Frustration with Currie - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Frustration with Currie

Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Artec Holiday Sale!

Unread 04-25-2013, 10:59 AM   #1
Grumpy2006
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Frustration with Currie

I am finally installing my 4" Currie lift and thought I might warn everyone of a few issues I have had with the parts from Currie. My first delay was when my body lift kit had only 10 pucks in it. The second delay was when I opened my front bumpstop kit and found the instructions called for 2-1/4" long bolts for the lower stop. Currie sent me 1-1/2" long bolts. The third problem is that the bolts supplied by Currie for the front top bumpstop are 3/8" thread, but the holes they go into are threaded for M10. I believe others on here have said it does not matter, but I would disagree. Especially when the supplied bolt binds an inch out from being tight. Bottom line, I expected more from a $2k lift. If you do decide to buy a Currie lift, check the supplied hardware closely and expect delays and extra costs to get the correct hardware lined up.

Grumpy2006 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2013, 11:04 AM   #2
RubiconRazorbac

2003 TJ Wrangler 

You didn't mention in your post, but have you even called Currie to resolve the issue?
My build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ru...thread-792423/
RubiconRazorbac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2013, 11:10 AM   #3
RowJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

My first thought is "Surprising" , But maybe not!
I have bgt several components..... control arms, TB bracket, rear springs and frt Adjustable T.B...... And have had minor problems.... no directions included once, missing zerkes for bolts on C.A.'s, etc. But I bgt all my Currie stuff through Savy and was never sure where the minor annoyances came from.

Maybe Currie has gotten too big, too fast? Rapid growth has been known to temporarily destroy good customer service in many companies.
I will say I NEVER had any quarrel with the QUALITY of the Currie parts I purchased!! All were outstanding
And I did contact Currie on two such occasions..... both problems were addressed politely, quickly and apologetically.

RJ
RowJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2013, 11:14 AM   #4
Grumpy2006
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiconRazorbac View Post
You didn't mention in your post, but have you even called Currie to resolve the issue?
Currie did send me the additional puck and the longer bolts are in the mail. I haven't called about the metric bolts as I am tired of waiting for Currie to send the correct hardware. Each time I call them it takes a week to get the correct parts out to me. While I appreciate a company that does correct their mistakes, I don't appreciate a company that makes so many mistakes.
Unread 04-25-2013, 11:35 AM   #5
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowJ View Post

Maybe Currie has gotten too big, too fast?
Doubtful, seeing as they've been around since the late 50's.

I've been hearing of more screw-ups, delays, and poor communication with Currie than normal but until all details are known, I'll withhold judgement. I'm a very strong Currie supporter for good reasons and even the best companies have some issues every once in a while. Call them up and find out what the hell is going on. Don't allow 'no' as answer and demand some quicker shipping.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2013, 09:46 AM   #6
Grumpy2006
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I have an update for anyone that may be interested. This is a bad news, good news sort of thing. The bad news is that after my last post I opened my new Anti Rock and found one of the arms was already rusting quite a bit and losing paint. Yeah, I know, rust is part of a Jeep's natural state. I just prefer the parts I put on my Jeep not rust until after they are installed. So, the good news. I sent Currie an email explaining all the problems I have had, it was too late to give them a call. I then called the next day. To Currie's credit, they seem serious about addressing all the issues. They are going to send out the metric bolts for the upper bumpstop and a new arm. I can't say I have any problems with their customer service. I just wish I didn't have to call them so often.
Unread 05-05-2013, 08:19 PM   #7
MATT99TJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Currie recently moved locations because, I believe, they were forced out of their building, via eminant domain, to make room for a bridge to be built over some train tracks. I'd guess they are having some issues getting things squared away in the new place.
MATT99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2013, 12:01 PM   #8
j_bydesign

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Wow, I have had nothing but great luck with their service and even better luck with their parts... unforunately you are dealing with humans and we all have bad days... and on occassion I have even been know to make a mistake or two...

glad to hear that they took care of you.

'04 TJ... '65 CJ5(sold :( )... 89' Int. Harvester Toter!
j_bydesign is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2013, 06:43 PM   #9
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I had some issues with nuts and bolts missing recently from Currie. They were good about it, except one time the guy on the phone accused me of stealing shock relocators because I needed the nuts that were missing. WTF? He wanted to see the receipt and all for some 18 cent nylock nuts. I just went and bought some at the hardware store. Funny they showed up at my doorstep a few days later, maybe his boss got mad at him .

No big deal though, not going to let one idiot ruin my day.
Moabrubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2013, 08:43 PM   #10
TSEJEEPERS
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Ok I am going to be the bad one here.
From my exsperiance from Currie is they are more than willing to sell you a high dollar part.
Not so much the cheaper parts.
I am sure their salepeople work on commission and that could have alot to do with it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.