Fuel economy with different tops - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Fuel economy with different tops

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 07-29-2010, 11:29 AM   #16
mdm
Farm Wheeler
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93iroZJ View Post
how do you guys get such accurate readings of your MPG..

for example:

I took the doors and windows off but left the softtop on and my mpg dropped to 12.85. I usually get over 14.50 mpg.

how do you figure 12.85....
How is easy, math.

The better question is "Why?"

Unread 07-29-2010, 12:05 PM   #17
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdm View Post
--snip--

The better question is "Why?"
My thoughts exactly.... We are driving a brick, its MPG is going to suck, so why would I want to confirm it by using math
little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2010, 12:12 PM   #18
93iroZJ
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UABYJ94 View Post
next time you fill the tank up reset your trip meter. Then when you go to fill up the next time you divide the mileage by the gallons of gas it took to fill it back up. That gives you your mpg.
i understand that.. im saying why would you ever break it down to 12.85 and such. It's like a mpg pissing contest lol
93iroZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2010, 02:40 PM   #19
blubaru2002
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93iroZJ View Post
i understand that.. im saying why would you ever break it down to 12.85 and such. It's like a mpg pissing contest lol
My jeep is my daily driver. I drive 52 miles per day round trip to work. I am in college and am piss poor. When the gas light comes on and I have only driven 185 miles to the tank, I notice. I usually get 210 miles before the gas light comes on. At this point in time funds are tight, therefore I am trying to squeeze as many mpg outta the heep as I can.

Explanation good enough for ya?
blubaru2002 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2010, 02:54 PM   #20
Maverickxeo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blubaru2002 View Post
My jeep is my daily driver. I drive 52 miles per day round trip to work. I am in college and am piss poor. When the gas light comes on and I have only driven 185 miles to the tank, I notice. I usually get 210 miles before the gas light comes on. At this point in time funds are tight, therefore I am trying to squeeze as many mpg outta the heep as I can.

Explanation good enough for ya?
I have about the same commute, but being in Canada, my wage is probably higher (although gas is a bit higher too).
Maverickxeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2010, 07:14 PM   #21
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I think it's interesting at least, we are not going to get great gas mileage, but it's still interesting to see the differences.
jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
different tops , fuel economy , miles per gallon , mpg

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.