jeep for gear and tools. Genright has a nice tank that will allow a 6" stretch, but damn $850? Who is Genright's competition? Does anybody else make a tank that allows for a stretch. My searches come up with zip!

www.rockfrogs.org
E_ROCK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2011, 12:48 PM   #2
heckyl
1983 CJ7 

i have been looking for this as well, i think gen right is the only one that uses the stock mounting location to avoid fabwork. if you're not a diy'er this is the quick easy way to do the stretch. by the time you pay someone to fab up something, it would probably cost you about the same amount..... old thread, i know. blame google
heckyl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2011, 03:25 PM   #3
E_ROCK
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by heckyl View Post
i have been looking for this as well, i think gen right is the only one that uses the stock mounting location to avoid fabwork. if you're not a diy'er this is the quick easy way to do the stretch. by the time you pay someone to fab up something, it would probably cost you about the same amount..... old thread, i know. blame google

Thanks!

I did end up with the Genright. I am not disappointed. My rear stretch project starts at post #30

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/e.../#post10756552

www.rockfrogs.org
E_ROCK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.