post #1 of 4 Old 10-12-2016, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
pittjeep127

Future JKU Build: Vented Hood Search

Hello Jeep Forum Community,

Brand new member here, here's a quick background of myself:

-Finance professional in the Pittsburgh, PA area
-Lifelong Jeep enthusiast
-Current owner of a 2005 Ford Five Hundred, saving for first ever Jeep
-Model: 2015 or newer Wrangler Unlimited Sport S (manual transmission, black, body color hardtop)
-Looking to start with a stock Sport S and gradually add to the build over the next few years

While I was perusing some Google Image pictures of JKU rigs to get some inspiration for my build, I came across this hood and instantly fell in love:

Kind of reminds me of the new Rubicon Hard Rock hood, only with an additional front hood scoop and side vents. I've searched all over the Internet for a vendor that sells this exact hood, and haven't had any luck. Not sure if the hood vents and scoop are functional or just purely aesthetic. I was just wondering if anyone has this hood on their Wrangler and/or if they know the make and model of this hood. Thanks in advance for the help!

--pittjeep127

Last edited by pittjeep127; 10-12-2016 at 06:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-12-2016, 06:38 PM
jason m
Nothing but the facts

Moved pic request section.

Jason.

1993 YJ 4.0 60 Front, Rear steer 60, bolth spooled, 5.38's, 700r/241 39.5 iroks and beating it like it owes me money.

And on the 8th day, God created the 14 bolt...

The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 Old 10-13-2016, 11:15 AM
222Doc
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Garage
the only hoods i have looked at were the CF ones. weight is everything. Oddly the CF ones cost LE$SS$ than any of the other metal ones made. even a stock hood cost more? if any of those vents are real water is going into the bay. they will fill with snow and ice as well in winters. just a thought if it matters

Home of the Parker Desert Splash

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 4 Old 10-15-2016, 07:30 PM
JIMBOX
2008 JK Wrangler 

I agree with the doc on the reality of the vents on the hood flats and--

That longitudinal center scoop would miss the actual intake arrangement and be of no use under 80 miles per hour anyway, so

A hood like that would please the owner for aesthetics--nothing else !

Good luck

JIMBO

Yellow Jeep No. 683

--YA GOTTA HAVE CLASS--

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.